How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-06-2005
V.I.P.

God I love it when people post what they really think. That is exactly what we were looking for.

Last edited by model_mom; 26-06-2005 at 11:21 AM.

26-06-2005
V.I.P.

• You need to play devils advocate and not take side.
  • Be able to know what is in the boards and its members best iterests, be compassionate.
  • As this is a fashion board some knowledge would be needed.
  • Not to be prejudice, of course you'll be more friendly with some members then other but try not to take sides in arguements or deliberatly discriminate against some members or show favoritism.
  • Be able to commit time and effort to tfs, theres no point in being a mod if you are only online for like 10 mins a week.
  • Be able to make sound judgement and be able to make desicions.
  • Be able to take control and work as a team.
  • Be able to make tfs a better place.
  • Be able to work as part of a team is a must

26-06-2005
V.I.P.

one last one, they need to be a role model member, how other members should be have and act etc.

26-06-2005
about to fall or fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
This brings up a good point. I will be the first to admit that when I first joined I didn't know a whole lot about the fashion end of this forum. I have learned a lot since I joined TFS and I am always willing to contribute when I find an item that might be of interest. We do have some mods who know pretty much all there is to know about fashion. How important is it to members that all mods have this knowledge?
i don't find it 100% necessary that a mod know all there is to know about fashion. someone might know everything about fashion but have zero common sense. besides, part of being a good mod, i think, is learning along with everyone else. i think i'd personally rather have the mod who has really good people managing skills and good common sense but might not know everything about fashion over the person who is like a fashion encyclopedia but really bad at dealing with people and has little common sense.

26-06-2005
seagreen serenades

I think a good mod should post as much as they moderate. Member first - moderator second.

26-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
Be able to commit time and effort to tfs, theres no point in being a mod if you are only online for like 10 mins a week.
Yes! I was just about to post that.

Regarding fashion knowledge, I think mods should know enough about fashion to be able to suggest certain threads to new members in search of info or anything like that.

26-06-2005
Stitch:the Hand

good one strawberry!

I think the only thing that would ever truly bug me is if the moderator came in with a superioric attitude just because they are one. Not speaking about anybody on here in particular....just generally it happens.

27-06-2005
etre soi-meme

popping in to thank all for the interesting feedback, needless to say i agree with most replies here

27-06-2005
Diamond

One more thing: I don't think mods/admins should be sending out negative karma/reputation. Such criticism should be handled through PM in my opinion. On the other hand, I think mods/admins have a duty to use positive karma as a way to encourage members

~Madeleine Albright
27-06-2005
V.I.P.

No one should be getting negative karma as far as I know. Could you PM me with an example? And we do give out karma when we see someone with a great post or contributing articles or pictures that add to the site.

27-06-2005
Day Dreaming

ADMIN's do have the right to give negative karma.. and it is given out.. but EXTREMELY RARELY! If it's given out its done because it was well deserved.

Another thing.. I love that we have this thread. One thing that many here don't understand is the big difference between a moderator and admin. Two totally different roles and it's sad that members don't understand how much goes into being an admin. The mod team here is truly amazing and guys I'm more and more proud of you each and everyday!

27-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten
A mod should be: Friendly, impartial, helpful, non-judgmental, fair, contributing in a positive way.

A mod should not be: Rude, holier-than-thou, immature, on a power trip, hypocritical, constantly negative, disrespectful.
I think this is excellently stated!! And, I agree, that a mod needs to keep in mind that they are a role model for behavior on the forum (as the majority do ). Lead by example if you will...

As to whether or not a mod should have extensive knowledge of the fashion world, I would consider that a bonus. I think when we're speaking of moderation, it's more important that the person have good social skills as there are other members that can contribute fashion knowledge.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to comment and thanks to all the mods for their time and effort

PS - just read your post AndoraStar, and you're right, I'm one that didn't understand there was such a huge difference, so a special thanks to you, Andy & Lena as Admins. I truly love this environment!!

Last edited by Curious; 27-06-2005 at 01:10 PM.
27-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemiu
-no snoby/agressive/judgmental additued
..and that would be my only complain. especially in the overuse of "!!!!" when editing messages or closing a thread.

Day Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
I think this is excellently stated!! And, I agree, that a mod needs to keep in mind that they are a role model for behavior on the forum (as the majority do ). Lead by example if you will...

As to whether or not a mod should have extensive knowledge of the fashion world, I would consider that a bonus. I think when we're speaking of moderation, it's more important that the person have good social skills as there are other members that can contribute fashion knowledge.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to comment and thanks to all the mods for their time and effort

PS - just read your post AndoraStar, and you're right, I'm one that didn't understand there was such a huge difference, so a special thanks to you, Andy & Lena as Admins. I truly love this environment!!
... and we at tFS love having members such as yourself on tFS.

27-06-2005
a dim capacity for wings

thank you for your honest and good opinions everyone
i'm off to practise

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
good, mod, qualities, takes