How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevrier View Post
i really wish he designed for men.
& no, his T by A.W. doesn't count bc it's only like basic white tees and basic hoodies.
He showed an entire collection of men's clothes for fall 2010 for his mainline. It's avialable for pre-order at Luisaviaroma.

Though it's just basic sportswear. Nothing exciting or cutting-edge.

17-09-2010
backstage pass

I already posted this in the designers and collections thread but I'm posting it here just in case...

Are there any fake dresses floating about?
I bought this dress:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...d=141623805276
It hasn't arrived yet but I'm wondering what you guys think, does it look authentic? I won't be too pressed if it's fake considering that it was pretty cheap to how much I would've payed but I don't know how to tell real from fake

18-09-2010
V.I.P.

I know there are definitely fake Wang bags and shoes floating around, but I doubt anyone would bother making fake dresses, since they're not that recognizable anyway. But I've seen A. Wang clothes on sale with 70% off and such, so I'm guessing you have the same situation here. Maybe the dress is second season? Or there's some sort of a defect on it which was too minor to mention. And since the original tags aren't attached anymore the seller wouldn't be able to sell it at full price anyway.

18-09-2010
backstage pass

I think it's from SS10 and they keep on restocking them, I just wondered where they were getting them from. But yeah they probably have a minor defect or something, not that I mind!

19-09-2010
fashion icon

^^^ I wonder the same thing. I've been eyeing off a dress from the same seller for a while, and they keep on restocking - how can they have so many?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alexander-Wang...item800f2d643e

19-09-2010
backstage pass

Yeah... I don't get it. Maybe they just had little defects that you can barely even notice and so I they got them really cheaply or something like that! Mine came yesterday and I do really love it.

22-09-2010
windowshopping

To those with T by Alexander Wang dresses... how do you wear them? I bought a WHITE T dress (which I realize now was a mistake) and it's so sheer...! I feel like I need a dress to put underneath his T dress. It still has the tag as I can't for the life of me figure out how to style it.

23-09-2010
V.I.P.

^It took me quite a while to figure out how to wear the T by Alexander Wang tank tops, too I thought wearing another transparent layer underneath would work well, but it doesn't, so now I usually wear a leather bikini top or some other cute lace lingerie underneath. Not sure if something like that would work with the dress, too.
But I have a sheer dress from another brand that I always wear with another very thin and sheer dress underneath and it looks fine there.

23-09-2010
windowshopping

Thanks for the reply Psylocke! Ahhh... I mean I thought of the idea of a slip underneath but it's still going to be noticeable I think, which will be even more awkward. At this point I'm thinking of just using the dress as a tucked in white tank, even though I really want to sport it as a dress.

19-02-2012
fashion icon

Let's revive this thread..I know that all of you guys are still buying Wang pieces!

V.I.P.

alexander wang clothing has been faked, and quite a lot of fake dresses are on ebay now. (i accidentally bought two of them )

i have this cashmere/lambskin moto jacket and it is amazing. it hits right at the thigh. (stylehive)

i love wang's leather pieces!

if i ever get pregnant i think i would like some of my maternity clothes to be T by Alexander wang. a lot of it seems really comfy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alexandermoto.jpg (54.6 KB, 3 views)

windowshopping

I have three bags by AW and a few pieces of clothing. Recently purchased the marled black ruched skirt from his T line. LOVE it. So soft and stylish. I can dress it up or down.

20-03-2012
backstage pass

I really love the Diego bucket bag. However, I have the first gen. coco duffel and have had problems with the leather ripping. (I emailed customer service but they require so many steps it's almost too much of a bother)... How does the Diego hold up? Worth it?

24-03-2012
girl who fell to earth

my diego has been holding up pretty well so far, but the leather isn't great along the piping around the bottom of the bag...
it rubbed away pretty quickly, just from rubbing againt my clothes etc i think?
it's not like it touches the ground, since the spiky bottom prevents that even if i do put it down

18-04-2012
rising star

What's CS like in his SoHo store like? Haven't made the trip yet.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, wang