How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-10-2014
scenester

Hi! I'm reasonably new to this website. I have already found my way around commenting and chatting with people on threads but would love to start a thread!
After spending a while getting my thread ready to post, I went to preview it and it looked very different to every other thread! Like for example the title wasn't the bold look, it was small and different. Am I doing the right thing? Thank you!

23-10-2014
scenester

Also when I photographs to upload they also appear very different to other peoples. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong!

V.I.P.

Hi and Welcome to the Fashion Spot!

First question ... about how your new thread looks:
If you mean that the title is not bold when you look at the list of thread names ... it's because you have already looked at the last (in this case the first) post. The system removes the bold from the thread titles after you have read them. This way, you can tell which threads have updates since you looked at them the last time.

**For All Members, please note .... when starting new threads, make sure we do not already have a thread about that topic. Use the Search feature with a keyword a couple of times. We are more likely to already have a thread than not .... since we are such a huge forum.

Secondly ... there are several ways to upload a photo, so it looks different, depending on which method you used. Please go to these two theads to learn more about the various ways to upload pictures. If you need help, ask in the appropriate thread:

Posting Pictures ... Using the tFS Attachments feature

Posting Pictures by Linking ... Hosting Sites & Hotlinking

Last edited by BetteT; 23-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.
23-10-2014
scenester

Thank you!

windowshopping

POST EDIT function not showing - how to enable?
Hi ,

I don't have the EDIT function on a post and I wanted to change the images as I hot-linked them - before finding out that it was not recommended due to draining bandwidth on hosts site.

I would like to replace the images with imgbox.com images instead.

OR - How to I contact the moderator or administrator to ask them to allow the EDIT?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mamiji

05-11-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiji View Post
Hi ,

I don't have the EDIT function on a post and I wanted to change the images as I hot-linked them - before finding out that it was not recommended due to draining bandwidth on hosts site.

I would like to replace the images with imgbox.com images instead.

OR - How to I contact the moderator or administrator to ask them to allow the EDIT?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mamiji
you have approx. 10 minutes to edit your post. after that the function disappears. this is done to preserve continuity on the website.

if your posts now show a dead link/blank image we may be able to remove the post.use the report this post feature.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
faq, guidelines, navigating, newbie, posting, protocol, rules