How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksanochka Vanmra View Post
I have that dress in black too!!

I absolutely LOVE All Saints. When I was in Glasgow last year I spent most of the time saving money to buy stuff there, haha. Now I miss that shop so much...

I love how most of the things in the shop are black/grey/white, and how you can't really tell if something belongs to the summer collection or the winter one. The rock vibe and how things are cut are lovely... Thank God my boyfriend lives in Dublin and there's All Saints there!
I also have that dress in black. This is the problem with all saints, they went from being small, to saturating the market. I have been told that they have put up prices, but cut down on quality, and because there isn't a huge range but so many shops, people are wearing the same stuff everywhere.

I preferred it when it was more exclusive, but really, if I'm honest, I'd rather see lovely westwood esque stuff like this on people than rubbish from river island.

06-10-2008
fashion insider

^Oh, that's not so good. I only recently discovered the brand, and I am crazy about some of their designs but their prices are a bit steep for me. I was going to ask how the quality holds up against the price?

06-10-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
^ I just had a look at the snood and I NEED it but £75 is a lot of money Let me know if you think its worth the money or not
It's definitely a lot of money for me too, not something I would normally consider paying for a cardigan or a scarf. But I decided that since in the end I'm probably going to spend the money on clothes anyway, I might as well get a few more expensive items I really like, instead of many cheaper ones that'll just do. Also, I admit to having the problem of relieving work stress by shopping...

As for quality, so far I only have the black dress that retails for £90 (got it off ebay for half of that though), and while I can't find any fault with it, I don't really see why it should be more expensive than other high street stores. On the other hand, there are only so many ways to do a 100% cotton dress so maybe the better quality is more noticeable with knitwear? I hope so anyway!

Does anyone know where they make their clothing?

06-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
^Oh, that's not so good. I only recently discovered the brand, and I am crazy about some of their designs but their prices are a bit steep for me. I was going to ask how the quality holds up against the price?
The designs are really beautiful, and they're unusual for a mass produced brand. The quality though is another thing. I have bought several jumpers from them, all of which have fallen apart and got holes after about four months. The skirts have been great though, and my dresses look good still.

E bay is rife with all saints, so I would go with that if I were you, if you can get a discount do, otherwise save for the sales, i've picked up lovely bargains that way.

06-10-2008
fashion insider

I used to buy a LOT of things from All Saints but I slowly discovered that it's like some hipster“s paradise, overpriced and they do always season after season versions of the same things.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 06-10-2008 at 01:30 PM.
06-10-2008
tfs star

it's only good when there's a sale on. for what the shop is, it's waaaaay overpriced and half the stuff just looks like someone put it in the tumble drier and ruined it...

09-10-2008
backstage pass

I love all saints, but to me, it is the poor man's Vivienne Westwood.

And it is overpriced for a bit of excess fabric there or a fold here.

If you wish to know my feelings about the masses, they seem to be suffering from an excess "m".
09-10-2008
front row

Theres some great pieces in All Saints, but I agree that its overpriced!

Those damn belts though, with the words in studs.. oh how they anger me.. that trend got SO out of hand. Why would you pay so much??

11-10-2008
front row

I was checking out All Saints's website, and I have to say, it's a little pricey. Is it marketed to the College set? If so, wow, guys and girls in the UK have lots of dough!

11-10-2008
rising star

I got my Bryony Hitch dress in black today (again, cheaper via ebay, though NWT) and I have to say that the construction, the details, the workmanship IMHO do justify the price somewhat. I don't know where they have their clothes made and where the supplies come from, perhaps they don't use as cheap sources as some other clothing chains do?

Luckily I've yet to see anyone wear any All Saints where I live!

13-10-2008
V.I.P.

I love All Saints, when I can afford it. They are a bit overpriced but I love the cuts and their stuff usually fits me perfectly

13-10-2008
rising star

Okay, I got my All Saints package today, so here's a product report.

The Pirate cardigan - It's very nice and soft, and touching it, it does feel like a quality item. Time will tell how it lasts through wears and washes. But if you like the look and don't want to cough up £75 for it, there are plenty of cheaper cardigans of that type. You can add the poppers yourself, after all.

(I actually ordered the 100% merino wool version, but they sent me the 70% wool, 30% silk one (same style, colour, and price though). But I'm thinking I might keep it regardless, probably easier to clean and care for.)

The Ivona schnood - £45 is way too much to spend on neckwear for me, and this will probably be the only time ever that I do this, but OMG! It's so soft and huge and warm and it gets really cold here in winter, you know! At least that's what I shall tell my bank account when it looks at me accusingly for the rest of the month...

But seriously, while the cardigan is okay, I do recommend the schnood. It's certainly not good enough to go into debt for, but if I had to, I'd definitely be willing to eat insta-noodles for its sake for a few weeks.

14-10-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle s'ennuie View Post
Okay, I got my All Saints package today, so here's a product report.

The Pirate cardigan - It's very nice and soft, and touching it, it does feel like a quality item. Time will tell how it lasts through wears and washes. But if you like the look and don't want to cough up £75 for it, there are plenty of cheaper cardigans of that type. You can add the poppers yourself, after all.

(I actually ordered the 100% merino wool version, but they sent me the 70% wool, 30% silk one (same style, colour, and price though). But I'm thinking I might keep it regardless, probably easier to clean and care for.)

The Ivona schnood - £45 is way too much to spend on neckwear for me, and this will probably be the only time ever that I do this, but OMG! It's so soft and huge and warm and it gets really cold here in winter, you know! At least that's what I shall tell my bank account when it looks at me accusingly for the rest of the month...

But seriously, while the cardigan is okay, I do recommend the schnood. It's certainly not good enough to go into debt for, but if I had to, I'd definitely be willing to eat insta-noodles for its sake for a few weeks.
I'm totally interested in the pirate cardigan. I didn't know it existed in two versions though.

27-10-2008
front row

They have great leather jackets! And the dresses are fantastic too

28-10-2008
backstage pass

I bought a fabulous corset dress there last weekend and got twenty percent off. I was made up, it's stunning!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
saints