How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2008
tfs star

tFS has been Acquired Discussion
This thread is for discussing the recent announcement that tFS has been acquired (since the announcement forum does not allow members to post).

Here is a copy of the announcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
I'm very happy to announce that TheFashionSpot.com has been acquired by a group of individuals with veteran web experience and deep industry connections.

Thanks to this acquisition, TheFashionSpot.com will be receiving the attention needed to take it to the next level. This is a great opportunity to build a deeper community within The Spot and I’m excited to see where things go.

If you have any questions, please post them here in this thread. I’ve put together a FAQ section with more information about the recent investment in TheFashionSpot.com below. Please follow up with any questions you might have. I'd like to hear any ideas you might have on how to better serve The FashionSpot community.

Regards,

Andy

----------------------------

FAQ’s

Q: Will TheFashionSpot.com become part of another site?
A: Fashion Spot will remain a separate, thriving site and continue to expand its content, community and traffic.

Q: What changes can we expect to see on TheFashionSpot.com?
A: More editorial content, videos, tools and bigger and faster servers. We also have a lot of interesting ideas on how to improve the site that will roll out as they take place.

The forums will stay the same community that you know and love. Now we’ll finally be able to implement many of the ideas that I have wanted to see come to fruition.

Q: How will all this help TheFashionSpot.com?
A: The main benefit will be having more technology resources behind the community. More technology resources will mean faster bug-fixes, quicker turnaround on site changes and more frequent updates for everyone to stay in touch faster.

Q: Will my TheFashionSpot.com log-in or password change?
A: No, you will still have the same login-in and passwords to access TheFashionSpot.com; everything is staying as it was.

Q: Is Andy still going to be involved with TheFashionSpot.com?
A: Yes, but to a lesser extent. Hanne and Bette will work as liasons between the Mod Team and new owners. The Mod Team Leaders management of the forums, keeping the community united, will remain the same.
Please post any question you have to this thread.

Last edited by Andy R; 06-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

I can wait to see the changes Thanks TFS team for always try to improve the site that we most love !

06-02-2008
jedinečnej krásy

will this forum eventually require membership fees?

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

what do you mean by videos?
some by tFS or youtube etc?

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

Andy, will this go Public?

... Congratulations on the acquisition.

06-02-2008
trendsetter

Will tFS have open registrations in the near future??

06-02-2008
breakfast time

Congratulations to the new owners!

I'm curious to see what will happen now.

06-02-2008
windowshopping

I'm curious to see how this will play out, as well! Thank you for the update!

06-02-2008
trendsetter

This makes me nervous, to be honest.

I have always hated things like internet forums, chat rooms, etc.

But I fell in love with TFS a few years ago due to its tight-knit community of people who are knowledgeable and can talk seriously about fashion with maturity and an open-mind. Other "similar" sites are completely unstructured, and while I hate censorship, TFS successfully regulate the irrelevant content.

I know I'm hearing how "nothing will change" except for "faster technology," but we're not talking about a new server here, but a whole new management. And we all remember what happened to Helmut Lang after Prada acquired it.

I am not saying that the reasons for this aren't understandable. I just simply love this community the way it already it.

06-02-2008
rising star

how funny I was just thinking about all this the other day and if there would ever be upgrades to the site... but with that being said will we eventually have to pay?

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

I have been feeling for a while that tFS was getting too successful to stay stagnant- so I hope it all works out for everyone! Speaking for myself, it has become a very important part of my life and the friends I've made here are among the nicest and most interesting people I've ever found anywhere- so I trust the powers that be in the days to come will respect the importance of our community and make any changes with a sensitivity to the wonderful people who have made it the success it has become!

06-02-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

I definately understand people's concerns about maintaining a tight knit community and I think tfs is very very fortunate in that we've always had people who owned and managed tfs who truly cared about member's desires to keep this community close knit. I think I am probably one of the oldest members who still posts on a very regular basis and I've seen tfs through two different owners and I can honestly say it's only grown in positive ways. Every owner we've had has understood that tfs is built upon it's members and I know that this will only mean positive development. Andy has been a great owner and this multimedia content I believe will bring tfs up to compete with any other website out there, from IQONS to Facebook. TFS's future is very bright

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

Congratulations to the new owners and it's great to see that there will be more benefits for the community.

06-02-2008
V.I.P.

Owners? What? Is this some sort of professional website? Who built it?

I thought it was a fun website that everyone chatted on. I didn't think it was some sort of Facebook or Myspace.

Hopefully it'll still remain a close-knit community. New managements are always worrisome.

But satisfaction brought it back

06-02-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

Bear, a previous owner, built it. Yes of course it is owned! And thats no negative thing! Who do you think pays for all the servers? Designs the interface? Pays for the hosting? That all comes out of Andy R's pocket.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acquired, discussion, tfs