i know

i leaveing as soon as i turn 18!

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 10 2004, 08:54 AM
worse

i ahd to move to savannha georgia
[snapback]362126[/snapback]
I am so sorry. I have lived in GA, I only hope it has gotten better but I can't imagine it is too good.

Hang in there and look forward to the day you leave!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 10 2004, 10:54 AM
worse

i ahd to move to savannha georgia
[snapback]362126[/snapback]
Is there anywhere decent to shop there?

10-09-2004
& R.V.R

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 10 2004, 08:00 AM
i know

i leaveing as soon as i turn 18!
[snapback]362132[/snapback]

Boy get a fake ID Georgia is like a ghost town, even worse than Tampa on a hurricaine

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 10 2004, 02:57 PM
Is there anywhere decent to shop there?
[snapback]362526[/snapback]
I just found a semi desent boutqiue, it's trendy btu ahd sme cool stuff

oh yeah need a id

backstage pass

There was a large amount of Dior Homme at Neiman's sales.

However Neiman Marcus is not going to buy Dior Homme anymore. The replacement will be Alexander McQueen's men's line.

Charles Baudelaire
11-09-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Incroyable@Sep 11 2004, 02:57 AM
There was a large amount of Dior Homme at Neiman's sales.

However Neiman Marcus is not going to buy Dior Homme anymore. The replacement will be Alexander McQueen's men's line.
[snapback]363180[/snapback]
What? No tall skinny rich people in SF? I don't beleive it

11-09-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Sep 11 2004, 03:45 PM
What? No tall skinny rich people in SF? I don't beleive it
[snapback]363768[/snapback]
I don't know why but the salespeople told me that Dior will be replaced with McQueen as Dior did not sell that well.

Charles Baudelaire
11-09-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Incroyable@Sep 11 2004, 04:25 PM
I don't know why but the salespeople told me that Dior will be replaced with McQueen as Dior did not sell that well.
[snapback]363811[/snapback]
Yes I was told the same thing... Neiman will not carry Dior Homme anymore... BUT saks at SF and LA are picking up the Dior Homme... so Californians are not effected that much.. I think it is got to do with the licensing issue... I heard that Dior Homme did really well at Saks, especially the NY(which really bizzares me because it seems to me that dior homme at saks NY is pretty slow to go even when the sales is at 30%... )

BUT LA and NY still has the strongest and most distribution point out of whole USA.

My only issues is now that the only store that carries Dior Homme in Toronto will discontinue as well because it does NOT sell AT ALL.. I picked up like 20 pieces of clothing when they went on 60%... (which really kind of break my bank but I will survive!!!!) So if anyone knows who is going to carry Dior Homme in Toronto, any information/rumours would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think a lot of people are picking up alexander mcqueen to test the market... and that's what the Neiman is doing and same with Holt Renfrew(like Neiman or saks in USA) in Toronto are doing.. but they have very very limited selection....

I will actually be heading out to LA early october to check all the stores out for Alexander Mcqueen and Dior Homme.. can't wait....

11-09-2004
backstage pass

I too am surprised that DH does well at the Saks NYC. When Act One rolls around (30% off) you defintely can still find a good selection of sale items, and during Act Two (60%) off, there is still a decent amount left. I've liked some pieces, but DH isn't made for my body type. A friend of mine likes DH and the loves the Saks sales. They can be a goldmine for certain brands, especially things like DH.

Saks is supposedly trying to focus their image on more upscale/somewhat rare brands (to more directly compete with Neimans)..

I'm still finding it hard to believe that only one store in SF carries the brand. I figured the Saks in SF (being the West Coast flagship, both the mens and womens store) would defintely carry DH, even before the Beverly Hills Saks did, given the customer in SF is a bit different (and more similar to NYC) than L.A.

Quote:
Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 11 2004, 10:56 PM
Yes I was told the same thing... Neiman will not carry Dior Homme anymore... BUT saks at SF and LA are picking up the Dior Homme... so Californians are not effected that much.. I think it is got to do with the licensing issue... I heard that Dior Homme did really well at Saks, especially the NY(which really bizzares me because it seems to me that dior homme at saks NY is pretty slow to go even when the sales is at 30%... )

[snapback]364066[/snapback]

12-09-2004
Soviet Camaro

Well, I was just in downtown SF and decided to find out.

Saks doesn't have them. They told me that Neiman's dropped them as well, but suggested I go to the Dior store.

The Dior store didn't have them and suggested I go to Saks or Neimans. I told them they didn't have them. They said I would have to go to the NY store in that case.

Just for completion, not because I didn't trust the very nice people at Saks, I went to Neimans. They told me they don't carry them any more, but that Saks is going to pick them up next season.

Bottom line: there does not seem to be any place in SF to buy Dior Homme jeans right now.

It definitely provided much of an afternoon's entertainment.

rising star

Quote:
My only issues is now that the only store that carries Dior Homme in Toronto will discontinue as well because it does NOT sell AT ALL.. I picked up like 20 pieces of clothing when they went on 60%... (which really kind of break my bank but I will survive!!!!) So if anyone knows who is going to carry Dior Homme in Toronto, any information/rumours would be greatly appreciated!!!
who will buy DH from that store in Toronto when not on sale ? The original price of the robot tee was less than US$300 in NY, but was selling at CAD $500. I would rather phone and buy from Jeffrey NY and pay the import duty. That shop is just ridiculus. I guess they still have some S/S items left.

12-09-2004
backstage pass

Quite a journey, but the report is well appreciated, especially being that I'll be in the Bay Area next month.

Nothing at Wilkes Bashford either?? (unlikely) If I remember I'll try and call tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 12 2004, 08:08 PM
Well, I was just in downtown SF and decided to find out.

Saks doesn't have them. They told me that Neiman's dropped them as well, but suggested I go to the Dior store.

The Dior store didn't have them and suggested I go to Saks or Neimans. I told them they didn't have them. They said I would have to go to the NY store in that case.

Just for completion, not because I didn't trust the very nice people at Saks, I went to Neimans. They told me they don't carry them any more, but that Saks is going to pick them up next season.

Bottom line: there does not seem to be any place in SF to buy Dior Homme jeans right now.

It definitely provided much of an afternoon's entertainment.
[snapback]365196[/snapback]

12-09-2004
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Sep 12 2004, 07:21 PM
Quite a journey, but the report is well appreciated, especially being that I'll be in the Bay Area next month.

Nothing at Wilkes Bashford either?? (unlikely) If I remember I'll try and call tomorrow.
[snapback]365316[/snapback]
Oops, forgot to check there. I always think of them as catering to a more conservative style and that is probably why I didn't remember your suggestion. Do post back the results of your call!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Sep 11 2004, 10:28 PM
I too am surprised that DH does well at the Saks NYC. When Act One rolls around (30% off) you defintely can still find a good selection of sale items, and during Act Two (60%) off, there is still a decent amount left. I've liked some pieces, but DH isn't made for my body type. A friend of mine likes DH and the loves the Saks sales. They can be a goldmine for certain brands, especially things like DH.

Saks is supposedly trying to focus their image on more upscale/somewhat rare brands (to more directly compete with Neimans)..

I'm still finding it hard to believe that only one store in SF carries the brand. I figured the Saks in SF (being the West Coast flagship, both the mens and womens store) would defintely carry DH, even before the Beverly Hills Saks did, given the customer in SF is a bit different (and more similar to NYC) than L.A.
[snapback]364102[/snapback]
2nd Saks sales. As much as I hate that store, I'll go for the bargains twice a year . Love all the Watanabe and Schonberger (and women's Ann Demeulemeester and Yamamoto) hanging at 60-70% off. They may try to compete with, I'd say Barneys not Saks, all they want, but they simply don't have the customer base for it. Which works for us

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, homme, sf