How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2006
fashion insider

yes sir, and i just PMed you.

i love, love, LOVE apc washes. they're very cool and chic without being too poser-ish.

16-05-2006
rising star

This was news for me. I'm in love with my cures but next time I maybe go for the slim denims then.

17-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
They're calling them the New Cure now in the US, as the style has apparently replaced the old Cure. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. They're Suuuuuuuper skinny! Definitely tighter than the old Cures, which I have both tried and own. I highly recommend them.

And I haven't worn them outside yet. They're SO tight I have to wear them at home until I'm comfy enough to wear them out!
Sounds awesome! I love the process of breaking in your own jeans, it's like using your body to paint your own canvas.

How is the sizing like, compared the the old Cure and the New Standards?
Though nothing does really beat trying them on in person. Perhaps I'll have to order two pairs and return one..

17-05-2006
Yes, please

/\ Like most of the APC raw denim jeans, you have to buy a few sizes smaller than you normally wear and break them in. I'm normally a 29 - 30 waist, but I got them in a 27. The waistline is breaking in nicely. However, they are SO skinny and tight, I had to remove my wallet from its normal place in my front pocket because it felt like it was cutting off circulation to my legs! It's still pretty tight to walk in, but they look amazing!

17-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
/\ Like most of the APC raw denim jeans, you have to buy a few sizes smaller than you normally wear and break them in. I'm normally a 29 - 30 waist, but I got them in a 27. The waistline is breaking in nicely. However, they are SO skinny and tight, I had to remove my wallet from its normal place in my front pocket because it felt like it was cutting off circulation to my legs! It's still pretty tight to walk in, but they look amazing!
Can't you show us some pics? I'm really curios! :p

17-05-2006
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigge
Can't you show us some pics? I'm really curios! :p
Not the best shot but the mirrors at work are kinda dirty. Somehow they don't look too skinny in this shot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newCure.jpg (54.9 KB, 262 views)

17-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Not the best shot but the mirrors at work are kinda dirty. Somehow they don't look too skinny in this shot...
Thanks!
Yes i know it's quite hard to make it look as it looks in the "real world", but I can see that they're indeed more slim than the cures. What's the hem size?

17-05-2006
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigge
Thanks!
Yes i know it's quite hard to make it look as it looks in the "real world", but I can see that they're indeed more slim than the cures. What's the hem size?
I think you'll have to ask APC that - it may vary with different sizes, I'd imagine.

17-05-2006
front row

baklanyc, they do look amazing Very slim and still able to bunch a little, perfect! And may I say lovely blazer as well.
Ah, I want them even more now. I've only had my New Standards (which have become my favourite jeans) since the beginning of this year.. hmm do I really need another pair of jeans..

17-05-2006
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantster
baklanyc, they do look amazing Very slim and still able to bunch a little, perfect! And may I say lovely blazer as well.
Ah, I want them even more now. I've only had my New Standards (which have become my favourite jeans) since the beginning of this year.. hmm do I really need another pair of jeans..
Well, I have 4 APCs now, but they all vary. These are really great heavy denim but not selvedge, and they're the skinniest I've seen APC make. And vigge, I measured my jeans hem's opening (if that's what you mean) and it's 7" flat, or 14" all around. However, if you mean inseam, it's 34" with a 27" waist.

Oh, and Avantster, the jacket is by Lad Musician. It's a lot slimmer than the pic makes it appear, because I'm raising my arms to take the pic, and the cropped length doesn't help it look any slimmer at that angle!

18-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
And vigge, I measured my jeans hem's opening (if that's what you mean) and it's 7" flat, or 14" all around.
I mean't this, thanks.

19-05-2006
trendsetter

I love the Hipster cut when it's slightly baggy.. looks soo cool how it bunches up.

28-05-2006
scenester

Restocking
Hi,
I'm trying to get hold of a pair of unwashed denim new standards. The N.A. APC website is out of stock in my size. Anyone know whether stock tends replenish quickly or is that it until the fall stuff is released?

28-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtvan
Hi,
I'm trying to get hold of a pair of unwashed denim new standards. The N.A. APC website is out of stock in my size. Anyone know whether stock tends replenish quickly or is that it until the fall stuff is released?
Call Mauro at denimbar, he usually has better prices than the APC website.

backstage pass

Quote:
I think you'll have to ask APC that - it may vary with different sizes, I'd imagine.
That Lad musician jacket looks killer, if you ever feel like giving to the "help a fuuma get more clothes" foundation don't hesitate to contact me to arrange a shipment

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans