How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2005
I love model_mom!

I love reading this thread - great topic. There are so many great comments. Thanks everyone!

27-06-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten
One more thing: I don't think mods/admins should be sending out negative karma/reputation. Such criticism should be handled through PM in my opinion. On the other hand, I think mods/admins have a duty to use positive karma as a way to encourage members
have you gotten negative karma from our team Hipkitten?
if so, kindly PM me personally with details will you?

much appreciated

27-06-2005
Rebaptising my badness

I actually got negative karma from someone of the team, in the early days of the karma system. In fact, it was the only time I ever got negative karma.

flaunt the imperfection

as far as i know...
when andy first turned the karma system on and many of our 'less mature' members were having difficulty with the transition...and the new system...

the mods all agreed that the 'negative karma' option should be turned off and that it should only be possible to give 'positive karma' as reinforcement for contributing members ...

i don't even think that giving negative karma has been an option for about 6 months...
it was only an option for about a minute...ages ago...no?...

27-06-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry daiquiri
I think a good mod should post as much as they moderate. Member first - moderator second.
totally with you miss strawberry

nemova, i think we asked you for PMs , not for public reply
so please, kindly proceed

27-06-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Maybe as a punishment for the less mature. All I know is that I got negative karma from my long rant on that old thread about the changes. It was ages ago, I was over it two seconds later and I just brought this up as an example. I really understand what the whole karma system is about, a long time ago I made the wise decision of giving karma away and I'm happy I did it. It feels good and it certainly helped getting over the negative feedback I got from my opinions.

And, to stay on topic, I think a mod needs, more than anything, to not have an attitude. Being kind and understanding, and stepping in whenever necessary. Being disciplinary without being dictatorial.

Last edited by Nemova; 27-06-2005 at 08:52 PM.
27-06-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
And, to stay on topic, I think a mod needs, more than anything, to not have an attitude. Being kind and understanding, and stepping in whenever necessary. Being disciplinary without being dictatorial.
agreed nemova

27-06-2005
V.I.P.

is there a way to give feedback on certain mods? i understand you can give them karma, but feedback that is both positive and negative w/ explanations?

27-06-2005
etre soi-meme

just use your PM travolta.
we are all open to creative criticisism, can only improve our contribution

27-06-2005
trendsetter

I think a mod and Admin, needs to love shoes and of course Oria

Seriously, I think you guys do a great job, all of you, I can't imagine the time and patience it takes to run and help run a site like this. With all these unique personalities

I think most here are fair, and respectful. I think I would only be turned-off if one abused their power in any way, which I haven't seen. But yes fair, honest, but still opionated. I don't think mods or admins should have to curb their opinions because of the position, just fair and honest.

Day Dreaming

You all ask for honesty.. I gave it to you. Please expect nothing less from me!
My goal is to help make this community the best fashion forum and without all of you, tFS is nothing!

02-07-2005
crossed wires.

I agree with the majority of the posts here, a mod should be constructive, have common sense, be fair, knowledgable (of the website itself), a knowledge of different areas of fashion is a bonus, non biased, and have the courtesy to treat members with respect, and have a sense of humour about certain situations rather than getting as already noted in this thread...personally involved or immature.

The mods and admin team to a great job here, and this forum would be awash with all kinds of spam, OT discussions, and no doubt hostility. I really appreciate the jobs all you guys do here

Day Dreaming

Thanks FFF , greatly appreciated!!

02-07-2005
V.I.P.

What an awesome thread, I will definitely be taking into consideration the comments made here.

Lovely idea to make this thread MM.

02-07-2005
tfs star

The ability to leave negative karma is set on a usergroup basis. The mods and admins can currently leave negative karma. I think it is a decent way to nicely tell a member that they are not in compliance with a rule. But I also understand if you all think this should not be allowed. (I think this topic should be it's own discussion).
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
as far as i know...
when andy first turned the karma system on and many of our 'less mature' members were having difficulty with the transition...and the new system...

the mods all agreed that the 'negative karma' option should be turned off and that it should only be possible to give 'positive karma' as reinforcement for contributing members ...

i don't even think that giving negative karma has been an option for about 6 months...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
good, mod, qualities, takes