How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplethistle View Post
I know that its possible to search for threads that have 3 letters or less via the google custom search. But would it be possible to have a rule where if starting a thread with 3 or less letters that certain symbols are added to the end so those who don't know about the custom search can still find the thread that would otherwise be 'lost'.
Update on this since, agreed, it really was an irritating issue: the Tech Team installed a new search engine that supports 3 character searches now, hooray!

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

hello! thought i might put a suggestion towards the awesome mods. :-) when a models thread is made it is usually stated what agency he/she is with (when the poster adds it to the first post made in that thread). obviously when the model has been around for a while or is popular the thread will start getting a lot of pages. sometimes models change agencies so if looking on the agency posted on the first page, the model obviously isn't listed on the website anymore.

what i'm trying to say is would it be possible to update the first page with current agencies, such as a pinned post at the top of the thread?

hope i got that out properly, let me know if it's hard to understand haha.

goodbye kiss

^I'm not a SC mod, but I don't think that's possible. Besides taking a lot of time, it's not an easy job to follow every time a model changes agencies...I think if I eventually notice a model I follow switches agencies, I can easily add that information to the first post of her/his thread, but I don't believe we can guaranteed that for all models' threads. My two cents.
There's a Models Switching Agencies thread, hope it will be helpful for you.

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

yes after posting that i thought that it would be a hard task to do that for a lot of models on this forum, considering just how many models are in the femmes thread alone haha!

thanks for the link and the response.

V.I.P.

Is it possible to move threads on costume designers to the entertainment forum? eg Colleen Altwood is on Art & Design forum but it only has 3 pages, I think itīs because no one knows itīs there.

25-06-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Is it possible to move threads on costume designers to the entertainment forum? eg Colleen Altwood is on Art & Design forum but it only has 3 pages, I think itīs because no one knows itīs there.
Colleen Atwood.

We would like to keep costume designers in the Art & Design area so that people who are interested in design can find them.

The Sidewalk Cafť is intended as a sort of recreational area for topics that would otherwise have nowhere to go.

I hope that makes sense.

you soft and only

Would it be possible to change Harper's Bazaar - South East Asian Editions thread to "Harper's Bazaar Worldwide"?

Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Elle, etc. have their own worldwide topics, so I think it would only be fair if the Harper's Bazaar topic was expanded. I know there aren't as many HB editions, but it would be nice to see all of the editions together.

Last edited by blueorchid; 15-07-2012 at 01:33 AM.
15-07-2012
V.I.P.

^I don't see any reason why we wouldn't do that I think the reason it was named "South East Asian editions" was because all the other editions got their own thread, but now there are a few new ones from Arabian and Latin American countries, correct?

15-07-2012
you soft and only

^ Yep, and I believe they're also creating new editions in Europe such as Poland.

15-07-2012
V.I.P.

love the idea of changing the name to harper's bazaar worldwide! it would great to see them all together and it would be a lot easier to find where to put some of the countries editions haha.

V.I.P.

What's up with the Rumor Has It section? Is it being phased out? Honestly, I'm a little scared to post in there now because I don't need a warning. Is this all for legal reasons?

19-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
What's up with the Rumor Has It section? Is it being phased out? Honestly, I'm a little scared to post in there now because I don't need a warning. Is this all for legal reasons?
No. We just got rid of the open-ended threads. It will still function the same otherwise.

Your last comment in RHI was deleted as we do not allow unconfirmed pregnancy speculation, it's considered weight talk.

Hope that answered your question?

19-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
nope and nope.

we want to move away from the mega-threads and move into more topical newsworthy discussion.

don't worry, i'm sure that if lindsay lohan has a hit and run fatality i'm sure there will be a new thread on it!

some of our mega threads in RHI have been a bit duplicative and contained endless speculation. for example, do we really need 4 threads and over 8,000 posts on whether or not rob pattinson and kirsten stewart are dating?

we are a first and foremost a fashion forum and want to focus on that primarily.

V.I.P.

Ok, cool, thanks for answering!

21-07-2012
V.I.P.

Moving the discussion about academic resources to the Help Me Find a Thread by Topic. Where may I post this? thread.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, support, tapatalk, thread