How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-01-2010
fashion icon

^ LOL yeah that's the only problem. But I use gmail, which is less of a hassle, cause multiple updates from one thread appear under one email tab. So it's easier to keep track.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

I really don't understand all these new updates or whatever. I'm really bad at understanding all these 'tech' issues.
All I know is.. I want the 'Members viewing forums' back..

15-01-2010
tfs star

I'll switch to email updates

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

It's just started to play up for me again, as in the updating of the threads.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

^^ Same here.
The troubles of this forum keep on continuing.

15-01-2010
tfs star

email notification is not very useful for keeping up.
It needs to have links to actual posts

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

Right now i am utterly confused as to how the forums is working. I don't have any threads in my User CP showing up at all, the threads that have been posted in recently are not listed as unread on the forum board and when i open them i see there have been posts within the last five minutes (i.e. the latest US Vogue thread).

I understand that who is viewing the thread will not be shown and i really do not have a problem with that, but i'm just hoping to get things back to a happy medium where the changes made won't pull members completely out of their comfort zone of browsing forums easily.

Last edited by Mchunu; 15-01-2010 at 08:20 AM.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

Same here!^ First when I logged in I had many threads in my User CP, but when I commented in some thread and went back to user cp, there was nothing Also I cant see any threads in New Posts.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

Seems like everything here is pretty much a mess again

15-01-2010
thunder perfect mind

^ yeah..

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

^^indeed its so frustrating, i love this forum to bits but there issues make it really annoying for someone as impatient as me

15-01-2010
tfs star

It will definitely take some time to get used to all this. It's a bit annoying that we can't get to 'my first unread post' in a thread and I think many people won't see loads of posts, especially during fashion week when most models' threads are moving really fast. But I also understand why you did this and we just have to deal with it basically.

I just made a list of all the model threads I visit and also put down the last page I visited, so the next time I know on which page I should start to read all the new posts. It will take some more time, but I won't miss things that way.

15-01-2010
backstage pass

If this is the only way for the site to function, then I guess we'll all have to get used to it, but I have to agree that this change is incredibly inconvenient and frustrating. I don't see the function in a forum that's going to be a job for its readers to keep up with. I have like sixty subscribed threads, all of which I DO read, but not all of them every single time I log in because there might be twenty or thirty threads newly updated at any given time I check. Now it's going to be near-impossible to keep up. I understand why this was done and, great, the site's going to be faster for us users now, but at the expense of having to spend three times the time trying to figure out where the last post in a thread we looked at was. Fashion Week's going to be impossible, I can already tell that I'll be using LJ comms to keep up in lieu of this new system. And, jeez, I see the dozens of picture reposts on the horizon in threads everywhere.

15-01-2010
Confused & Bewildered

I still believe most of the load issues are due to overly large images being posted, even if hotlinked from other webpages. I've seen images lately in the 600Kb, 700Kb and larger range, some over 1Mb. There is no reason at all for that. It's very easy to do thumbnails and link to the larger images. One or two posters lately have been doing it, sometime 20 or 30 large images on a single page. That puts an enormous load on every server along the path between the originating website all the way to the end viewer. If 20 people are viwing the same thread, the load is magnified.

I've reported several of the overly large images. I don't know if they were pulled or not, but I know the poster(s) are still posting them.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

I hate all this changes, will it be back to old type again?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, post, properly, read, tfs, working