How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

I don't get involved in their decisions (i'm not on the mod team for that forum) ... I just posted a link to your suggestion for them to review. I would say that if no action was taken within a couple of days that they must have decided against it.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

I would love to make a thread for members that are on goodreads.com . It's a site where you add books that you read at the moment. I have no friends on that site so I would love to have some from tfs, especially the ones that participate in the "The 50 Book Challenge " thread here on tfs. We already have facebook, tumblr etc threads, but do we have this one?

If we already don't have this thread, is it ok if I make one in "Heart&Soul" ?

07-11-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVogueLove View Post
I would love to make a thread for members that are on goodreads.com . It's a site where you add books that you read at the moment. I have no friends on that site so I would love to have some from tfs, especially the ones that participate in the "The 50 Book Challenge " thread here on tfs. We already have facebook, tumblr etc threads, but do we have this one?

If we already don't have this thread, is it ok if I make one in "Heart&Soul" ?
I just double checked for you, and was surprised to not see a thread for GoodReads as well.

So, absolutely, go for it!

01-02-2013
fashion icon

I was wondering if the fair trade fashion and eco/organic fashion's threads should be merged? It seems like a lot of the issues in both threads are correlated. And to be honest, with out fair trade you can't have organic clothes and vice versa.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I was wondering if the fair trade fashion and eco/organic fashion's threads should be merged? It seems like a lot of the issues in both threads are correlated. And to be honest, with out fair trade you can't have organic clothes and vice versa.
merging the threads might throw off continuity as both threads are pretty long at this point.

some people respond to other posts by using "^".

V.I.P.

Lucy ... If it makes sense to merge the topic ... do you think the we can close them both, then post links to a new, combined thread that covers all the entire topic .... using a few of the latest posts from both threads (whatever makes sense)? Then give it an all inclusive title .....

I'd be happy to do it ... if you agree that it makes more sense to combine them. I haven't read the threads yet, so I'll go on what you think.

01-02-2013
fashion icon

^I don't want it to turn into major trouble, so do whatever you think works best! It was just that sometimes I'm not sure which thread I should post because the subject matters tend to overlap.

Oh, that's probably my fault for boosting that other thread recently. Apologies. To me they are in fact 2 very different subject matters. That, yes, occasionally will overlap. But if people think one thread with a different subject title makes more sense I think it will be easy to merge.

02-02-2013
Soviet Camaro

I think fair trade and eco/organic, although they overlap, are really two different subjects. Fair trade is an economic issue and eco/organic is a manufacturing issue. Yes, they tend to go together.

If we are going to combine the topics, then I think it's best to use BetteT's idea of closing the existing threads and starting a new combined one. I don't think it will be good to merge the existing threads for the reason lucy92 stated.

V.I.P.

Yeah ... now that I look, I can see that they are different. I think we can leave them as they are. If they become too blurred togethyer ... we can do a new thread later.

Last edited by BetteT; 03-02-2013 at 04:58 PM.
22-03-2013
you soft and only

This isn't a big thing, but I was wondering if the title of this topic could be changed to maybe Vintage Vanity Fair Covers & Editorials, just so we can keep editorials from that magazine together like we do with certain Vogue editions, etc.?

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

Makes sense to me ... but then I'm not a Magazines mod so I don't know if there is a reason not to do that .... I'm not involved with the structure of the threads in that forum. I'll ask them to review this suggestion and see what they think.

25-03-2013
V.I.P.

With SC, for a while now it feels like people are 'power posting' but with thread-making. It's not really an issue which affects the forum directly, it's just annoying, but new threads from some members come across as robotic. Whoever has ever had a showcard, whoever has ever signed with an agency, has a thread made about them and usually without any real expression as to why.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 25-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.
25-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
With SC, for a while now it feels like people are 'power posting' but with thread-making. It's not really an issue which affects the forum directly, it's just annoying, but new threads from some members come across as robotic. Whoever has ever had a showcard, whoever has ever signed with an agency, has a thread made about them and usually without any real expression as to why.
We noticed, agreed, and are handling

20-06-2013
girl with the most cake

Suggestion: Magazines/Campaigns Directory
Hi, I would like to suggest something that would be very helpful for me and maybe some other members. I think it would be really nice if we have a magazine and campaign directory, were we can post links to their threads. That's a lot of work, but I can help, I'm already making some lists with magazines and I could send them to a moderator and he/she can add to the directory. I was thinking about making something like this:

Quote:
VOGUE PARIS

2012 02 - Daria Werbowy by Inez & Vinoodh
2012 03 - Natalia Vodianova by Mert & Marcus
2012 04 - Doutzen Kroes by David Sims
2012 05 - Laetitia Casta by Mario Testino
2012 06.07 - Gisele Bündchen by Inez & Vinoodh
2012 08 - Marion Cotillard by Mario Sorrenti
2012 09 - Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus; Daria Werbowy by Mert & Marcus; Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus (3 Covers)
2012 10 - Kate Moss & George Michael by Mario Testino
2012 11 - Daria Werbowy, Stephanie Seymour & Lauren Hutton by Inez & Vinoodh
2012 12.01 - Carla Bruni by Mert & Marcus

2013 02 - Milla Jovovich by Inez & Vinoodh
2013 03 - Suvi Koponen by Mert & Marcus
2013 04 - Isabeli Fontana by Mario Testino
2013 05 - Freja Beha Erichsen by Inez & Vinoodh
2013 06.07 - Andreea Diaconu by Mario Sorrenti
And the same for the most important magazines and campaigns. It's just a suggestion and I would love to help

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, support, tapatalk, thread