How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2009
nervous like a knivefight

TFS IRC Channel?
Hey Guys!

As I have recognized many big communities own an IRC channel.

For those who don't know what IRC is - here is a detailed clarification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

I think it would be very nice to set up such a channel for thefashionspot 'cause it would allow communcation between the members in realtime.
(Yes, I know there are different timezones and I also know that not everytime there will be members online - but it's at least worth a try I think)

First of all, I would like to ask you who would be interested in gerneral to join the channel? (you don't have to come everyday or so ... just when you feel like it)

Please let me know!

13-04-2009
The future is stupid

We used to have chat here... but they got rid of it a few years ago. I'm not exactly sure why. It never interested me that much.

13-04-2009
V.I.P.

It might not be feasable ... we are no longer owned by one person who can work with you, if he liked the idea. You are now dealing with a large corporation. We are owned by a big, internet media company and they will handle it like any business request and will want to know how it will benefit them. There might even be licensing fees if they grant you use of the name "the Fashion Spot"...just a warning about big companies.

You will have to contact the company that owns us, if you wish to use the Fashion Spot name and/or if you wish to promote this here, at the Fashion Spot in any way. You may send a detailed proposal to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and they will probably run it by the legal department and then let you know.

However, if you don't use the name "the Fashion Spot" ... and you just invite your friends from here, I don't see a problem with that. But we don't allow anyone to promote blogs or websites here in posts ... so you'd have to find another way to build your members. I can't think of a good way to do this and still be within the rules ... unless you get it cleared by management.

Last edited by BetteT; 13-04-2009 at 04:07 PM.
14-04-2009
nervous like a knivefight

thank you for information

I think thats too difficult *g* - so it's a better way to communicate with the members here with tools like ICQ, MSN ...

Last edited by Baxxxton; 14-04-2009 at 01:12 AM.
14-04-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

Yes, we used to have chat but got rid of it because I think it kept crashing, and it just never got fixed.

14-04-2009
V.I.P.

I do know that a lot of our members communicate that way ... outside of tFS ... and it seems to work fairly well for them. And for anyone who wants to participate, all they have to do is add it to their profile in their UserCP. You can see their icons right under thier avatars (like your ICQ and Yahoo) which makes it easy.

14-04-2009
The future is stupid

There's also a thread in the Heart & Soul forum... Looking to make friends on tFS where you can add your MSN, etc. for chatting.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
channel, irc, tfs