How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^ I just want to address a couple things from your post...

first of all, I think it's GREAT that you've read the guidelines.. not enough members take the time to do this

second, when posts are edited it is often a judgement call and it would be impossible and impractical to discuss the editing/deletion of every single post... i'm not trying to defend the person who edited your particular post but as you said we're all human and we do interpret things differently.. some ppl might view your comment as a weight-rule violation, others wouldn't

When it comes to PMing mods, I feel that I can honestly say that it is very rare that this starts a conflict. It all has to do with the manner that we address each other--if someone contacts one of us asking "Could you explain why my post got deleted because I don't know what I did wrong/ I disagree with the deletion for the following reasons.." then we have a chance to explain our actions, probably bring the issue up with the entire mod squad if we are unsure of the action we took.. and if we ultimately decide that a post that was deleted was really fine then we almost always can bring that post back...
Problems happen when members send PMs like "Why the f*** did you delete my post you a**hole! Who made you GOD etc" In those situations where a mod is literally being attacked then action certainly has to be taken in some way...

Also, please do not be afraid to report a post... the person whose post it is does not know that it was reported or that you were the one who reported it... the mods in that section are the only ones who get the reports and honestly I often do not remember who actually did the reporting--I'm just grateful that it was pointed out to us most of the time.. that function is a great help to us.. especially in huge, fast-moving sections like star style and supporting cast that are difficult to moderate..

28-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodel citizen
All mods are human of course
As are all members... (Unless you're a spam robot )

My point is, I'm sure 90% of members who have posted (Including myself) have encountered situations on this forum that they've deemed to be unfair treatment, whether they were directly involved or not. However, from reading through this thread, I feel that the bottomline being put out is that you can discuss such matters with mods, but that they would prefer for it to be done privately as to not disturb the interactions of this community. Certainly, some of the reactions in this thread from mods might've seemed a bit unpleasant, but as authority figures of this forum, they certainly should feel justified about their past actions and dealings, especially if no complaints were made in the immediate aftermath. But now that dissatisfaction has been revealed publically, I'm sure despite the initial reactions, they are taking what people expressed to heart in order to reach compromises and run tFS better in the future...and I don't know, I guess IMHO, as members of this community, we should at least trust them to do that!

28-11-2006
girl who fell to earth

i know i keep popping in in here, but i just wanted to say that since many of you have brought up our responses in here...

for my part, and i think i speak for the other mods as well to a certain degree that we were unsure about how to participate in here initially because frankly we were feeling a bit attacked--like the suggestion that members vote for mods came from the idea that the current system didn't work and that the mods here aren't doing a good job..

things like that can be hurtful when we put a lot of time and effort to not only post like regular members but also take on the additional responsibility of keeping things organized and maintaining a friendly environment where everything runs smoothly

I've seen how hard everyone on the mod squad works at helping out at tfs.. some of us responded somewhat emotionally/passionately to what was going on in this thread and I was probably one of them... I do not think that anything we said in here has been unjustified though... and as for the way we responded to justin all i can say is that he seemed to be continually contradicting himself or running around in circles with what he really wanted to say--if he really wanted to get to the root of the issue I suspect he would have kept posting in here... but I also think that he took some of our sincerity as sarcasm and misinterpreted what we were trying to say/ask

kus
front row

well, wow,
usually more comfortable editorializing (rambling) in
how's the weather thread
but have to say i've never come across a site
with a more responsible set of mods then this one.
i can't imagine the amount of work...

too bad they have to waste their time going through this thread
on top of it all.

this discussion is driving me to drink, dammit..

28-11-2006
More Old Skool Than You

Whoa, reading this thread is 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. LOL

I love the mods, and I've been edited. A few times. But I deserved it, rules are rules. And yet they still keep me here! How cool is that? Can I get a group hug?

Meg
inspired contemplation

Excellent posts Chrissy, totally agree, thanks for clarifying thigns as I think I was just muddling them above.

29-11-2006
Push it to pop it!

Just compare this place to a real life government please.... tell me what you come up with.... it's that simple. You would realize that it is completely fascist... voting would just be a step in the right direction imo......

I dont care if mods feel life they are being "attacked." I really dont. And i left because the discussion was becoming emotional and personal....

...i dont care enough to spend all my time coming up with responses to people who's minds arent going to be changed anyway.. It is now obvious that nothing is going to changed.

thats all.

29-11-2006

Democracy isn't the answer to everything

29-11-2006
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict
Just compare this place to a real life government please.... tell me what you come up with.... it's that simple. You would realize that it is completely fascist... voting would just be a step in the right direction imo......

I dont care if mods feel life they are being "attacked." I really dont. And i left because the discussion was becoming emotional and personal....

...i dont care enough to spend all my time coming up with responses to people who's minds arent going to be changed anyway.. It is now obvious that nothing is going to changed.

thats all.
The key point to remember here though is that we are not a democratic government. We are a private message board. The owner is free to do what they like with the board as long as it is theirs. This person is able to take the board into whatever direction they wanted it to be, if they wanted it to be an all celebrity board, they could easily just move it into that direction, if they wanted it to become a music board, they could do the same, but that isnt what the purpose of this place is. It's a place for fashion and if the owner wants this place to be about fashion, then that's what they will work towards. Voting for moderators is not always the best decision no matter how democratic it may be. Think about it this way, if that were to happen, only the most popular people (who may not be the most responsible or practical thinkers, or most fashion oriented) would become mods, leaving the direction of the website to the wayside of what the owner is looking for. And although this board is privately run, we still ask for suggestions from the membership group. Ie, the poll for Heart & Soul conducted earlier this month.

In a democractic country, no one person owns it. Does George Bush own the USA? He's only there to rule and control it. If he owned the country he could do whatever he wanted to, but he doesnt and can't for these reasons.

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 29-11-2006 at 06:26 PM.
30-11-2006
flaunt the imperfection..

kus...

fourbolt...

*group hug*...

Last edited by softgrey; 30-11-2006 at 07:24 PM.
07-12-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM

for my part, and i think i speak for the other mods as well to a certain degree that we were unsure about how to participate in here initially because frankly we were feeling a bit attacked--like the suggestion that members vote for mods came from the idea that the current system didn't work and that the mods here aren't doing a good job..
I personally don't mind at all about the mods at the moment... you guys are actually very chill and hands off on a lot of issues, and only interfer when it is really needed.

That said, mods leave. Some feel that they don't have the time, some just don't want to do it anymore. And when there is the next big mod try-out (there was one a few months ago, right? So there shouldn't be any in the near future), it would be nice if a few selected members could have some imput.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
moderators, voting