How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
30-05-2006
  166
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
GG, they haven't added the womenswear yet.. they will probably in a couple of days

  Reply With Quote
 
30-05-2006
  167
front row
 
Avantster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 406
After seeing runner's pics, I actually would really like to see the womenswear selection on LVR as well.

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  168
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
i'm sooooo getting the entire ann d. f/w collection when i'm on the continent in sept.

i'm planning on the ex vat prices being close to half off in paris.

i must laugh. muahahahahaha....

p.s.: i am living in my new ann d. tops....

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  169
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
i'm sooooo getting the entire ann d. f/w collection when i'm on the continent in sept.

i'm planning on the ex vat prices being close to half off in paris.

i must laugh. muahahahahaha....

p.s.: i am living in my new ann d. tops....
Don't count on it. It's nice to entertain the thought, though...

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  170
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
^^
Oh yeah.. that is so unfair with the ex vat prices... :p
I wish I lived outside EU..

What kind of tops did you get?


Last edited by Baizilla; 30-05-2006 at 11:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  171
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
faust: oh nnnnooooo!! you don't think they will be half off?? i get vanessa bruno for less than half US prices in paris and prada for almost half off in italy!

baizaillia: i got a sleeveless top in black and white...they are bias cut, all cotton with like a rip in the shoulder....nothing really fancy but just so subtle and beautiful to me....

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  172
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
Sounds great...

( baizaillia <-- hihi )

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  173
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
sorry i butchered your name. must improve.

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  174
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
faust: oh nnnnooooo!! you don't think they will be half off?? i get vanessa bruno for less than half US prices in paris and prada for almost half off in italy!
Not in my experience, and I've shopped for it in Antwerp (Antwerp > Paris). In my experience, it's 30% off, at best (and the whole VAT thing is a hassle, you know). The $ just sucks so badly today (and it will get worse).

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  175
follow the lights
 
Baizilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,957
Faust is right, you can't get it half off..

The Paris VAT is 19,6%


Last edited by Baizilla; 30-05-2006 at 12:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  176
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Not in my experience, and I've shopped for it in Antwerp (Antwerp > Paris). In my experience, it's 30% off, at best (and the whole VAT thing is a hassle, you know). The $ just sucks so badly today (and it will get worse).
well that's good you have managed my expectations! i think 30% off at the beginning of the season is still quite fabulous, don't you?

well you and certainly all the hedge fund mgrs agree, but i am a contrarian market timer...i think the $ will tank AFTER i charge my [fingers crossed] walk-in birkin and all other necessary "travel expenditures" including ann d., dries van noten, prada.

oh no, i can hear my husband screaming now.

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  177
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizilla
Faust is right, you can't get it half off..

The Paris VAT is 19,6%
Out of which, you'll pay about 3-5% in fees for VAT processing.

Positano, I've had various experiences shopping abroad. Like you, I've gotten some French brands in Paris quite cheap (I remember buying a pair of Stephan Kelian shoes close to half off of NYC prices). With Ann, it's different - I guess her prices are pretty tightly controlled. It's slightly cheaper, but not by much.

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  178
tfs star
 
ilovepositano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: U.S. and A (in the words of Borat)
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,942
oh hey faust and any others, is there such a thing as the holy grail ANN D. OUTLET OR FACTORY?

i believe because i have seen the Prada factory in montevarchi with my own eyes (every year for the last six years, lol)

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  179
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
well that's good you have managed my expectations! i think 30% off at the beginning of the season is still quite fabulous, don't you?

well you and certainly all the hedge fund mgrs agree, but i am a contrarian market timer...i think the $ will tank AFTER i charge my [fingers crossed] walk-in birkin and all other necessary "travel expenditures" including ann d., dries van noten, prada.

oh no, i can hear my husband screaming now.
Good luck!

BTW, why not take a day trip to Antwerp, while in Paris? It's a 2.5 hour ride - the bus is quite cheap. I think it's worth it, and not just for shopping (besides, the selection at Ann's store there is absolutely unbeatable, because dept. stores tend to buy little of her collection). Antwerp is beautiful

  Reply With Quote
30-05-2006
  180
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
oh hey faust and any others, is there such a thing as the holy grail ANN D. OUTLET OR FACTORY?

i believe because i have seen the Prada factory in montevarchi with my own eyes (every year for the last six years, lol)
No, but there are stock sales in Antwerp, kinda like our sample sales.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ann, demeulemeester, shopping, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.