How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2013
backstage pass

Tapatalk Support?
Since I've got no results from search engine so I guess it is appropriate to open a thread like this.

I wonder when tFS will support tapatalk( or apps of this kind) so as to facilitate effective browsing on mobile.... Because as of now, using mobile browsers is still quite troublesome and unstable at times.

I know that registration for tapatalk is not difficult and they support different types of community systems.

Sorry if I post in the wrong thread but I really would appreciate any help or feedback from moderators.

26-10-2013
V.I.P.

I actually have no idea ... don't know what this is. And, I'm not sure what you mean ... are you saying that you cannot use our "search" to browse our forums?

I do know that we have a mobile mode ... and that your mobile device should trigger it automatically ... my iPhone does. You may access this, if your device doesn't sense I,t by clicking on one of two drop down menus ... at the very bottom of this page or near the top, on the right hand side next to "Log Out" and choose the Mobile mode. It doesn't say what it's for ... but the window should say either tFS Default or tFS Retro, when you are on a regular lap top. Not sure if that is what you are talking about ... but if it is ... that is what they set up for us.

If this is a free thing for a forum ... it likely comes with ads. And since we are owned by a major online advertising and marketing company who owns numerous forums where our advertisers have their own ads and promotions and they interconnect with all of those forums already via various methods ... most likely they won't want to to add something that might compete. And security is always a major issue with them, too ... so I'm just sayin .... not likely something they would be interested in doing.

Last edited by BetteT; 26-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
26-10-2013
backstage pass

Thanks for reply BetteT. Tapatalk is a mobile community app which enables users to browse Internet forum more easily. Now that you mentioned tFS was owned by another company, things may get a bit complicated. Anyway, thanks for response and I am looking forward to a mobile app for the forum

01-11-2013
Soviet Camaro

I followed up on this with the tech group; it is something they have considered, but at the moment they don't have the staff to install and maintain it, and they have also had issues with cross-device compatibility. However, they tell me that they will continue to consider it for a possible future feature. Thanks for the suggestion!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
support, tapatalk