Venting/Gripes: Advertisements/ Popups. NOTE: No tech support here. See Post #1! - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2016
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
P.S. Where can I tell Maybelline or whomever OFF?
Their web site(s) (I visited maybelline.com and maybelline.ca) have Contact links... maybe try those?

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
i have even come to hate that woman in the ad now. i'd probably run at her and try to strangle her if i saw on the street.

it's TOO MUCH

please please please please, make it stop TFS??!!!!
LOL

Just install an adblocker app.

Iím on Safari and this extremely annoying girl Emily is out of my sight, and life forever.

Maybelline Canada is really turning people off by forcing this distracting dropdown ad to play automatically on every new page, complete with sound of her annoying voice, instead of just giving people the choice to click on the banner. Such a poor way to do business by forcing something so annoying in peopleís face to the point where people will boycott your product. Idiots.

16-09-2016
fashion elite

maybelline shouldn't be blamed for their ads. it's tfs who agreed to have their ads featured like that.

every click emily girl's ad pop up and also the renee's movie trailer.

i cannot install ad block software bc i don't use personel computer. at this rate i will say goodbye to tfs soon.

no other websites are as disturbing as this. it's a nightmare for all users.

16-09-2016
V.I.P.

It's true ... the advertising company that owns tFS, does make the choice with their client as to where and what ads go up. And it's clear that Maybeline's money is more important that our "money" (basic membership is free).

But ... I don't see the ads your are talking about ... at all. Maybe because I have an ad blocker, maybe because I live on the west coast (they target certain markets, Canada gets different ads than I do), maybe because I don't gather the same cookies as you do from other sites. So, yes ... it's bad for you and those people who get that ad ... but not for everyone.

The good news it that it usually goes away after the ad campaign and contract expire. So ... if you need to leave ... check back in later and see if the ad is gone.

16-09-2016
V.I.P.

this is slowly KILLING ME.

Browsing in my phone is next to impossible, you can't zoom in quickly to touch that goddamn X because it's one of those "fixed" ads so you do it from a distance and it sends you to their site.. I literally have to zoom in in slow motion and touch that X with the tip of my smallest finger and feel like an idiot.. someone make it stop! is part a tfs sponsored ad no?
image.pngimage.jpeg

fyi it's also in every single page..

17-09-2016
V.I.P.

I have not idea if it's our ad or not (they don't give us a list or anything) ... but most likely it is.

If it's impossible to get around that ad and back to tFS ... please report it in this other thread, making sure we have the information asked for in post #1. Also, please report what handheld device you are using ... that might make a difference too.
PopUp Ads and Other Advertisments: Tech Issues-Please Read Post #1 for Instructions

We can send your information to the company and ask tech support to correct it, if they can.

Last edited by BetteT; 17-09-2016 at 05:44 PM.
17-09-2016
V.I.P.

^ thank you!

09-02-2017
front row

Ads make site unusable
The Volvo and other ads block content and make your site unusable.

09-02-2017
Qui
front row

agree! this volvo ad is out of control. It keeps popping up in the MIDDLE of the page and not going away?! Understand the importance of having ads but this one is basically rendering the site unreadable!!

10-02-2017
V.I.P.

Please see my post above, quoted here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post

... If it is impossible to get around that ad and back to tFS ... please report it in this other thread, making sure we have the information asked for in post #1. Also, please report what hardware you are using (iPhone, Laptop brand, etc.) ... that might make a difference too. ...
PopUp Ads and Other Advertisments: Tech Issues-Please Read Post #1 for Instructions

We can send your information to the company and ask tech support to correct it, if they can.

2 Weeks Ago
front row

I don't know if this belongs here but apparently I had to stop pages here from loading fully because of the fact of having a random flash video automatically playing. Haven't got into installing an ad blocker yet but as a user with limited internet quota subscription, it has grown on me.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

It belongs here, if you are just complaining.

Remember ... per the title and the instructions in post #1 ... no tech support from this thread.

Last edited by BetteT; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:20 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, advertisements or, make, note, popups, post, site, support, tech, unusable, venting or gripes