How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit
Apart from ' vintage ' Claude Montana and Yves Saint Laurent , when appropriate , I am MOST comfortable in Issey Miyake , Yohji Yamamoto and Marithe et Francois Girbaud .

I do have FAR TOO many clothes . I've always been a fashion junkie , with guilt and shame now being my ' reward ' , for extravagance .
we all know those feelings of shame & guilt Kit....I am in the midst of severe pangs of them at the moment. But shame & guilt must be better than not realising how disgusting we are in our extravagance I think.

I can imagine you in Miyake and yohji.

10-05-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

all the big london stores dropped the ann d line because her clothing overpriced for construction and cloth ( i mean over $600 for an unlined cotton jacket last summer!) - only yamamoto can get away with that because he was once considered a genius.

aside, remember that henry beguelin never took off in the uk either when they attepted a relauch last year. ( which of course meant i got a load of the stuff at discount)

10-05-2005
trendsetter

^ are you saying Ann isnt a genious!? :p

that shop up in manchester sounds a bit sŁ$t + i'm never going to manchester again - ever! (bad experience)
thanks for all the help, i'll check out Liberties next time i make a trip to london and i'm seriously thinking about going to Antwerp or Paris (though i dont speak any of the languages and i'm pretty bad at math so the whole pricing thing is gonna be difficult lol) just for the shoes

Actually i'm planning on making a trip to NY this summer (hopefully sale time) so i may have to check out the stuff there (i notice faust lives there and saw in the personal style thread that he wears a lot of Ann Dem)

I'm dying for some shoes and my parents have agreed to get me some because i just got accepted at a really really really good fashion school :p

10-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
^ are you saying Ann isnt a genious!? :p

that shop up in manchester sounds a bit sŁ$t + i'm never going to manchester again - ever! (bad experience)
thanks for all the help, i'll check out Liberties next time i make a trip to london and i'm seriously thinking about going to Antwerp or Paris (though i dont speak any of the languages and i'm pretty bad at math so the whole pricing thing is gonna be difficult lol) just for the shoes

Actually i'm planning on making a trip to NY this summer (hopefully sale time) so i may have to check out the stuff there (i notice faust lives there and saw in the personal style thread that he wears a lot of Ann Dem)

I'm dying for some shoes and my parents have agreed to get me some because i just got accepted at a really really really good fashion school :p
Agreed with the first comment

Ha! That's because your parents don't know how much those boots will cost them!

New York does not have much to offer either in terms of Ann's menswear. My favorite store, Atelier, has a very good selection, but aside from that the pickings are next to nothing. Jeffrey will buy literally 2-3 pieces (surprisingly they always buy her footwear, though). There was another store, Bagutta that carried Ann, but it looks like they are out of business.

On another note, Ann's footwear is pretty much unisex (one of my pair of boots came from the women's dept, they are identical to the mens), so maybe it's worth for you to check the women's section out. This will expand the stocklist considerably. In NYC you get Barneys, Saks, and Bergdorf Goodman. I wouldn't be surprised if the London dept. stores still have the women's collections as well.

BTW, what size are you? Atelier has been trying to get rid of a pair of Ann's boots from a year ago. They are motorcycle boots with 3 buckles, made of incredibly soft, drooping distressed leather, 1/2 price, size 43 EU I believe.

Last edited by faust; 10-05-2005 at 01:58 PM.
10-05-2005
V.I.P.

Dammit, if they were 41, they'd be mine.

11-05-2005
trendsetter

i'm a size 42.5 i wonder if i called the store i could see them and if i liked them buy them and have them shipped over, though one question if they're half price why havnt you snapped them up? lol

11-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
i'm a size 42.5 i wonder if i called the store i could see them and if i liked them buy them and have them shipped over, though one question if they're half price why havnt you snapped them up? lol
Because they are not my size, duh!!!
Do you want me to call the store for you? I have a very good relationship with them.

11-05-2005
trendsetter

^ lol yeah i probably should have thought of that but for half price i'd MAKE them fit

its nice of you to offer to call the store for me but do you know what season the boots are from or possibly a picture? also, i read in the Ann Dem riding boot thread that her shoes run larger than usual so i'm not sure if they'd fit but like i said i may have to MAKE them fit - to check first

11-05-2005
V.I.P.

Is it these? I'd love to find these in my size. Either way, what season are these from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ann Demeulemeester boots 2.jpg (19.9 KB, 13 views)

11-05-2005
V.I.P.

Yep, it's these. I think they are from A/W 2003 originally, and I think she made them for S/S 04 as well.

I have two pairs of Ann's boots, one in 39, one in 40, so there is no way I can make a 43 fit.

Last edited by faust; 11-05-2005 at 06:19 PM.
12-05-2005
V.I.P.

It's a men's 43? I wear a 41, unfortunately.

12-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
It's a men's 43? I wear a 41, unfortunately.
yep.

17-02-2006
fashion icon

aloha rag will be selling some of this collection online too

www.aloharag.com

I really want the black stretch jacket on there and the pinstripe pants on LVR.

20-02-2006
backstage pass

I went to Alan Bilzerian's today and was WAY surprised that they carried Ann for men! I tried on this slightly short cut black extended/faux-french cuff dress shirt that had 8% metallics in the fabric to give it a slight shine and a stiff body. Also tried on the wide legged sueded cotton pants with the waist straps. They had them only in black

... and I bought both items

The pants are just plain beautiful and the shirt rocks!

Tried on a GORGEOUS LMaltieri medium weight jacket with extended sleeve linings that went past the cuff and over the hands. It was sooooo nice but I couldn't justify the $1800 price tag.... plus it was 1 size too small

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
I went to Alan Bilzerian's today and was WAY surprised that they carried Ann for men! I tried on this slightly short cut black extended/faux-french cuff dress shirt that had 8% metallics in the fabric to give it a slight shine and a stiff body. Also tried on the wide legged sueded cotton pants with the waist straps. They had them only in black

... and I bought both items

The pants are just plain beautiful and the shirt rocks!

Tried on a GORGEOUS LMaltieri medium weight jacket with extended sleeve linings that went past the cuff and over the hands. It was sooooo nice but I couldn't justify the $1800 price tag.... plus it was 1 size too small
Nice! Post pics if you can

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ann, demeulemeester, shopping, thread