How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-04-2008
fashion elite

Yeah I really dont like the new layout, it looks really messy and unorganized with excessive information that not everyone needs at their finger-tips at one given time.

01-04-2008
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmefashion View Post
I'm not really fussy on how I can't see if I have any new pm's while I'm in other threads...

Like how it used to show the last time you logged in, total pms, and Welcome (username) !

now it's only on the Use CP page
I can still see that on every page, although the location varies depending on where you're at on tFS exactly. For example, if you're looking at a thread you'll find it on the right corner of the page, directly above the "Quick Links" box.

01-04-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I can still see that on every page, although the location varies depending on where you're at on tFS exactly. For example, if you're looking at a thread you'll find it on the right corner of the page, directly above the "Quick Links" box.
nevermind..

just spotted the box..

i thought you meant the link on top

01-04-2008
tfs star

The box at the top just seems really out of place..it makes the whole page seem lopsided

01-04-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i like the new layout, but some things seem a little out of place.

01-04-2008
front row

I think the homepage looks really good, everything balances out the ads at the top, and it's appealing, but I think the "Latest Threads" etc and ads isn't necessary on the thread pages themselves.
I'm going to echo everyone who mentioned that it's taking longer to load. Most pages already took long to load if they were picture-heavy, and this thread is already taking quite some time to load; not to mention that I usually have lots of tabs open. I just think that the top of the page could be trimmed down and ads could be put on the side or something.

Other than that, I think it looks pretty good! (Although some more color would be nice other than just grey, I think it is a good background when you're looking at lots of pictures on a thread page!)

01-04-2008
botanizing on the asphalt

Still getting used to the layout, but I just wanted to say that I really love the articles. So cool for tfs to have that kind of original content.

amazing work, everyone, thank you.

01-04-2008
chaos reigns

Hey .. wanted to congratulate everyone on the AMAZING job done in this page ... there have been previous revamps but nothing as drastic/cool as this .. I love it ...!!!

Esp the videos! The problem is that they dont load properly and when you log in the page still appears like you havent logged -but you have-

The articles are amazing .... who does them???

Though I have a big problem with Altamira NY Street style ... the pics and the looks picked are horrendous! I seriously think its a BIG miss

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

I don't like change
but I would be the first one to admit that I am a baby that way

I missed the touch of colour that was it the top before and I dislike the ads that take up most of the page!!

But all in all.................I tfs!!!

01-04-2008
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
The articles are amazing .... who does them???
I think all the writers are members...mine's "I Shop Therefore I Am"...and I think others mentioned theirs earlier in the thread...

01-04-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
When I open a new page, it takes about 12 seconds to load before I can proceed down below the ads...Very annoying- to the point of not wanting to view another page...I don't know if other people are having this situation, but this will be a major deterrent to me doing things here....
It is taking longer, and I don't like it either

Last edited by smith1016; 01-04-2008 at 08:12 PM.

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrme View Post
yes the ads are sooo annoying!!
but thats what makes it go right.
anyways
with this new layout can i start getting subscriptions back in my email? ive been trying to get a response to this for about a month now....
can anyone help? Mod leaders? regarding my subscriptions?

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post

thanks for clearing this up.. so when i invite people do i get given a code to give them ??

sorry off topic haha im confused .. doesnt take alot lol

If you invite a friend through the system, the will be given a link to register that is sort of "pre-coded". It's been that way for a couple of years now .. no change.

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrme View Post
can anyone help? Mod leaders? regarding my subscriptions?
Have you sent a ticket to the help desk ... via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page? Someone will look at your account.

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kora View Post
Over all it's not bad, change is always good! I don't like the unneccesary "front page" the articles are a bit useless,just creates another step to get into the forum page. When I want a Forum, I want a forum to chat, post and read info when I want a fashion magazine I'll go to style.com, or wwd.com. Right now this is turning into a "fashion magazine" type of a site, and the forum is being pushed away to the back burner
Just bookmark the forums page and you won't have to go through the Home page if you don't want. That is what I've done from day one.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acquired, discussion, tfs