How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

Something like this should be brought to a Team Leader's attention via a Private Message ... if you feel that a moderator took an unfair action or if you think that what you did was not against the rules. The Team Leaders would review the action and decided if the moderator made an error and would address it with that moderator if it was a mistake.

But since you posted here in a public place and I am one of the 8 Team Leaders, I'll answer you here. Technically the deletion was correct. You may not repost anything from the old thread into the new one. That's always been the rule.

But, what you say also makes sense. In fact ... one of the other moderators noticed the deletion, felt like it had value in the new thread and has already brought it to the team to ask for an exception. If the team decides that it's important enough it will be restored. If they don't ... it won't be restored. It depends on the general consensus.

But please realize that it would be an exception to the rule ... and that the moderator was technically correct in deleting it ... no mistake was made here.

23-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Since previous thread was closed, I decided to repost this news in new thread.
this remark led to moderator action on your post. we dont want anyone to receive the wrong impression that is OK to repost material from the just archived thread.

if you had felt it was noteworthy news then you could have commented and gave your opinion on the newsflash instead of reposting the same exact material. that way no one would have missed this "newsflash".

please keep in mind that hundreds (or maybe thousands) of different people subscribe to this thread so they would have received your post (or the other reactions to your post in the archived thread) in an email.

fashion elite

I am so sorry to be a pest but one of my messages was deleted and I received a reminder that it was deleted due to it's off topis nature. I was just agreeing with a poster's previous comment and saying how funny it was. A lot of members do that.

I also tried to access the Community Rules just to make sure that I comply, I really like being a par tof this Forum do not want to get kicked out, and the link kept on going to "Page Not Found", could I get a working link to the Community Rules.

As always thank you so much to the Mods for any assistance in this matter.

23-09-2011
Soviet Camaro

Hi kobro,

We are aware that the link to the Community Rules is broken and we have asked admin to restore it. We hope to have it back soon.

Your deleted post was about an external site and not directly related to the topic of discussion, that is why it was deleted.

fashion elite

Tangerine, thank you so much for the answer!

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

ok i just got one of my post deleted n there was no reason as to why it was deleted

here is the link
reaso: it was someting like "contact a mod"
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9770611

n i dont think i said something bad. also now that we are on it.
i have start like 3 threads n feew hours later some mod deleted the thread. ok i didnt said anything. but then other memember open the same thread n they dont close it,in fact is still active.
also members post somethin in a models thread n i copy the same comment n paste it in other models thread n they delete mine n not the others??

i mean what is goign on? if you guys are not gonna let me open any thread just let me know n i wont do it or you know what up? i mean just leet me know what the deal is

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
ok i just got one of my post deleted n there was no reason as to why it was deleted

here is the link
reaso: it was someting like "contact a mod"
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9770611

n i dont think i said something bad. also now that we are on it.
i have start like 3 threads n feew hours later some mod deleted the thread. ok i didnt said anything. but then other memember open the same thread n they dont close it,in fact is still active.
also members post somethin in a models thread n i copy the same comment n paste it in other models thread n they delete mine n not the others??

i mean what is goign on? if you guys are not gonna let me open any thread just let me know n i wont do it or you know what up? i mean just leet me know what the deal is
did you read the moderators note posted minutes after you posted in that thread and in reference to your post?
"Let's make it a point to refrain from naming specific models as much as possible and focus instead on the subject as a whole, as this is the Fashion In Depth and not Supporting Cast sub-forum."

the moderators wanted discussion to center on modeling as a whole, not a list of models.

V.I.P.

I don't know if this is the proper thread, but apriliciate posted a snap of her reminders in the previous page and I tried searching for mine in my profile and user control panel but couldn't find them. Could a mod please tell me how can I find them? Thanks in advance.

V.I.P.

did you check your private messages?

V.I.P.

Yes and I couldn't find anything. Unless you mean if I've checked for the automatic messages sent to me when one of my posts gets deleted. Anyway, I mean this:

screencapped by apriliciate

How can I access mine?

V.I.P.

i dont think you have any!

V.I.P.

Seriously? I think I've had more than 10 posts deleted for off-topic discussion. Thanks a lot lucy92!

V.I.P.

The snap that you see above is for "Reminders" which are a bit different than just deleted posts. When a post is just deleted, an automatic PM is sent with the reason ... so you know why. Those you will not be able to see ... it's just a quick notice. If you ever receive a notice of a deleted post with the reason "Contact a Moderator", it's best to PM a mod ... rather than asking to have it explained in this public place. You may want to keep it private ... it's probably a complex and maybe embarassing matter

However, sometimes we choose to send a "Reminder" instead of the automatic PM, usually when we think that the member probably does not know about or understand a particular rule. So, in order to guide a newer member or one who doesn't seem to "get it", we will quote the exact rule that was broken and direct the member to any applicable links where they may read all of the details.

Reminders (and Warnings ... which have a red box next to them, so you can tell the difference) stay at the top of member's profiles (only the member who got the Reminder and mods can see them, no one else can ... it's private.) so that the member may review the rules at any time, whenever they have a question.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks a lot for your thorough reply, BetteT. I haven't received a pm for a deleted post with 'contact a mod' as the reason of deletion. The reason for all of my deleted posts was 'Off-Topic Discussion' except for one which was 'Reply to Deleted Post'. I just asked because I was worried if I had any reminders and wanted to be sure. Thanks again for your help!

V.I.P.

I recently received a warning about me attacking another member on a thread. I'm fine with that, as some may have perceived it as that, but I never deliberately intended for my post to be an attack on someone.
What makes me absolutely upset is that I constantly Read some members attacking others in other thread and no one does anything about it. Where are the moderators when it comes to patrolling the threads? It's as if you guys are targeting me. I just read someone attack somebody in te Katie Homes and Tom Cruise divorce thread and another member attack somebody else in the "Hedi Slimane for YSL" thread and once again I don't see any moderator do anything about it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deleted, edited, posts, privacy, protect, warnings or reminders