How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2009
V.I.P.

Yes - seriously though, I couldn't afford to spend $125 on a new scanner right now either if my old one is still working.

But, like you said, getting an A3 scanner is the easiest way to deal with the larger pages!

29-08-2009
backstage pass

Thanks for all the reactions!!! This is actually my first scan. Feedback is much appreciated before I post the complete series!!!

Missy by Juergen Teller

29-08-2009
V.I.P.

Nice high res pic. Not sure if it's the picture or your settings ... but there is so little contrast between her skin and the white background that she disappears /// at lease amost everything except her hair, her eyes and her skirt.. It might be what Jurgen intended ... is that how it looked in the original?

26-02-2010
V.I.P.

I'm having a problem with my scanner. Recently I have started to notices lines down the one side of the finished scan:
Is my scanner on the brink of braking? Does anyone know how to fix it?

*scan by vogue28

V.I.P.

Oh my god! I didn't know there was a topic about scanners!!!!! I'm looking to buy a multifonction printer (probably Canon pixma MP550) ....I'm going to read this topic right now!!

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
I'm having a problem with my scanner. Recently I have started to notices lines down the one side of the finished scan:
Is my scanner on the brink of braking? Does anyone know how to fix it?

*scan by vogue28
It might be that the scanning mirror is dirty. You can clean it yourself, but be careful.

26-02-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for that tip MMA. What exactly is the scanning mirror? The glass sheet? Or underneath?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
Oh my god! I didn't know there was a topic about scanners!!!!! I'm looking to buy a multifonction printer (probably Canon pixma MP550) ....I'm going to read this topic right now!!
I have an MP800 - nearly the same as the 500. The scanner is a dream, and it's so handy to have a printer built in too. Takes up less precious space in the room!

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Thanks for that tip MMA. What exactly is the scanning mirror? The glass sheet? Or underneath?
It's on the inside. Under the scanner bulb. You might want to have someone with experience check it, or take it it an authorized repair place.

If you try to do it yourself & you don't get the mirror back in the correct position, the scanner won't work properly.

26-02-2010
V.I.P.

Hello sasha
I need to buy a printer and, well, I'm going to buy a multifonction printer! (It will be my first multifonction printer)
And the scanner is quite an important point for me but I don't want to spend a lot of money.
I found this canon mp550 which seems to be a good one for a "low" price.
The scanner is 2400x4800 dpi, so it seems to be not bad. Unfortunately I have never seen scans made with this printer
Finger cross...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
Hello sasha
I need to buy a printer and, well, I'm going to buy a multifonction printer! (It will be my first multifonction printer)
And the scanner is quite an important point for me but I don't want to spend a lot of money.
I found this canon mp550 which seems to be a good one for a "low" price.
The scanner is 2400x4800 dpi, so it seems to be not bad. Unfortunately I have never seen scans made with this printer
Finger cross...
Well - the scanner sounds exactly the same to the one that comes in the MP800, same resolution etc. You can find my scans all over the place if you want an example of scans from this scanner! Feel free to PM me if you want me to send you some.

V.I.P.

Aww thanks sasha.

fashion insider

Anyone know which scanners are large enough to accomadate the larger format, old school W magazines?

When I got my horrible Cannon MX310 the retard Best Buy SA told me that the scanner had a removable piece that allowed for larger sized scans when it actually does no such thing. To top it all off the scan quality on skintones and magazine white space is horrendous. I have to do a lot of time consuming editing to get a somewhat recognizable scan.

I've read that EPSON R 200 is one of the best? Anyone have experience with these?

17-02-2011
you soft and only

What's the best way to actually tear apart a magazine to scan?

17-02-2011
V.I.P.

Depends on how the magazine is bound. If it's stapled, take the staples out and cut the pages on the crease.

If it's glue-bound, like Vogue or most thicker magazines, I use a very sharp stanley knife and cut through the spine of the magazine one or two pages before the ones I want to take out. Then once you've cut through the spine, you can lift the pages off the little glue edge very easily with minimal damage.

This, of course, ruins the entire magazine, but it's the best way to get complete pages, especially if you're scanning them and they include double-page spreads. If you don't want to wreck the magazine, I'd say just cut them out with a stanley knife as close to the gutter as possible.

Hope that all makes sense, it's hard to explain!

Tags
scanner, scanning, tips, tricks