Suggestions thread - Page 23 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-11-2017
V.I.P.

Noted ... MP. As you know I was the one who moved that one thread (H&M Collaboration), since everyone was talking about buying the line and what they were interested in buying. It continued that way for a few pages and never got back on track (the actual collection and the designer).

I placed something like a 10 day redirect so those who were interested knew where it went ... and I was also trying to spice up Shop til you Drop by moving that there .. to attract some new people who might not have checked it out yet. That forum is much deader forum than D&C ... except for Runner and Softie who have their favorite brands.

I know you care and I know that you always have good ideas ... we'll discuss your concerns and see if the team want's to act on some of your suggestions.

Last edited by BetteT; 20-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.
20-11-2017
V.I.P.

Thank you, Bette. I didn't know it was you actually, I don't know if I didn't pay attention to the redirect or if the name of the mod simply doesn't show in non-mod status (think both).

I still very much care. I know some areas have always been slow and these days are kind of hopeless (like accessories), but there are still strong ones with the risk of heading there, like D&C, and I think they shouldn't be on the fast track for that.. if anything they should be maintained often so they look inviting.. instead of moderating its minimal action.

20-11-2017
V.I.P.

The name of the mod doesn't show in a redirect, you are correct. In this case I posted in the thread, explaining why I moved it. And the conversation went on ... over in STYD.

I'll run it by the team (not expecting to discuss this until next week ... Thanksgiving has a few mods out for a few days) .... to see if they think that shopping threads can stay in D&C ... instead of STYD. In fact, an idea would be to move all the shopping threads that are named for designers (not stores or retail web sites, I don't think) ... into D&C to keep it busier, when fashion week isn't in progress. But then we would loose pretty much all traffic in STYD ... so I guess it's just a matter of deciding which forum is more important to keep conversations going.

Re :RIP threads .... it was decided years ago by the team to place condolences in RHI. When someone famous dies, we found that members started posting only condolences ...nothing new or illuminating about the designer/celebrity/model or their work. Therefore, to keep the main D&C threads on topic (the collections the the career of the designer) as well as Star Style, Supporting Cast, Behind The Lens, we (the team) created RIP threads and started moving the condolences to these RIP threads, which are intended as a place for members to air their feelings and to keep the main threads on topic about the actual work.

I am thinking that the only way that a RIP type of thread would work in C&D (and elsewhere) is to make a rule that members post better content in these threads ... such as talking about their favorite collection, editorial or runway show during that designer's career ... rather than just saying things like "I'll miss him! RIP!". So, maybe we can invite members to start a "Remembering Joe Blow" thread and post those favorite things ... but directing them to the RIP thread if all they want to do is to post their condolences. What do you think?

Last edited by BetteT; 21-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread