How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2011
V.I.P.

it's verging on ridiculous now. that DS ad needs to go.

07-11-2011
trendsetter

Yes, it sets a new low.

07-11-2011
front row

I agree. Am really put-off by the Nintendo ad. The Elizabeth Arden and vodafone ones were bad enough, but could be avoided. But this is unavoidable and really frustrating!

08-11-2011
Soviet Camaro

If one of you could post a screen shot of the DS ad, I will bring it to admin's attention. They require a screen shot. Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

V.I.P.

Here you go

http://i.imgur.com/JgR3S.jpg

then when click on the close button, it still stays on the screen

http://i.imgur.com/RG0aX.png

Soviet Camaro

Thank you, I have forwarded this information to admin. I hope it is resolved soon.

Soviet Camaro

It is possible to close the Nintendo ad:

Quote:
the user can close the ad by clicking on the arrow shown on the second screenshot.
Please let us know if this does not help the issue.

trendsetter

I don't get the DS ad anymore but when I did clicking on the arrow you mention did not work. It minimized it briefly and then it started up again.

Thanks for looking into it tangerine.

10-11-2011
Soviet Camaro

The good news is that the ads are short-lived. However, please continue to report those that are excessively intrusive and we will continue to try to resolve the issues as they occur.

Glad we are done with that one.

V.I.P.

Moderator's Note:

Please follow instructions found in Post #1 of this thread, if the ad has a glich or technical problem, preventing your from accessing tFS. You must post a screen shot there and idenitify your location (city, state, country) so that it can be referred to tech support.
Quote:

If you are having a technical problem ... the ad freezes your computer or you are unable to access tFS as a result of a popup, go here to report them. Please read post #1 in that thread for instructions before posting.

This is a general gripe thread to register your comments if you are just irritated by specific ads.

Some tips to reduce the frustration of annoying ads:
  • I've learned to veer away from green, underlined words and banners and ads in and around the threads ... that helps some. Don't roll over them.
  • I have a very effective pop up blocker. Install one and turn it on.
  • And most ads disappear in a couple of weeks to a month, depending on their contract, so sometimes you just have to wait it out.
  • There is also a duplicate nav bar at the bottom of each page, and those are always accessible, so if you get stuck, just scroll down and use that one.
  • Please report any technical gliches like ads obscuring the forums, etc. (please provide links and a screen shot of the ad in question) here: tFS Popups and Advertisements: Tech Issues .... Please Read Post #1 for Instructions We will bring any gliches like those to the attention of the site manager at the company who owns all these forums to ask to get some tech support people on it.

Last edited by BetteT; 30-11-2011 at 12:48 PM.
15-01-2012
fashion elite

Some of the advertisements on the site recently are very annoying. A few months ago these ads used to occur once in a blue moon. Now once one intrusive ad disappears another equally annoying one takes its place immediately.

The Pantene ad will continuously pop even though I exit out of it. Every time I scroll down it shows up again, and then it blocks me from accessing certain parts of the forum through forum jump option.

Just now I hard a lovely experience with a Quattro shaver ad that blocked my entire view of the Golden Globes thread. Every time I clicked to exit it, it immediately popped up again. It wasn't until I made the movement to create a screen shot that suddenly the ad went away.

I understand that TFS gains money from these advertisements, but they put off possible consumers when they block information on the site.

I also remember that when I signed up to TFS several years ago that one of the benefits was that advertisements would not interrupt threads.

16-01-2012
Soviet Camaro

If you would like to provide screen captures of the ads, then I will forward them to admin. They are open to removing ads that are not performing correctly and it sounds like these aren't. But the first thing they always ask for are screen shots. Sorry for the trouble.

V.I.P.

If you decide to do that, please report all technical issues with ads here, in the thread pinned at the top of this forum: : Popups and Advertisements:tech issues with them. Please Read Post #1 for Instructions

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

I will post that screenshot in the other thread so tech support can see it.
Popups and Advertisements:tech issues with them. Please Read Post #1 for Instructions

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

Moderators' Note:

Per the instructions in this thread (Post #1), this is not the place to report tech gliches or to post screen caps. Please post this in the other thread for reporting technical gliches ... pinned near the top. Read the instructions there ... in Post #1.

ETA:

This means that we are no longer going to respond to tech support requests in this thread .... nor are we going to do the extra steps of moving them to the right thread and leaving behind a redirect. Going forward, off topic posts will just be deleted but a PM sent referring them to Post #1 of this thread, so the member knows where to post the request for tech support.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, advertisements or, note, popups, post, support, tech, venting or gripes