How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2006
backstage pass

Absolutely! I also saw some Ann jeans... they were slim cut acid wash blue jeans with dark dark gray paint over the entire thing. Kinda weird to be honest with you.

Gonna try the items on tonight and see if the girlfriend likes them hahaha.

20-02-2006
backstage pass

both purchases sound really nice Chinor1z. Would like to see pics from you too. Especially the pants.

faust - the Ann D. jkt you picked on the shopaholic is really cool. Would fit well in your wordrobe.

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
both purchases sound really nice Chinor1z. Would like to see pics from you too. Especially the pants.

faust - the Ann D. jkt you picked on the shopaholic is really cool. Would fit well in your wordrobe.
Oh, I did not buy it... yet...

20-02-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
I did a little spring preview yesterday, and I would like to share my in-person impressions (and I would also encourage everyone to do the same, becaues it provides a better critique). I'll start with Ann's menswear. It's expensive . The fabrics are very nice and "easy", washed, lots of slightly crumpled cuttons. I liked the assymetric pale pink sweater best (I think that's the one on LVR or Aloha, don't remember which). It's $440, and it looks so effortless, yet complicated, with those assymetrical seams, and a little skewed fit. I saw lots of shirts, but shirts usually leave me cold. The laceless shoes rocked, and they actually come with the laces, so you can wear them either way. There was also a leather jacket/blazer, and the leather was incredibly light ($2.8k).
Thx Faust!
Anyone know where I can find the afformentioned sweater on Aloha Rag in another color?

21-02-2006
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
I went to Alan Bilzerian's today and was WAY surprised that they carried Ann for men! I tried on this slightly short cut black extended/faux-french cuff dress shirt that had 8% metallics in the fabric to give it a slight shine and a stiff body. Also tried on the wide legged sueded cotton pants with the waist straps. They had them only in black

... and I bought both items

The pants are just plain beautiful and the shirt rocks!
I almost bought the jacket of the same material as your shirt, with the high buttoned vent, and the really long sleeves. I just couldn't do the $1200 right then, though. I'm still thinking on it. I'd like to know what Atelier is selling it for, too..

21-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
I almost bought the jacket of the same material as your shirt, with the high buttoned vent, and the really long sleeves. I just couldn't do the $1200 right then, though. I'm still thinking on it. I'd like to know what Atelier is selling it for, too..
I'm going to be in NYC this weekend so I can let you know. based on airboyair's general pricing info, it seems like Bilzerian prices on the same level as Barneys at least.

I didn't go in expecting to drop a g, but ah well... "retail therapy" right? makes you feel good I'm still thinking over that carpe jacket... uff if they only had my size it would be a seriously hard decision. Why can't it just be 30% cheaper?

I'm wearing the Ann shirt today. The girlfriend loves it and loves the pants

21-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
So Bilzerian has a new SA named Mook. Asian kid, very mellow. I like going through him since we're sort of on the same wavelength. Don't know if you are loyal to an SA there, but you should talk to him. Cool dude.

21-02-2006
no photos, no photos

faust--where did you see the lace less shoes??? were you in my neighb' and didn't stop by.......if you weren't at Jeffery's I'm curious where else they have them and how much they are?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purechris
faust--where did you see the lace less shoes??? were you in my neighb' and didn't stop by.......if you weren't at Jeffery's I'm curious where else they have them and how much they are?
Oh, no, you are breaking my heart! Do you think I'd go to Jeffrey and not see you?!

I was at IF. I think they were $598 or $498. I don't remember exactly They had them both in black and off-white. And they apparently do come with laces, so you can wear them with or without the laces.

21-02-2006
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
So Bilzerian has a new SA named Mook. Asian kid, very mellow. I like going through him since we're sort of on the same wavelength. Don't know if you are loyal to an SA there, but you should talk to him. Cool dude.
Um, what an unfortunate name.

I deal mostly with Alan. I'm also trying to eschew the "retail therapy" philosophy and not spend any money. OK, not quite as much money. Well, I'll just settle for spending less money, really.

21-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
Um, what an unfortunate name.

I deal mostly with Alan. I'm also trying to eschew the "retail therapy" philosophy and not spend any money. OK, not quite as much money. Well, I'll just settle for spending less money, really.
Hahaha, yeah I thought that too. Alan has always been nice, but "flighty".

Anyways, I hear you on the retail therapy philosophy. Just needed some new pieces and to feel a bit better before med school interview on friday

Back on the topic... I wonder why aloharag picked up really odd/boring Ann pieces. The leather jacket is nice, but everything else is kinda blah.

21-02-2006
V.I.P.

Aloharag is getting the necklace version of that key pendant thingy Faust posted above within the next couple weeks. I might buy it. If anyone else wants one, be sure to snatch it up quickly, or it'll be gone.

21-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
Aloharag is getting the necklace version of that key pendant thingy Faust posted above within the next couple weeks. I might buy it. If anyone else wants one, be sure to snatch it up quickly, or it'll be gone.
Inside info, eh?

21-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
It's $1075 at Barneys.

Arturo, Barneys has that sweater in the light blue palette. It feels really nice.

21-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Arturo, Barneys has that sweater in the light blue palette. It feels really nice.
I want! But somehow I doubt Barney's has it in XXS like Aloharag does.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ann, demeulemeester, shopping, thread