How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
I've noticed the supporting cast is divided into femmes and hommes (That's a great idea btw) and was wondering if the Admins have thought about doing that for star style? I think it would nice to just be able to browse celeb men fashion without trying to come up with specific names. Female celebrities are always at the top of threads and sometime unless you know specific male people they get a little lost imo.
Noted ... and maybe something for the future. But for now ... no.

SC is about models ... and since they are part of the fashion biz, they take up a lot more space on tFS ... so we needed to spread it out more.

Star Style is supposed to be about the clothes that celebs wear, thier style on the Red Carpet and in fashion magazines, for the most part. So, if the male star has appeared on the red carpet or in a fashion magazine recently and members like or dislike what they wore, then the thread will pop to the top and you can find them easily. If any celebrity does not have any current fashion action going on ... then they'll remain futher back untill something changes.

Remember ... tFS is a forum about fashion .... it's not a fan site, and therfore is not equal opportunity for fans.

Last edited by BetteT; 16-07-2011 at 05:56 PM.

21-07-2011
fashion elite

I really don't like the 10 minute editing time. With slow connections, TFS being overloaded and slow (not that it's your fault), it's just way, way, way too short. I'll say something in the heat of the moment, go back to edit it, and then of course I can't. Now I have a warning because of this. I know that it's my fault -- I said it -- but it's like, people can't make mistakes. You can't give something a second thought, really.

Last edited by mint condish; 21-07-2011 at 10:15 PM.
22-07-2011
Soviet Camaro

We would like members to think twice before posting, not after. "Measure twice, cut once."

backstage pass

I think that all members should have the priviledge of starting discussion. I started new discussions/threads few days ago, but they're not working now. Is it that I have to be a member for a certain period of time to be able to start a discussion?
Posted via Mobile Device

22-07-2011
V.I.P.

Any member may start a discussion.

If you have had threads removed, you should ask any moderator to investigate the reason in a Private Message and they will be happy to clear it up for you.

After you are around for a while, you should get a better feel for the way tFS works, which is probably different from any other forum you have posted in before.

So you know, our mission is to be a discussion forum about fashion and we want to keep the discussions up to a certain standard.
  • We are not a fan site like Bellazon, etc., so we strongly discourage fan type threads and obssesive fan talk about every tiny detail about models' and clelebrites' lives, etc.
  • We remove comparison or hate threads or anything that is likely to lead to arguments.
  • We instruct members to search first to make sure there is not already a thread that covers the topic.
  • We expect our members to be knowledgeable enough about a subject before they start a thread, so that they can bring some new facts to the table.
  • We want something substantial, not a frivolous topic. We want topics which will stimulate interesting and positive discussions ... about fashion and style, primarily.
  • If you are not sure if a thread is substantial enough or is an appropriate topic for tFS, before you post just PM any moderator in that forum and they will advise you.

Last edited by BetteT; 22-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.
24-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
01-04-2011 - April 2011

Originally Posted by BetteT
We are under new management since about 20 months ago ... so there is a possibility that it has changed since then. They kept premium accounts because we said a lot of our members wanted them ... but I don't think that they actually are paying any attention to them (it's not their main source of income, advertising is).

mint condish;8945047]If this is so I wonder if the new management would ever consider letting everyone do the full sized avatar, then, free of charge?

tangerine;8947345] Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it along.
Was this actually passed along?

Any news?

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

I have not heard any news and no news from them usually means no ... so probably they didn't want to do that for some reason.

02-08-2011
Power to the 99%

It would be great if we could comment as logged-on tFS users in all areas of tFS. What more important identity could there be?

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't understand your suggestion, ta-ta. Cna you explain in more detail, please?

03-08-2011
Power to the 99%

^ Sure, here's an example ... in the Buzz area, you can comment using Facebook, Yahoo, AOL, or Hotmail ... but not your tFS identity.
Attached Images
File Type: png tfs example.png (16.9 KB, 8 views)

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Will you please consider leaving the Reply with Quote function on the closed threads, thank you.

04-08-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Will you please consider leaving the Reply with Quote function on the closed threads, thank you.
Since it is not possible to post a reply in a closed thread, what would be the reason for doing this?

You can always copy and paste a post; it will automatically include a link back to the original. Would that accomplish your objective?

V.I.P.

^ To reply in the new thread and have a link back to the original post and the discussion around it, and it also allows you to also get codes for images and videos. But if it is not doable, the copy and paste option an OK alternative, and as you said there is a link back feature there as well. Thanks.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ Sure, here's an example ... in the Buzz area, you can comment using Facebook, Yahoo, AOL, or Hotmail ... but not your tFS identity.
Oh, I see what you mean.

That is because when you make comments on Facebook ... it has to identify you under your Facebook name. If you use the same name in both places ... then it would identify you. But if you don't, we can't impose our names on the Facebook (or Yahoo, etc.) systems ... it's up to the poster to provide their user names, if they wish.

But ... I will mention it to them and see if there is a way to ask for their tFS User names, so that we might get it from time to time. Not sure if that can be done or not.

06-08-2011
Looking Up

Is it possible to do something about overtly large photos? I won't deny doing this myself but I certainly try my best to post an image so it's of a suitable size, otherwise resize it.

It's becoming irritating browsing through threads with giant photos. It slows down my computer and it wastes bandwidth and broadband. Resizing or providing thumbnail links is so easy, yet members keep posting huge photos. Especially from JustJared.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread