How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-09-2008
Confused & Bewildered

With all the counterfeits, fakes, lawsuits and the way eBay is attacking it's sellers, WHY is there an eBay listings feed over there >>>> ?

That should be one thing totally banned from this site if the new owners have any integrity.

12-09-2008
V.I.P.

I have no problem with the ebay thread. It lets tfers share their listings and I've never seen any fakes there. your much more likely to get something real looking on that thread than just through an ebay search. And there are lots of great vintage items not for sale by tfers that i know I'd never find in my searches.

12-09-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
I have no problem with the ebay thread. It lets tfers share their listings and I've never seen any fakes there. your much more likely to get something real looking on that thread than just through an ebay search. And there are lots of great vintage items not for sale by tfers that i know I'd never find in my searches.
Hi Guessgirl96... Echoes was posting that she didn't approve of the eBay ad listings feed that is showing on the right side of the home page... for those who haven't blocked ads that is.

13-09-2008
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Hi Guessgirl96... Echoes was posting that she didn't approve of the eBay ad listings feed that is showing on the right side of the home page... for those who haven't blocked ads that is.

MMA, it's done in a way that you can't completely block it. You can block the images and headers, but not the text.

The bigger question is, does tFS want to get caught up in the lawsuits from designers' legal teams for promoting a site well known for listing counterfeit items?

13-09-2008
V.I.P.

Echoes .... AtomicOnLine (our owner) has a whole legal department staffed with lawyers just for things like this. They probably already know about it and have the proper legal protections in place ... but I'll pass it along. If you see no action ... it's because they know what they are doing and have made a coporate decision to do this. It's out of our hands.

18-09-2008
DŌMMkammern

maybe it's been mentioned but i've just seen an advertisment about weight loss and i was wondering if it is ok that a comunity where we are not supposed to discuss such matters should have things like that. i thought i'd mention it here, but i am not quite sure if it's the right place to do so... if it isnt just move this, or erase it...
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (57.3 KB, 2 views)

18-09-2008
The future is stupid

^Other people have mentioned about the weight loss ads also. Here was BetteT's response to that.

Quote:
I know ... about the weight loss ads and have suggested that they be removed. I have no idea what the company can or will do about that.

Those rules about weight talk we instituted by the mods for a whole collection of serious reasons, long before this company bought us. And we intend to keep that rule ... in spite of the ads.
I know it is a contradiction but the company makes money off advertising so I doubt they will be removed. The same goes for political ads... since political discussion isn't allowed either.

19-09-2008
fashion icon

Has this website been bought by Barack Obama, just like he's trying to buy his way into the White House?????
It's pretty lame to log into a fashion website, only to see that it contains political advertisements.

20-09-2008
DŌMMkammern

^^have you not read the post right before yours? the "since political discussion isn't allowed either." part?? there was really no need there to state your opinion on what mr obama is or is not doing...

thanks for the reply MissMagAddict i understand you guys really cant do much about it... we'll do like we havent seen those

02-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Q: Who are the new owner's?
A: They have chose to keep things on the down low right now for strategic reasons. I am sure they will introduce themselves soon. I can say that they have a lot of web experience and industry connections and the future is bright for tFS.
Well, I have a lot of fashion industry connections as well but I don't know who the owners of tFS are. Perhaps I have missed something?

PK

02-01-2009
V.I.P.

Well, they have not formally introduced themselves, since they are not involved with the administration of this forum .. they have left it all up to the Moderator Team for the most part (we think that's good). But there's a clue ... in the Terms & Conditions, if you read the address for notifying legal.

ETA: They are not in the "fashion" biz, at all.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acquired, discussion, tfs