How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Also, in this case, not every moderator would know that headpress is not .com (I didn't ... thanks for letting me know) ... unless they happened to stumble upon it. We don't ask the mods to check every source that is posted ... we assume that our members know and follow the rules. But ... occasionally, we notice something, so we take care of it then.

If you see something that is wrong in credits, please use the Report Post feature to bring it to the team's attention.
I prefer that we would always write .com it would be clearer. Some times I try to find more pics from source and quite often end of address is not .com even it has left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
Because it's to remind you that you got a reminder, that you should follow the rules. I wished mine would just gone too, but I got unfairly it and now I have it.
It's so depressing to see it.. or just know that you have, I thought I was a good girl. But I guess I remember crediting rules now :p

Last edited by Annu; 01-07-2010 at 04:51 AM.

08-07-2010
V.I.P.

Just got a PM, regarding a post that was deleted. I posted HQ scans, which I understood was allowed, when lower resolution one's have already been posted.
The scans I provided had the correct colours, for members who wish to viewed the correct colours.

goodbye kiss

Before posting something, I always check if it's not a repost, but sometimes I make a mistake, as everyone is allowed to. But I think getting a bunch of PMs somehow starts to refrain some members from posting. We do pay more attention to the community rules before posting, but I think getting PMs all the time saying that our posts were deleted starts to get annoying at some point.

11-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Just got a PM, regarding a post that was deleted. I posted HQ scans, which I understood was allowed, when lower resolution one's have already been posted.
The scans I provided had the correct colours, for members who wish to viewed the correct colours.
What you didn't provide is the "reason" stated in the PM, so it's hard to determine what the problem was. Yes ... we often do allow reposts (if that happens to be the reason) if it's significantly higher resolution.

But it could have been for another reason ... failure to credit, improper crediting, request from the copyright holder to remove (which we must comply with by law, if asked) ... Conde Nast and Art & Commerce are very sensitive when HQ images are posted without their permission.

But every PM advises you to ask a moderator if you need clarification. So, just PM me with a copy of the PM that was sent to you and I will look at the post that was deleted and figure what happend. If it was a mistake, I can reinstate it.

11-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgirlbr View Post
Before posting something, I always check if it's not a repost, but sometimes I make a mistake, as everyone is allowed to. But I think getting a bunch of PMs somehow starts to refrain some members from posting. We do pay more attention to the community rules before posting, but I think getting PMs all the time saying that our posts were deleted starts to get annoying at some point.
I know that PM's can be annoying ... but when we don't send them, we get even more complaints that they were not notified that a post was deleted or given a reason why. So, in most cases, we just allow the system to do it's thing, so you know what happened.

Occasionally we do not send the notice ... if it's an old post and we are just cleaning house or if it is just your response to someone else's post that we deleted. No need to bother you with that.

31-08-2010
trendsetter

hi, i posted some scans for a magazine in the Miscellaneous Magazines - Europe thread

i got a warning saying that it was a duplicate post, but i looked in the thread and only saw the cover posted, i posted the cover and article.
im kind of confused on why my post was deleted.

Last edited by Hector; 31-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.
31-08-2010
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
hi, i posted some scans for a magazine in the Miscellaneous Magazines - Europe thread

i got a warning saying that it was a duplicate post, but i looked in the thread and only saw the cover posted, i posted the cover and article.
im kind of confused on why my post was deleted.
Hello Hector,

You didn't receive a warning, or even a reminder. The post was deleted after it was reported by a member that it was a duplicate post/repost. The mods don't have time to check every reported post to see if it is in fact a duplicate... but since you did provide scans of the article I will go ahead and undelete your post.

In the future it might be a nice idea to say in your post that even though the cover has been previously posted, you are posting scans of the article which hasn't. That way everyone will know.

Thank you!

01-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post

i got a warning saying that it was a duplicate post
Also, when mods remove posts, members do get this notice that the post has been removed, with a link to the page, and the reason why...
It's only an auto pm sent as a courtesy to inform members when their posts are removed, mainly used for reposts, dead links, responses to edited/deleted comments and such minor issue, it has nothing to do with warnings...

Last edited by mariemaud; 01-09-2010 at 05:00 AM.
28-09-2010
V.I.P.

i got a message from tFS Mod Squad. it says that my post has been deleted. but i don't really understand the reason. i wanted to ask but i cannot.
why i cannot reply for that?
so i'd like to fix the problem but in this case there is no chance to do that. i cannot ask my questions.

i appreciate if you can help me about it.
thank you

Last edited by jelsoka; 28-09-2010 at 09:27 AM.
28-09-2010
Some Like It Hot

You cannot reply to the tFS Mod Squad 'account' because its an automated account that sends a PM to notify a member that his/her post has been deleted.
I Will PM you regarding the reason why they were deleted .

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 28-09-2010 at 09:39 AM.
28-09-2010
V.I.P.

Correct ... you should just ask any moderator if you don't understand the reason. I beleive that is stated in the automated PM that you get.

29-09-2010
fashion elite

Probably in the wrong place but are we allowed to report our own posts if we realise that there is incorrect info. which if not deleted may lead to a few 'blank' posts afterwards if the time for editing/deleting post has gone by?

29-09-2010
V.I.P.

It is the wrong place, but I'll answer anyway and move it to it's own thread.

The intent of the Report Post feature is to report a violation of the rules. So, I think that the best way to handle this (since "incorrect info" is not in violation of any rule) would be to just quuote yourself and post a retraction in the thread.

19-11-2010
fashion elite

Lot of inconsistencies about the rules on TFS.

TFS says we must credit our pictures.

Anyone notice that in threads like
- The Model ID thread
- "Make My Avatar Thread"

Most posters do not credit their pictures?

Also, I just got a reminder for complimenting someone's avatar -- in an avatar thread -- because it's "private discussion"? I read most of that Victoria's Secret thread. There were thousands of posts that seemed like private discussion to me. Thanking someone for some information versus complimenting someone on their avatar. Can someone clarify how one is private discussion, and the other is not?

I do not ask to be snarky, I ask because I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to police my posts and determine what is a private discussion versus what is not.

Unless I refrain from ever saying anything nice again, instead I will just post whatever pictures and keep my 'fingers' shut.

Any info would be great.

19-11-2010
fashion elite

I can't edit, but I meant to say that the point of this avatar thread is to make the nicest avatars, and then be judged on them, so I find it funny that I complimented someone's avatar, and then my post got deleted.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deleted, edited, posts, privacy, protect, warnings or reminders