How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2011
scenester

Ahhhh, I never knew that. I guess that screws this dude up...I don't know him and I don't invite if I don't know. Thanks!!
Posted via Mobile Device

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

I have a question regarding avatar sizes. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask though. Anyway, I was wondering why some users have avatars that are 160x80 while others (like myself) are only allowed to use an avatar that is 80x80?

Thank you in advance

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

Origanally, the standard avatar was 80x80. But we have changed that so that all members may have the wider avatar, which are 160x80 pixels.

Not all members have uploaded a larger avatar to fit the new space yet, so you will still see a lot of the old square ones.

Applicable thread:

How to Upload a New Avatar

Last edited by BetteT; 30-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.
15-08-2011
backstage pass

I know "reply with quote" there's at the bottom right of each post, but I've seen posts quoting a post from another thread, like this:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=520

and posts quoting several quotes not just one, like this:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=279

I find it very useful and I would like to know how to do it. TIA

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

That is not something that our system does for you. It's done by cutting and pasting into the thread you want to post in.

What these members have done is open another window for each post they want to quote ... then use the reply> quote post in that thread and then just cut and paste it into the reply box in another window for the thread where they want to post it. Then they just close the other windows without actually posting in the other threads.

Last edited by BetteT; 15-08-2011 at 02:11 PM.
22-11-2012
windowshopping

I just have a quick question. When i post up a picture of something, I know i'm suppose to credit it. But who do I credit it to? Because most of the pictures I will be posting up is from my own blog, which is further taken from other people's blogs, which is taken from other people's blog or google images etc etc.. there's really no end to it and I won't have a way of knowing where it originally came from. Unless of course it's something well known and it's obvious it's a branded ad campaign.

Last edited by BetteT; 23-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.
22-11-2012
V.I.P.

Good question, Model Wear.

Flashbang already sent you a Personal Message about this, but I think it's important enough that all newbies who have blogs should learn this, so I'll go over it again, for them:

Paraphrasing Flashbang's PM to you, and adding a few extra things:

Quote:
Regarding Crediting your Own Blog or Site ... Not Allowed

Yes, it's very important to credit your source of any pictures/articles that you post. However, you may not credit your own site, blog, social media account ... anything that is owned and or operated by you. We consider it "self promotion" which is not allowed on tFS

So, then, how do you credit pictures and articles that you have on your site, and want to post here, too?

If you have pictures that are relevant to the topic of the thread that you shot yourself, then simply credit yourself as a credit. For example: "Picture(s) taken by me", "Shot by me". If it's an article you wrote ... you would just say "Written by Me".

For photos or articles that you got somewhere else, you simply credit the blog or site where you found the picture. You do not have to go back further than that ... just name your source. If you do not remember your source, then you may not post the picture. (Hint ... keep records of your sources right in your own blog ... post the name of the site where you found it as a credit there, and then you'll always have it available for posting here later. It's the courteous thing to do, anyway.)

If it's a magazine that you scanned, you must say "Scanned by Me" and name the magazine and the issue (issue number, date) plus it's nice if you name the photographer, models, stylists, makeup, hair, etc.

There are two threads about this that everyone should read, with a few more details, posted in the Announcements Forum:

Self Promotion for your Blogs / Web Sites / E-zines / Stores, etc. Not Allowed.
Crediting Rules: posting the source/credits for an image, article or news story
How this helps clarify it a bit.

Last edited by BetteT; 22-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.
22-05-2013
rising star

I've posted this in another thread, but this thread might be more appropriate:

I want to remove possible hotlinks I posted on one of the threads....

The 'edit' option was there when I initially posted, but seems to have disappeared (and I am logged in).

How do I change the image links?

22-05-2013
Soviet Camaro

You only have ten minutes to edit your post; after that, you need to contact a moderator.

Each main forum page shows the moderators for that forum in a pane in the upper right. You can contact one of the moderators for the forum in question about your links.

trendsetter

Hello there! Kind of embarrassing because I'm not new in the scene here but how do you post nowfashion photos on models pages? Because whenever I go on the nowfashion's website and try to get a pictures link, it won't let me. Please help!

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

This is more of a general question about how to capture photos, not how to navigate tFS. But I'll answer anyway.

It sounds like this site doesn't want you to take their photos. I suggest that you read their "Terms" to see if you are allowed to copy and repost their photos ... my guess is that it's not allowed.

I need to advise everyone that under our Terms and Conditions, all members have agreed to get permission from the copyright holder before they reproduce anything in our forums.

29-10-2013
V.I.P.

Vicky Violet ... I have moved your post and the response to this thread: Help Me Find a Thread by Topic? / Where May I Post This?

12-11-2013
scenester

Hello there, this is my first day here, and I don't see if you have a members info topic? can i start posting without introducing myself in a specified topic?

12-11-2013
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea27 View Post
Hello there, this is my first day here, and I don't see if you have a members info topic? can i start posting without introducing myself in a specified topic?
We do have a member introductions thread here:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f55...-a-100215.html

However, you are not required to post in it. You may begin posting in any topic (as we see you have already begun to do). Welcome!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
Hi Ghostboy - your 'title' changes as you post..
Only those with a premium account can customize their title.

Minimum posts :

windowshopping 0
scenester 50
rising star 100
front row 200
backstage pass 500
trendsetter 1000
tfs star 1500
fashion insider 2000
fashion elite 2500
fashion icon 3000
V.I.P. 3500
What level is considered a 'premium account'?

Thank you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
avatar, faq, navigating, newbie, posting, protocol, showing, tfs