How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2005
trendsetter

Ann Demeulemeester Shopping Thread
I'm really sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt find anything so i started a new thread

I'm looking for Ann Dem menswear in the U.K i know they stock the womenswear in various places such as Selfridges ect. but i have yet to find any menswear . I was wondering if any of you know of anywhere that stocks it (especially the shoes / Boots *drool*) erm thanks in advance people!

09-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Ask the Faust...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Ask the Faust...
You know it.

Victim, last (and only) time I was in London (2002), I found that Selfridges had a very decent collection of Ann's menswear. What happened? Did they drop it? There was also a selection in Harvey Nick's. That's all that I know of. I wonder if The Library carries it - they seem to have a fitting vibe. PM a member named Johnny - he was just there the other day, he'd know.

10-05-2005
trendsetter

^ yeah i think selfridges and harvey nicks have dropped the menswear line thanks for the help i'll pm johnny now

10-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
^ yeah i think selfridges and harvey nicks have dropped the menswear line thanks for the help i'll pm johnny now
That's pretty crazy. I am convinced that Ann's menswear is a niche market. ALL big department stores dropped her in New York and now I see the same in London. But I know she does fantastic in some small shops that cater to a certain clearly defined (aesthetically) audience.

I was wondering, though. Why not take some $50 RyanAir flight to Antwerp, where her boutique is, or to Paris, since you are lucky to live in Europe (if I lived in Europe, I'd be doing it every weekend ).

Last edited by faust; 10-05-2005 at 08:41 AM.
10-05-2005
Swim Upstream

faust - there was some beautiful ann dem womanswear in Liberty & HN.... I particularly liked the jackets - very very nice.

10-05-2005
kit
tfs star

There's an exclusive boutique , primarily for menswear , in Manchester UK , that stocks Ann Demeulemeester , Dirk Shonberger , Dirk Bikkembergs , Yohji Yamamoto main line , etc . etc .

RICHARD CREME
64 Bridge Street ,
Manchester
M3 3BN .

Tel - 0161 835 2228

BEWARE

He charges at least 25% more than London prices , as I once learned to my cost .

10-05-2005
Swim Upstream

kit what kind of stuff do you like/wear?

10-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Kit's aquesting for the holy grail of ideal cuir's...

I didn't know Manchester had such a range of shopping

kit
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
kit what kind of stuff do you like/wear?
Apart from ' vintage ' Claude Montana and Yves Saint Laurent , when appropriate , I am MOST comfortable in Issey Miyake , Yohji Yamamoto and Marithe et Francois Girbaud .

I do have FAR TOO many clothes . I've always been a fashion junkie , with guilt and shame now being my ' reward ' , for extravagance .

PS for POC

Include IDEAL CUIR under the guise of Claude Montana .

Manchester has EVERY label under the sun , including Hermes and Vuitton , eg Selfridges , Harvey Nicks , Flannels etc etc . ' MORE'S THE PITY ' .

Last edited by kit; 10-05-2005 at 09:54 AM.
10-05-2005
trendsetter

Victim

The Library don't have it, although as Faust said, it would suit the shop I think. The only place I saw the menswear line in London was Liberty, a nice but small selection. No shoes though I'm afraid. HN and Selfridges don't have it, neither does Browns. Actually I saw a very nice pair of black trousers with the metal stuff she uses through the fabric. Thought about getting them myself, but i was budgeted out.

oN writing this it occurs to me that it's really quite odd that only Liberty sell AD in London!!

Kit - that's stange what you write about Creme. Never been to that shop but do know of it. Corniche in Edinburgh does the same thing with comme and yohji, although probably only 10-15% up. It really really annoys me!!! It's bloody expensive enough. The guy there pretends that he doesn't know how to price it but if you say that you've seen it in London for cheaper he'll knock the price down. Can't be bothered with that type of greedy approach. By the way i've discovered that he's selling his old stock that he can't shift to the Edinburgh massive on ebay. I'm not sure you're really supposed to do that as an authorised stockist of those types of brands?

10-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
faust - there was some beautiful ann dem womanswear in Liberty & HN.... I particularly liked the jackets - very very nice.
Yes, I like her women's collection broken down. It was too overstyled on the runway, which made a bad impression on me.

10-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

There's a pair of sparkle flannel, unisex trousers by Ann Demeulemeester on UK eBay at the moment...

kit
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
Kit - that's stange what you write about Creme. Never been to that shop but do know of it. Corniche in Edinburgh does the same thing with comme and yohji, although probably only 10-15% up. It really really annoys me!!! It's bloody expensive enough. The guy there pretends that he doesn't know how to price it but if you say that you've seen it in London for cheaper he'll knock the price down. Can't be bothered with that type of greedy approach. By the way i've discovered that he's selling his old stock that he can't shift to the Edinburgh massive on ebay. I'm not sure you're really supposed to do that as an authorised stockist of those types of brands?
Richard Creme plays a very strange game . He caters for thr Granada TV crowd , eg Anthony H Wilson ( of ' 24 hour party people ' ) - the most pretentious oik in existance .

Creme opens the shop when he feels like it , the door is always locked . Effectively he apes the ' by invitation only ' schtick ( see my posts in the WINTLE thread of some days ago !!! ) .

He charges OUTRAGEOUS prices on the basis that all the stock is ' exclusive to him ' . I don't know what the YOHJI-JOSEPH people , who run the Conduit St. Yohji boutique , for instance , think of this ' scam ' . Personally I wouldn't touch him again with a bargepole .

I prefer the ultra gentle salespeople at Issey Miyake on the Brompton Road . .

10-05-2005
trendsetter

^^^^ Sounds like a right to**er. One thing I've learned since, in the last few years only, being able to afford fairly expensive clothes is that there is simply no need for that utterly moronic attitude. They are only clothes, even if they have been buried in the afghan desert for weeks or made by hand on the only remaining sowing machine of its type in the world!! There are enough nice shop people around to be able to avoid Creme's type.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ann, demeulemeester, shopping, thread