How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2010
fashion insider

Tinypic no longer available for international users (outside US)
Quote:
Tinypic is no longer accepting uploads from international locations, and links are turned off. If you have content on Tinypic, you can still view the URLs and the content, but only on Tinypic. To upload, share, or link content, please go to Photobucket.com to register an account. You will need to upload your content again to your Photobucket account, but you will be able to share and link your images and videos. We're sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you enjoy Photobucket, our premier image and video site

http://www.tinypic.com/

I wanted to post this here since there are members that use Tinypic as their favorite image host, but TFS is used by many other people around the world and we would not be able to see those photos all members kindly share in the threads here.

So maybe mods could add tinypic to the list of imagehosts not allowed in TFS?

23-09-2010
V.I.P.

^ Thank you for posting and bring this to attention.

THIS SUCKS. Tinypic was perfect for one off non HQ pics.

I hate photobucket. I have 3 accounts with them and the links always run out after awhile. And also when you see pics on other sites and use those links people get sh*tty at you for using their links which is stupid cause that's the point of uploading pics.

I'm gonna try and find a similar site to Tinypic. There has to be one.

23-09-2010
oh! darling

Imageshack.us is the last resort I have. You just get to choose the size you want to upload it in. At least, I think that's how it works.

V.I.P.

I'm so ANGRY about now!
I posted like 1200 pics on tinypic,which was definitely the BEST and fastest upload site out there,and they are ALL GONE
I also hate photobucket so right now I'm using imgur.com it's pretty easy and fast and there's also an add-on for firefox that allows you to upload the picture istantly with a simple right click on it...it's awesome!

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Imageshack.us is the last resort I have. You just get to choose the size you want to upload it in. At least, I think that's how it works.
I've been using imageshack for a long time and it's the best that works for me.

You don't have to choose the size though, it's an option available if you want to resize the image and you can choose the thumbnail to have or not a little text with the size (in kb) of the photos, but other than that you just choose the photo and click to upload.

23-09-2010
fashion insider

I don't even use tinypic (well, if you consider that I view the pictures that people post on tinypic then I DO use it) and this makes me so angry!

Why would they block non-US IPs from uploading and viewing their pictures? This is the internet, there are people from all around the world online! It's just ridiculously small-minded and absurd

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
I also hate photobucket so right now I'm using imgur.com it's pretty easy and fast and there's also an add-on for firefox that allows you to upload the picture istantly with a simple right click on it...it's awesome!
Thanks for posting this site. I'm on firefox so I'll check it out.

Damn you tinypic controllers

23-09-2010
fashion elite

This is crazy, really crazy... damn

V.I.P.

Canada, Australia, and the UK can still use it apparently.

V.I.P.

I got the same message yesterday, but it works fine now

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

Yay it's working. They must have been ripped a new one by their users.

Quote:
We heard from many of our users in regards to these changes and we appreciate your feedback. Tinypic has restored linking to your images and enabled uploading. Please rest assured no content was removed from the site. We tried to notify users on Tinypic and requested they move their content to Photobucket. Unfortunately this messaging was insufficient and has taken many of our users by surprise and we apologize. Our intent was to begin combining some of the best features of Tinypic and Photobucket, thereby offering users a better experience. Any changes in the future will be better communicated. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
international, longer, tinypic, users