Warnings/Reminders for Deleted or Edited Posts: See Post#1 Protect your Privacy. - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2015
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplylovely View Post
Meaningful content? I feel as if I'm the only one being penalized for my posts. What is considered 'meaningful' here? Smh. I've seen other users posts similar comments and yet their posts remain on the model thread. And wth is 'power posting'? These rules are getting more absurd.
Since you've chosen to bring it up here, I'll answer you here. You were formally advised twice before about power posting, with written explanation of what we mean, in May 2011 and February 2014. You have also had numerous posts deleted since then with automated private messages advising you of that reason. Members are continuing to report your posts for frequently triggering their notifications for posts that only say "stunning" or "lovely" or the like.

The rules haven't changed.

Regarding being singled out, you are not able to see deleted posts, so you don't know who else has had posts deleted. Members who only occasionally post "similar comments" probably don't get reported.

I hope this clarifies things.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Since you've chosen to bring it up here, I'll answer you here. You were formally advised twice before about power posting, with written explanation of what we mean, in May 2011 and February 2014. You have also had numerous posts deleted since then with automated private messages advising you of that reason. Members are continuing to report your posts for frequently triggering their notifications for posts that only say "stunning" or "lovely" or the like.

The rules haven't changed.

Regarding being singled out, you are not able to see deleted posts, so you don't know who else has had posts deleted. Members who only occasionally post "similar comments" probably don't get reported.

I hope this clarifies things.

It doesn't. I have been banned once for posts I made on previous dates, meaning I received one message after another, after another. And I was not referring to any other user posts 'you've' already deleted. I was referring to comments that are 'still' posted in threads (very similar to mine), content that should be defined as 'not meaningful enough'. No biggie, I rather not post anything at all then see a million messages in my inbox. Thanks for the reply.

03-04-2016
rising star

off topic?
I received a PM (to which I couldn't answer?) about a post I made in a thread about fashion trends we didn't like. The previous post to which I replied was referring to man buns (and buns in general). My post was deleted and really I don't know why as my reply was about the topic. Was it my wording? I don't know. Could someone clear this up for me please so I don't make the same mistake again.

Thanks

04-04-2016
V.I.P.

First ... please don't think it was a big deal. It wasn't, so don't worry about it.

The topic was trends that you dislike ... in this case the "man bun". I noticed your reply, too.
Quote:
The only exception I allow with my hair (which is almost waist length atm) is either swimming, or when I turn up in uniform for the reserves, I have no choice with that. Hubby said it looks sexy...
Hard call ... I'm not sure if I would have left it there or not. Although I was not the mod who deleted it, I think I understand why. It really doesn't talk about your opinion about the "man bun". It looked like you were moving into talking about your own hairstyle ... not the man bun trend ... and since you are female, it makes it even more "off topic".

We do have lot's of topics about hairstyles in the Hair Care sub forum, where this would be more applicable.

Last edited by BetteT; 04-04-2016 at 12:15 PM.
04-04-2016
rising star

Ah...facepalm. I saw the guy before me mention he disliked 'buns' in general. So I thought he was talking about both genders as well. Lol. Thanks for the info.

08-04-2016
rising star

deleted images for not quoting source? Um....I did write on the top of the photo "Kendall Jenner by Gavin Rea" Oh and Trendsetter, its a little off putting when I can't even reply back to you.

08-04-2016
V.I.P.

You may PM any moderator if you have a question about why something was deleted.

I don't know who "Trendsetter" is .... it's not the system nor one of our mods ... you probably saw "tFS Mod Squad. That is the automatic system that sends the notices, when we delete posts. Because it's automated, no one is there. So, if we allow messages, no on would see them.

(I will respond to the PM you just sent to me, after I answer this.)

Last edited by BetteT; 08-04-2016 at 09:28 PM.
08-04-2016
rising star

Got it! Lol...thanks

21-04-2016
rising star

I am seriously getting to the state of tears over this. What on earth am I doing so wrong that I get warnings continually for posting the wrong photo credits or incorrect credits? When I have read and understood the rules, several times now, though some I don't understand. One photo in particular I did write the source in, but still it was wrong and I did it twice and twice it was deleted. Now even one of my own photos was deleted? Source, from my mother which I wrote.

Now I am crying...........god what a mess. Someone please explain this to me...simply so I can understand

21-04-2016
V.I.P.

^Oh, sweetheart don't cry! People quote sources differently, so there should be many ways to fulfill the tfs requirements. When the source is a dot com site, you can just write the name of the site, eg. "lagarconne" beneath the picture.

The best advice I can give is to check what the other users with a lot of posts are doing and copy them

V.I.P.

Mel ... we have talked via a PM ... regarding the confusion.

I din't notice a photo from you mother (the main issue seemed to be crediting your own pineterest account) ... but PM me with where you posted that and I'll check that out too..

If you mother took the photo ... was the actual photographer (not from her site or computer) ... you would just credit her ... something like this: "Taken by my mother."

25-04-2016
rising star

PM'd away and I did quote her name, though I guess in hindsight I should have written 'taken by'

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deleted, edited, post#1, posts, privacy, protect, warnings or reminders