How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2009
front row

Can anyone attest to the sizing of her f08 boots? Particularly the heeled triple lace ones. I'm usually a 38, but I got the lace-up sandals from S09 in a 37.5, but in the boots should I go smaller (37?) Do they truly fit 1 size smaller? Thanks for any help

12-09-2009
V.I.P.

if you are a full 38 one whole size might be ify but if you are sometimes a 37.5/38 then 37 would most likely work. i am 36.5/37 and wear 36's for both seasons shoes you mentioned. hope that helps.

12-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
if you are a full 38 one whole size might be ify but if you are sometimes a 37.5/38 then 37 would most likely work. i am 36.5/37 and wear 36's for both seasons shoes you mentioned. hope that helps.
Hmmm, yes sometimes I do wear 7.5... thanks for your help!

12-09-2009
backstage pass

lucky! Fantastic top. I love the versatility of the button tops, and the pattern adds an extra special touch. Thanks for posting pics.

steph - to 2nd lucky, a full size in the triple lace boots might be too big. I'm a true size 38, and wear a 37.5 in the ss08 lace up boots and fw08 boots. The only time I size down a whole size is when the toe box is really wide (i.e. riding boots, or moto boot from last season).

12-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona13 View Post
lucky! Fantastic top. I love the versatility of the button tops, and the pattern adds an extra special touch. Thanks for posting pics.

steph - to 2nd lucky, a full size in the triple lace boots might be too big. I'm a true size 38, and wear a 37.5 in the ss08 lace up boots and fw08 boots. The only time I size down a whole size is when the toe box is really wide (i.e. riding boots, or moto boot from last season).
Thanks for the additional advice! I always hate it when shoes are just a bit too small. Now I just have to find those damn boots! One day :p There was a 37 in the short triple lace version (with the stiletto heel) on ebay, but I'm thinking they will be too small for me.

13-09-2009
Frozen irony.

I saw a good selection of Ann at Dover Street market... everything is so beautiful, I wish I could afford it all.

21-09-2009
botanizing on the asphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
i'm out of my mind with leather these daze (first the owens skirt and now these)...found ann d. leather leggings on ebay last night and grabbed them. hoping the size 38 will fit and that i will wear them, not usually a legging person but may give leather ones a go.
how are you liking these, luckyme?

is the length difficult to deal with?

V.I.P.

laika, they fit right into my lifestyle because of the fit mostly. not a clingy legging at all, slim through the hips and thigh but looser around the knee down without the pogo stick effect. cant beat the versatility if you want an extra layer under tunics, dresses or even shorts. even though im not a tall girl i wear them comfortably with a bunch around the bottom, perhaps because of the slimmer profile around the calf/ankle it looks good, even a tad nifty since i can tuck them into tall boots or wear over ankle boots. i liked them so much i bought the cotton version for falls milder weather. all in all a win win. i should mention i think with the gather a the bottom, over boots, they look better with platforms even with long legs.

funny timing because ive been envisioning how good they go with the wool tweed marni shorts i cant wait to wear with the cooler weather coming.

length is not an issue for me... and they even look good rolled.

22-09-2009

thanks, that's exactly what i wanted to hear.
I got lucky and found a pair for very cheap...
I was surprised at how flattering and comfortable they are.
But i needed to be convinced of their versatility vis a vis the length--
i will have to try them rolled!

Can't wait for cool weather now.

***would love to see those marni shorts on you, btw, they are adorable.

V.I.P.

well , you inspired me to wear them today , but the cotton version not the leather just yet. so i threw on my new junya tunic dress with an asymmetric hem over a grey long sleeve t and the ann d. leggings with bunchy ankles then topped the whole off with CdG pumps from a while ago. its a good mesh of all things i love right now.

laika, that's so cool that you found them for such a good deal. and not to be too mushy but its no surprise they look flattering on you...

22-09-2009
backstage pass

^^ that sounds like a fabulous outfit, lucky!

laika - I'll second lucky (who described the leggings perfectly). The length is actually what I love most about Ann's leggings. The legs can be scrunched to your liking, hidden within a tall boot, or worn with an ankle boot (a nice lengthening silhouette). I haven't tried rolling them, but you can also tuck some of the length inside (as if you were hemming them) if you want less scrunch on the bottom.
Congrats on getting them for a good deal! They really are a great pant. I like them better than any other leather legging I have tried.... the fit, the matte finish, they are perfection....

22-09-2009
V.I.P.

merci beaucop.

22-09-2009

thanks so much, mona.

I got them at a consignment store on the UES...I think the owner
didn't quite know what they were :p, because they were marked at just $80
and in new condition at that. i think i could have ideally used a smaller size,
as they could be a bit tighter in the hip/bum area, but i can't complain--the legs fit perfectly.

lucky, you are too sweet.

oh and lucky, that outfit sounds gorge!

i love that you are pairing Ann with Junya...very compatible, and the shoes sound like an unexpected twist.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
thanks so much, mona.

I got them at a consignment store on the UES...I think the owner
didn't quite know what they were :p, because they were marked at just $80
and in new condition
at that. i think i could have ideally used a smaller size,
as they could be a bit tighter in the hip/bum area, but i can't complain--the legs fit perfectly.

lucky, you are too sweet.
holy cow, what a score!!!!! i love when stuff like that happens.

Last edited by luckyme; 22-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ann, demeulemeester, shopping, thread