How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2014
backstage pass

I would like to ask whether there are (and in the case of a negative answer to propose there be ) any plans for supporting mobile forum reading/posting applications such as TapaTalk?

25-07-2014
V.I.P.

The ad company who owns us (management and the tech dept.) have talked a bit about that type of app a long time ago, if I remember correctly. Tangerine ... do you remember this?

They didn't share what they are doing about it, if anything. They own a ton of other sites, so they would probably do it all at once for all their sites, I would think. So you know, we are usually out of the loop on tech upgrades, until something actually happens, so we really don't know.

Last edited by BetteT; 25-07-2014 at 02:42 PM.
25-07-2014
Soviet Camaro

We last inquired about tapatalk support about nine months ago, and here's what the tech team had to say about it then:

Quote:
We have considered it several times but there’s always been issues with hours required to install/maintain it and cross device compatibility. It will continue to be considered.
I'll ask them if there's been any movement.

For me, tapatalk is decent, but I have encountered my share of problems with it as a user, so I understand where they're coming from.

Soviet Camaro

I received a response, and there are no plans to implement tapatalk here. Evolve has tried it on some of their other forums and had a number of issues including security and privacy vulnerabilities. Many of the forums that had installed it uninstalled it.

backstage pass

I understand, thank you for the information.

30-07-2014
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Thanks YoninahAliza, mod team agrees, and the thread has been moved
Sorry, I was away on holiday so I didn't see this till now... but thank you for making the switch!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucer-like View Post
This is from way back, but I was grateful that it was brought up. This kind of power-posting via thread-making has made a comeback recently.
Saucer, since I posted that in '13 I don't think it actually ever stopped.
And it's always the worst right before fashion week.

I love tFS, and have an overall pretty high post count myself, but sometimes you have to wonder if members who post excessively every day have time for other things. Maybe it is a bit obsessive-compulsive (in the loosest use of the term)..

Last edited by *Bianca*; 03-09-2014 at 05:18 PM.
03-09-2014
.my prison is your brain.

^ Unfortunately it's not just Supporting Cast now either, it's Behind The Lens...

Threads for every manicurist/hairstylist/etc.

Makes it harder to sort through the relevant threads. Which in turn leads to less discussion on the board. Which is why tFS continues to putter out every year. And will sadly probably just turn this place into nothing more than a massive photo archive without discussion.

But, unfortunately, it is not breaking any rules.

Annoying though, I agree.

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
^ Unfortunately it's not just Supporting Cast now either, it's Behind The Lens...

Threads for every manicurist/hairstylist/etc.

Makes it harder to sort through the relevant threads. Which in turn leads to less discussion on the board. Which is why tFS continues to putter out every year. And will sadly probably just turn this place into nothing more than a massive photo archive without discussion.

But, unfortunately, it is not breaking any rules.

Annoying though, I agree.
HeatherAnne, I agree totally with you. I'm not a long-time member, but when I started to check out the forum (c. 2008) and at the time I joined there was some discussion in the individual threads. TFS wasn't as much focused on models as it is now. Threads about designer's collections had more than one page. Now, very often, somebody makes a thread, posts the designer's whole collection, and then there are about 5 posts more with "discussion", and that's it.

I can admit to power-posting in SC forum, I'm guilty of that... only in threads of the models I really like and follow. Yet, sometimes I wonder if there's any sense of adding a few words from myself if no one replies or joins the discussion. Because that happened quite often before.

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

It was all about actual discussion, in the beginning.

But times have changed and with social media like twitter and instagram, it seems like so many people don't actually have the attention span any more to carry on a real discussion. It's a shame ....

And this is exactly why we added a forum a couple of years ago ... Fashion in Depth. It's sort of like a small, private club for the few members who still like to have a real discussion.

Last edited by BetteT; 10-09-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread