How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2005
flaunt the imperfection

who knew?...

02-07-2005
& b

Being able to chug 10 cans of beer and still be able to moderate

Im so kidding'

V.I.P.

^

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Wow, I came across this thread accidentally when I was looking for some help on my profile setting (still can't figure this out aaaargh!!)

It's been so interesting reading all of this!

For the most part, I know the mods always try to do the right thing which is much appreciated.

But I've observed sometimes a mod intentionally doesn't step in and chooses not to get involved in a brewing dispute which can escalate...when a friend of theirs is involved. They just let it be. Sorry, just my honest opinion.

Last edited by Meg; 10-08-2005 at 09:02 AM.
10-08-2005
Adorable illusion

A good Mod has to be FAIR

10-08-2005
Day Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Wow, I came across this thread accidentally when I was looking for some help on my profile setting (still can't figure this out aaaargh!!)

It's been so interesting reading all of this!

For the most part, I know the mods always try to do the right thing which is much appreciated.

But I've observed sometimes a mod intentionally doesn't step in and chooses not to get involved in a brewing dispute which can escalate...when a friend of theirs is involved. They just let it be. Sorry, just my honest opinion.
Like who?

10-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

23-09-2005
backstage pass

I good mod is not bitchy about everything!!!!

- Leo Buscaglia
24-09-2005
V.I.P.

A good mod is special. They spend plenty of their own personal time to fix mistakes answer PM's in the best way they can,keep the peace, look for trouble,dodge personal attacks,contribute to the forum and still have fun and mingle with the members. We are so blessed to have some of the best.

25-09-2005
fashion icon

Someone who can realize that just because they think a post is useless doesn't mean that the 10 thousand other visitors find it useless.

If a topic is being discussed its because its of interest to some members. And there is nothing more irritating than having topics closed and deleted just because one person finds them useless or inappropriate for the supposed professionals that visit this site. If this site is for professionals then why do we have 12 year old and 18 year old posting stupidities?

They have to use good judgment. People who can't accept/respect other people's interests and opinions should not be moderating a site with a lot of different individuals.

Last edited by CelineChic; 25-09-2005 at 03:05 AM.
25-09-2005
V.I.P.

Celine this is like me coming to your wedding and telling you how to run it.

All decisions made about deleting or closing a topic are not made by one person but are discussed and decided for the good of the forum. If we spent all day trying to please everyone the tFS forum would be a disaster.

As far as your comment about the 12 to 18 year olds on this forum,many of them are more fashion savy and intelligent than I am....and for the ones who are not,you figure out a way to filter them out and let us know.

25-09-2005
about to fall or fly

thanks, model_mom. it's true that when a thread is considered for deletion or moderation, it comes up in moderator discussion and we often spend days talking about exactly how to go about moderating it before any action is taken. often, when we do decide to do something, it's because the thread is offensive, inappropriate in some way (sexually, politically, etc) or in bad taste. of course the argument can be made that why should we be deciding what is offensive, inappropriate or in bad taste for the rest of the forum? because we are moderators, it's our job. we look at all sides of a situation and decide the best course of action. i have not seen one hasty decision being made since i've become a mod, and we certainly don't just close a thread because we find it generally pointless or useless.

Last edited by .francesca; 25-09-2005 at 12:32 PM.
25-09-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
Celine this is like me coming to your wedding and telling you how to run it.
I disagree, it is more like you coming to my wedding and me asking you for your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
You asked for opinions, no?

I gave mine. You can take it into consideration or write it off completely. I had no intention of telling or forcing you to do anything...just simply giving my opinion which you asked for. Thought it would help.

Last edited by CelineChic; 25-09-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
good, mod, qualities, takes