How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

Reported, Boomer. We'll have to stuggle through the weekend however ... but I think they will get someone on it on Monday.

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Reported, Boomer. We'll have to stuggle through the weekend however ... but I think they will get someone on it on Monday.
Thanks, B! I notice I'm doing a lot of shopping at Nordstroms, however...

19-12-2012
V.I.P.

The Ralph Lauren scroll over is obnoxious... and sometime just having the cursor in the general vicinity sets it off...

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ Oh my god yes it's such a nuisance. I have to mute my laptop whenever I hover over it unintentionally.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Since I have Safari AdBlock installed, I cannot see a single advertisement when browsing tFS. It's brilliant and I recommend it.
I just installed this on Chrome. It works flawlessly! Seriously recommend all tFSers to download this.

05-03-2013
fashion insider

I don't know if this should be here or in the technical issues thread but

When I open threads on tFS, not all of the time, just some of them (the last one this happen on was this one"http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/fall-winter-2013-14-one-worst-seasons-ever-225563.html) the page redirects me to the URL below, which then attempts to download a file onto my laptop. This isn't something that an ad should ever do and I'm sure tFS doesn't want ads redirecting their users-off site - note that this isn't the mackeeper popup which I've had too - this actually redirects from tfs to the page below

......... mackeeper.zeobit.com/download/?affid=zzb_567115255&trt=3&utm_source=http%3A%2F%2 Fforums.thefashionspot.com%2Ff60%2Ffall-winter-2013-14-one-worst-seasons-ever-225563.html&utm_medium=zzb_4140&utm_campaign=cpm&u tm_term=&utm_content=cpm&userDefiner=zzb_4140&inst aller=cpm

Last edited by BetteT; 05-03-2013 at 01:11 PM.
05-03-2013
V.I.P.

If you want something done about it by our tech support people because it's an internal problem ... it belongs in the tech thread. And this thread is just for gripes .... and for comiseration.

I don't beleive that this is something that is generated here ... they are pretty careful about our pages ... and they have a very skilled tech staff and own numerous forums, so they are very good about this sort of thing. In general, tFS is safe. I have no problem opening that thread. But I'm not going to go to that link ... it's dangerous. In fact ... I'm going to disable it so that others don't accidentaly go there.

It's clearly adware/malware that you have on your computer ..... this sort of thing can be picked up anywhere without your knowledge, by clicking on any link or picture. And these sort of things are sometimes triggered when you use your favorite sites ... they just sort of know where you go.

Run your virus protection .... and make sure you keep it updated.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-03-2013 at 01:13 PM.
24-03-2013
V.I.P.

Gotta love the passive-aggressive Ralph Lauren "experience":

Loading timidly..

BAM! (real size)

fashion elite

^ I read a thread -- I think it was Model Street Style, and every single page I clicked on, this ad came back, full screen, and I had to close it each time.

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

for me, the one that drives me crazy is the DOVE ad. i have "User Control Panel" bookmarked, and literally 90% of the time i open it from a new page, the top 10% of the page loads, then there's a little square DOVE soap ad and then the rest of the page never loads. you can't scroll down because nothing has loaded beyond the DOVE ad. and there's no way to close it. so i have to "refresh" or "reload" the entire webpage and often i have to do this like 4-6 times before it finally switches to some other ad and actually loads the entire page.

literally ENRAGING.

Some Like It Hot

I attempted to use tFS mobile on my iPhone and due to the annoying ads it'll be the last since every single page I click on fresh ones pop up from the bottom of the screen (aside from the disastrous design) the ads are the second most annoying thing about tFS, I don't know any other website in which you have to install an ad blocker so your experience isn't bombarded with ugly/annoying ads.

V.I.P.

I don't know if it was mentioned already, so sorry if this is a kind of repost.
But I get really annoyed with some of the advertisements on here especially with their music. Usually I always surf tfs and other sites with my Spotify on. Recently there have been videos with some kind of music or news reports on a lot of pages that I open. It's also much louder than the actual music I'm listening too so that I almost get a small heart attack everytime it pops of. The thing that bugs me the most about it though is that whenever I turn off the volume of the one clip there is still some other audio source on the page but I just cannot find out where it comes from! Drives me really insane because it is on almost every freaking page and I cannot listen to the music I want. Instead of always turning off every video, is there another way of muting the ads on tfs? Is there some option in the CP panel maybe? TIA.

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangster View Post
...Instead of always turning off every video, is there another way of muting the ads on tfs? Is there some option in the CP panel maybe? TIA.
There is no control for muting the ads. tFS is run by an advertising company and the ads pay for the site to be operated. It would be counter to the owner's interests to provide a means of suppressing the ads. You can try to find a third-party solution.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, advertisements or, note, popups, post, support, tech, venting or gripes