Suggestions thread - Page 22 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
12-01-2017
fashion elite

Would it be possible to somehow disable those persistent pop-up ads while in Preview Post comment mode?

My iPad is finicky enough without those ads popping up whenever I need to preview one of my long-whinded comments

On a related note I caught a typo in a comment Id just submitted but when I went to fix the error (within that narrow initial window of time), the freaking Pop-ad interfered and blocked me from editing my comment. Yeeesssh!

V.I.P.

I would love to do that for you. Unfortunately, we have no say in pop up ads ... or any other advertisements you find on tFS.

This site and dozens of others are owned by a very large and active media company that only purpose in life is to create and sell advertising packages. These pay the bills ... and they pretty much place ads wherever the client wants.

But ... if you cannot get rid of the pop up after a few moments, it could be a glitch in that particular ad. Go to this thread to report tech problems and provide the information we ask for in the first post. We can send that info to tech support to take a look and see if they can fix it. PopUp Ads and Other Advertisments: Tech Issues-Please Read Post #1 for Instructions

Last edited by BetteT; 12-01-2017 at 09:16 AM.
2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I was wondering, why the title of Fei Fei's thread never corrected. To the best of my knowledge, she has always been known personally and professionally as Fei Fei Sun. Anyways, I'm not really expecting anything to change but I've always been curious and just thought I'd ask. TIA.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

You may report it (the first post) and the "report" will go to the team in charge of that forum for their review & discussion. If they agree with you .... they can change it.

1 Week Ago
El Viaje Definitivo

noticed that the thread originally titled "helmut lang" now has a new title "helmut lang, 1988 to 1997", being moved from the designers and collections to the history of style: a remembrance of things past, and that the new title doesn't represent the content correctly.
strictly speaking, it covers from FW 1986 to FW 2004, from editorials, showroom pics to general articles, when it comes to helmut lang as a fashion designer.
it also contains information on his activities after the retirement, and takes questions as to all kinds of things around him.

to explain the process a bit, it had started as a general HL thread before we had the specific subforum for historical contents.

and maybe, has the "helmut lang FW 1996" thread gone with the above move ? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
if I remember rightly, the thread was born later contingently out of the flow of chaos various people create.
but any info and images in the FW 1996 thread are what we never get to see in the general thread. the thread is made of its own materials.
so, seems like no reason for the total deletion.

Let the stars decide

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Hi Runner - Most of the photos that were in the Helmut Lang 1996 thread have disappared - they were on third party hosting sites that went kaput unfortunately.
I have removed the dead link posts and moved it back here

what do you think the title of the combined Helmut Lang thread should be so it would better reflect the content?

El Viaje Definitivo

thanks lucy
probably the images Phuel posted in the HL 1996 thread were from firstview. so it is possible to recover them. I will do the recovery if I am given the limited permission to edit the first several posts of the thread. so that the information provided by Scott etc and the discussion based on the originally posted images can stay there.

tried thinking of a few such as album, cahier, etc. what do you think ? though I guess just "helmut lang" might be the best in terms of the representation of the simplicity or a certain kind of serenity around his work.

Let the stars decide
6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Members don't have the ability to edit others' posts however you can message me the image hosting codes and I'll be glad to edit them and restore the posts.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread