How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2010
V.I.P.

MP ... thanks for mentioning that possibility ... tags. I had comepletely forgotten that it might be something they could add for us.

Good points, everyone. Let's bring that into the moderator discussions ... and see if it's something we can do, after the server switch and things settle down. I"m going to copy these posts there .... and we'll dicuss it with the whole team.

Last edited by BetteT; 22-02-2010 at 12:30 PM.

27-02-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
^I really like your idea of tags MP!

I went ahead & posted links to the review, editorials & features that were scanned for the March US Vogue. I'm familiar with this thread, so it didn't take me long.

But the thing is, it's really quite simple to do a search to find the information for yourself. Usually only one or two people scan the editorials from an issue & once the review is posted you can use that as your guide to search. For example: If Sasha has an editorial you can search Sasha or the photographers name & it should most always come up since the scanner will post at least the Model/Photographer name in the scanned post. Or, once you see who is scanning, then you can also search by that member's name using advanced search. This is exactly what I do when I want to locate scans within a thread.

As far as posting every single preview. IMO that would take too much time. Also, HQ's are quite subjective I think. What some people consider to be an HQ scan another might not.

Anyway... check out the first post that I updated Escale Cherie II & let me know what you think. I'm definitely open to discussing this further.

US Vogue March 2010
Yes that's exactly what I meant!
When I posted the suggestion I was under the assumption that mods go through every thread in those forums to see images are sourced, there's no inappropriate discussions, etc. And if they see a picture that has to do with the magazine, they'd click on the post number and it would open up a new window, then they'd see another, click on that post number, and the new window would be changed with the back button allowed to see the previous individual post. Then they'd add a link & title to each post to the first post to make a table of contents.
Does that make sense or is it too far-fetched?

02-05-2010
tfs star

Is there anything that could possibly be put into the rules, especially regarding the supporting cast section, about protecting models privacy regarding facebook/myspace etc photos? Another forum bellazon have recently introduced this rule and I think it'd be beneficial here:

Quote:
Private/Candid Materials & Images

If it is accessible to the general public, meaning ANYONE can find or view the material (this includes, but not limited to, text and images), then it is ok to post them However, if the material is private and cannot be viewable by the general public please refrain from posting them. For example, Facebook. If you find personal pictures on a Celebrity's or Model's Facebook page, and it is only viewable by those who are on this person's friends list, then it is not a good idea to post them elsewhere However, you are welcome to ask the owner of the material for permission to post them elsewhere. If they do not approve please respect their wishes.
Obviously we like pictures of our models but I think these should be limited to their work and publicly available pictures, then if the models choose to make them available that's their choice and people aren't stalking through facebook trying to find private images.

V.I.P.

We actually already have this request posted in our crediting rules:
Quote:
RE: Private pictures from Facebook, etc. - Please respect other people's privacy when you have access to anyone's "private" site (a site where you must be a "friend" before you can have access). Also consider the content of the images and if they seem private it might be best to refrain from sharing them on a public site like tFS. Pictures (private or otherwise) from any social network may be removed without any further explanation, at the moderator team's discretion.
And as I explained here, regarding the image that is concerning you, here's how we look at what we will delete and what we don't:
Quote:
As moderators, we are unable to tell if the Facebook account is marked private or not. Therefore, we only remove images that are clearly of a personal subject, at our discretion. In this case, it's a backstage picture while the model was at work and therefore, we would not remove something like this. If it were something like the model in a compromising personal situation with friends or family, we might opt to remove the image if we felt it was damaging or embarassing to the model.
In addition, if the model took this picture herself she is the legal copyright holder and may directly contact us or our legal department, under the rules outlined in our Terms & Conditions ... #8 DMCA (Digital Millenium Act of 1998), and provide a signed statement and identifying herself and the image would be removed. This is the law that covers all images posted in all forums that are based in the US ... so every copyright holder can exercise their legal rights.

Last edited by BetteT; 03-05-2010 at 12:33 AM.
03-05-2010
tfs star

So if the person has credited the wrong facebook account (which in this case they have - this also exposes the model's facebook account who has purposely changed her name to something else to avoid being found) and therefore the wrong person, surely that is against the crediting rules? This can be proved with the URL if need be.

V.I.P.

We cannot verify every credit posted here. We really have have no way of knowing if it's a correct credit or not, anyway. And we cannot verify the identity of any of our members or of facebook members.

Therefore, it has to be an honor system ... we can only ask our members to be truthfull and also to respect the subject's privacy. We cannot enforce it. If you read the blurb from Bellazon, it is only a request too ...
Quote:
If you find personal pictures on a Celebrity's or Model's Facebook page, and it is only viewable by those who are on this person's friends list, then it is not a good idea to post them elsewhere However, you are welcome to ask the owner of the material for permission to post them elsewhere. If they do not approve please respect their wishes.
If persons do not want to be found, they should never have any personal accounts anywhere .... because it's very easy to find and break into these accounts. Once it's on the net ... it really does become public even if it's viewable only by "friends".

Therefore, we stand by the law and will comply if contacted by her or her legal representive, but we do not get involved in privacy issues between models and their online "friends". That is her responsibility since she opened the facebook account.

Last edited by BetteT; 04-05-2010 at 04:34 PM.
07-05-2010
fashion elite

My favourite way to find pictures is through posters' beautiful avatars here. I often PM them and ask, "Can I see the full picture where your avatar came from?" Obviously though, this is very time consuming.

Do we have a thread, something like "Full Pictures from Avatars" where we can request anyone to help us find an original photo from a particular avatar?

The first poster could post the avatar they like, and any helpful poster could post the original picture (with proper sourcing of course.)

If we don't already have a thread like this, could/should we? What do you think?

07-05-2010
V.I.P.

Well, just for eveyone's edification: we do have 3 threads (Avatar Factory #1, #2 & #3) where members post original pics that they want turned into avatars ... and then other members do that for them. So ... the original is in those threads in a lot of cases ... thousands of them, in fact. But not all, because many people make their own avatars. Good luck in finding the member you want ... you could try a search of the thread by thier name, and if anyone called them by name, then it would pop up near where their original might be.

We also have the members list which shows all avatars, if a member has one ... but of course, it's not the orignals.

And we have a link to profile pics ... it's on the home page.

You are welcome to start a thread, here in Member Support and see if it gets some interest. Name it: "Avatars .... Help me Find the Original Picture". I'll ask the mod team if they think that this thread might work better in another forum (maybe Heart & Soul?) and if so, I'll move it and leave a redirect for a couple of days, so you know where it went.

07-05-2010
fashion elite

Thanks for all your help. I'll think about whether I'd like to start that thread. I definitely would, but I also would like to consider if I could come back to it frequent enough to check on its interest.

08-05-2010
V.I.P.

There was a change in the Celeb caught wearing the same thing thread where you had to explain a little about why you like a certain outfit. Can the same be done in the Last movie you saw thread?

V.I.P.

I'll mention your suggestion to the Entertainment Forum mods and see if they think it's something they would like to do.

08-05-2010
V.I.P.

^ Thank you BetteT I appreciate that. It just would be cool to hear feedback from fellow TFS-ers.

V.I.P.

I think having TFS on your Iphone or Blackberry would be a great idea, but i can understand it would be very difficult to do so. It was just my suggestion

09-05-2010
V.I.P.

I think they do ... there's a link to info somewhere on the main page ... if I remember correctly. Something like that ... unless I'm thinking of Facebook. I don't remember, to be honest .. I don't follow anything except these forums .. .they take the majority of my free time.

It's definitely something that is up to the company that owns us. and the editor they have on staff. Not something that the mods get involved with.

Last edited by BetteT; 09-05-2010 at 03:13 PM.
09-05-2010
V.I.P.

Here's what I must be thinking about:

http://www.facebook.com/TheFashionSpot
http://twitter.com/fashion_spot
http://thefashionspot.tumblr.com/

None of these have anything to do with the forums ... it's just hype and to make our presence known in cyberspace ... and to draw viewers to our home page articles.

Last edited by BetteT; 12-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, support, tapatalk, thread