How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2015
V.I.P.

weight talk exception regarding new laws in france?
Hello.
I didn't know where or to whom I could ask this question, I figured this might be the place.
Could we start a thread regarding to the new laws in paris for discussion around that topic and make that an exception to the weight talk ban? It will be pretty much impossible to talk about it otherwise.
It will I think have a huge impact on the business and it would be so interesting to see what members here think. Maybe there could be a warning in the title so that members who don't want to be subjected to weight talk can know before opening it?

10-04-2015
backstage pass

What's the new law in Paris??

Soviet Camaro

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll bring it up with the rest of the team.

Personally, I don't think we'll make an exception; there have been laws and initiatives proposed and adopted before, with very little effect, and not producing anything new in the way of discussion. But it will be a team decision, not my personal decision.

For those who are curious, here's one brief explanation of what's going on:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6999244.html

V.I.P.

Ok, thank you so much!

fashion icon

I personally think this one might be different - even though it might as well have no effect at all, like all the other attempts.
Still, I would appreciate being able to discuss it here.

Last edited by sore; 10-04-2015 at 09:01 PM.
11-04-2015
V.I.P.

We are discussing it ... may take a few days for everyone to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthelian View Post
Maybe there could be a warning in the title so that members who don't want to be subjected to weight talk can know before opening it?
This is not why we banned "weight talk". Generally members were not offended by it.

For anyone who has not been here to know why we banned "weight talk" here is the back story:

The most important reason we did it ... the "Anas". There are a huge amount of young girls (and a few guys) who suffer from anorexia, bulimia or other eating disorders or who are just enthralled by the idea of being as thin as they possibly can be without regard to their own health. They are almost like an organized group (you can find tons of sites where they push their "skinny at all costs" agenda and talk about ways to do it). Because we do feature models they were drawn to tFS in droves, where they would do the same thing in our threads. We definitely did not want to be a place where young and impressionable people could learn about this extremely dangerous life style. So ... after some trial and error, we discovered that any talk about weight or size always seemed to open up the flood gates to this type of thinking and bad advice.

The second reason: Whenever a model gained or lost weight, the thread would go completely off topic (which should be the models' work and personal style) ... and it would disintegrate into some pretty ugly talk and even uglier photos (many that were fake/photo shopped). It was almost like they were vultures circling. We are not a gossip site ... we do not want to become one.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exception, france, laws, talk, weight