How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^that's how i interpreted the statement as well meg...

feel free to set us all straight sienna

06-11-2006
V.I.P.

My take on those negative comments is that..they're often stated in a very vulgar manner, some people just drop by the thread of their least-favorite celebrity, comment for no reason and then all the fans obviously feel offended and reply [as it's natural] to the poster.
One thing is to have visited the thread once and said [in a civilised manner] how stupid you think the person is :p , some of us cant simply help to feel openly negative about some celebrities. but something entirely different is visiting the goddamn thread every single day to state your much beloved hatred for someone you dont even know. it's so pointless, i say get a life.

Last edited by MulletProof; 06-11-2006 at 09:22 AM.
06-11-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I don't think that is what Sienna was saying Mr.Dale (though please correct me if I'm wrong). I thought what she was saying was that she doesn't like when people give an opinion in a thread that is negative/against for example a certain celebrity, and then other members shout them down and say they should leave if they have something positive to say, and she appreciates when a mod steps in and says that that person is free to voice their opinion as long as it doesn't turn into flaming. But Sienna, definately correct me if that wasn't your intention
You have writen my point across but in a much better way.

07-11-2006
Unveil Yourself....

Ohh whoops, my mistake then! I see it now.. sorry for the confusion

twitter.com/ErikP87
17-11-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale

Also, I am pretty fed up with people stating that we tend to edit because we 'like certain people more' or 'don't agree with what is being said.' I feel offended when I read that because I know that I have never and will never do that and I also know that every other mod feels exactly the same. As said we are no nazi gestapo...
Compared to other forums I've taken part in, I have seen very little favoritism (sp) in this forum. I've only seen one instance of 'overlooking' a rule violation (a very active, well-known member had a curse word in their sig and it remained there for a few weeks/months.....compared to a curse word in my sig that remained there for one day). I only mention this because I read in another post that someone was complaining about favoritism and while I haven't seen it happen very much, I don't think that person is totally imagining it either.

I really have no problem with mods around here. I have been edited once or twice and I have absolutely no problem with that (compared to the other forum I used to participate in, where I was edited constantly ).

The only thing that I've noticed is that one mod was a bit rude to a member over an issue (not related to rules/regs) and considering that person is a Mod (IMO they sort of 'represent' TFS) I thought they could have worded their post in a nicer way.

V.I.P.

Interesting.....yea I know how you feel, that happens sometimes.

25-11-2006
V.I.P.

Wow, was it really necessary to jump down justinleaddict's throat for voicing an opinion and proposing an idea? Seriously, he wasn't out dissing mods and being nasty. I read this entire thread, and I'm not for voting for mods either, but wow. Just wow!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodel citizen
Wow, was it really necessary to jump down justinleaddict's throat for voicing an opinion and proposing an idea? Seriously, he wasn't out dissing mods and being nasty. I read this entire thread, and I'm not for voting for mods either, but wow. Just wow!
I agree

25-11-2006
V.I.P.

Well, he's gone now, so I guess there's nothing to worry about!

V.I.P.

I completely understand each moderators view and perspective on how this forum should be run or moderated. However justinleaddict you have my respect for voicing your opinion in a respectful manner. I don't agree with you in parts but people need to meet halfway street. That goes out both to moderators and justinleaddict.

25-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale
Also, I am pretty fed up with people stating that we tend to edit because we 'like certain people more' or 'don't agree with what is being said.' I feel offended when I read that because I know that I have never and will never do that and I also know that every other mod feels exactly the same. As said we are no nazi gestapo... we are just fashionlovers who happen to like structure and are actually offering our free time to put those two aspects with lots of love and passion (which I hope you all will have noticed) into this website that has by now claimed my life for the past 2,5 years... but that's my problem :p
I'm sorry you feel offended, Mr-Dale. I know how much time you and the other moderators spend on tfs.

However, I believe that in a power position, one should always take criticism seriously, whether its perceived as fair and legitimate or not. I rarley post here, but visit frequently and I have definitely seen cases of [what I perceive as] favoritism and arbitariness. There is no such thing as perfect moderating, and no moderators are perfect. We're all humans and thus bound to slip (consciously or unconsciously). But in my experience, moderators abusing their position is a very rare occurence on tfs, so I don't see it as a big issue.

But I do commend justinleaddict for voicing his opinions. Paradoxical as it may seem, in a neatly run forum like tfs, where mods are righfully respected, it can be all the harder to express whatever criticism you have.

25-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estella Mare
please refrain from posting wild speculations. private messages are private and are not read by anyone other than the receiver.

and again, if you feel your posts have been deleted without reason feel free to contact any mod. we scrupulously dicuss almost every action we take on this forum but there's always a chance that something comes across wrong.
I know I've brought this up before, but where does the mod team discuss the actions taken on the forum? I really think it would clear up a lot of the mod resentment if these discussions took place in a viewable subforum, or something. Then at least we could see the reasoning behind deleted posts or threads or whatever, and if we thought it was uncalled for we could say so. I'm not saying personally that I think unreasonable action is being taken, but I really think transparency in these matters would lead to more good than bad.

V.I.P.

Kisa, there's a Mod Squad forum where just about every situation is discussed. it's only visible to moderators just like in any other internet forum.

The reasoning on removal and editing of threads should be informed by the moderator somewhere in the post, sometimes I have forgotten to post why i'm deleting stuff and I know other moderators dont include it either at times, my apologies here, like I said, we're not robots, sometimes we really dont have the time, patience or memory and some others...we really procrastinate.
Also, some people are not familiarised enough with rules and get paranoid and think someone is abusing of their power, I think everyone should be fully aware that they have the right to demand an explanation and also, the commitment to read TFS Guidelines to find out what's permitted or not and the reasoning on why their post/thread was deleted... if you cant find none of that and you firmly believe your post was deleted based on biased reasons, then I fully recommend you to PM another mod or use this particular section [members support and feedback] to voice your opinion or dissatisfaction. and I mean this in the most sincere way.

flaunt the imperfection..

i agree with mullet...
if you have an issue with something, please pm a mod...
but before doing so...
please be sure that you understand what our rules and guidelines are...
and that none of them have been broken or violated...
*it isn't our jobs to spoon feed every member regarding our guidelines...
it's up to you guys to familiarise yourselves with them and post accordingly...

because we do not have time to get into squabbles over minor issues...
please...'pick and choose your battles carefully' - so to speak..
remember- it's only an internet forum....

-and if you feel that something has been overlooked by the mod squad- then please pm us..
regarding sig's and profanity...etc...we honestly sometimes just miss it...
and we do appreciate some help from our membership on these things....
we all just want tFS to be a friendly and interesting place to discuss what we love...

26-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
Kisa, there's a Mod Squad forum where just about every situation is discussed. it's only visible to moderators just like in any other internet forum.
But is there any particular reason why it's only visible to moderators?

Edit: Actually, now I have something to add, because I just noticed one of my posts was edited. I said "coked out girl slumped in the corner who forgot to wear underpants" I figure it was edited because of "coked out," but the whole sentence was edited out, not just the "coked out" part. Also no reasoning was given, so how would I know? I know it can't be the underpants thing, because it was talked about in the Lindsay Lohan thread, when Lindsay Lohan actually forgot to wear underpants to the kid's choice awards or something. Anyways, I would really like to read the scrupulous consideration that took place before deleting that one sentence. But for undisclosed reasons I can't? I just find that weird, it would lead to a better understanding of the application of the rules, and less resentment towards mods...so...what gives?

Last edited by kisa; 26-11-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
moderators, voting