How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2006
slow death

is label sizing for the hipster the same as the new standard? ie if i wear a 29 ns should i go for a 29 hipster? i want the lower rise but the fact that they're a woman's jean (even if they're not. really) makes me feel weird. not to mention the significant lack of crotch room and shallow pockets. \:

29-05-2006
scenester

thanks for the tip, fuuma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Call Mauro at denimbar, he usually has better prices than the APC website.

05-06-2006
windowshopping

APC jeans- problems with zippers?
I just bought my first pair of APC jeans- the summer weight ones with a removable belt. And the zipper broke on it without me even wearing it. Just took it home and it broke. Took it back and exchanged it, and the other zipper broke just from me zipping it up and down a few times- the teeth were coming apart from the zipper and the pull went to the other side. The boutique owner wont give me my money back and i'm furious. I never wore these $176 (w/tax) jeans even once! Has anyone had any similar problems? The zipper says RiRi on it- thats all i know about it. I'm not sure if this zipper is used on all APC (can someone check), and if it is, maybe i just got a faulty batch? This seems really weird though, considering I've heard so many good things and I never wore either pair.

05-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01
I love the Hipster cut when it's slightly baggy.. looks soo cool how it bunches up.
How many sizes up would you order to get that look? I'm planning on buying another pair soon.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo21
How many sizes up would you order to get that look? I'm planning on buying another pair soon.
I would stay with your regular size, because they stretch out a lot after wear. I usually wear a 30 and tried on these in 30, thinking they would be too tight but they weren't.

05-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilegirl
I just bought my first pair of APC jeans- the summer weight ones with a removable belt. And the zipper broke on it without me even wearing it. Just took it home and it broke. Took it back and exchanged it, and the other zipper broke just from me zipping it up and down a few times- the teeth were coming apart from the zipper and the pull went to the other side. The boutique owner wont give me my money back and i'm furious. I never wore these $176 (w/tax) jeans even once! Has anyone had any similar problems? The zipper says RiRi on it- thats all i know about it. I'm not sure if this zipper is used on all APC (can someone check), and if it is, maybe i just got a faulty batch? This seems really weird though, considering I've heard so many good things and I never wore either pair.
Riri are excellent zippers, not that it'll make you feel better or anything...maybe you should write APC and tell them about the problem, chances are they'll stand behind their product and replace the jeans or exchange them.

To answer your question about which zippers are used on APC, most jeans use buttons fly so I wouldn't know about those but my APC cords have a riri zipper. I'll also check my trousers when they come back from the cleaner. As I mentionned before riri is an excellent choice so it must be something about the batch or maybe you've just had a rough week.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo21
Depends if it's raw or not, plus you have to consider that since they're woman jeans, you can get a somewhat baggy hips effect without sizing up too much.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Depends if it's raw or not, plus you have to consider that since they're woman jeans, you can get a somewhat baggy hips effect without sizing up too much.
I agree.

I think it would be a good idea to get your regular size (or just one size smaller).

10-07-2006
windowshopping

denim dilemma...
okay, I just got my first pair of APCs... they're the Unwashed Indigo New Standard Unisex Jeans... in a size 27... I love them, they feel great everywhere except for the waist, mainly because the top button doesn't button... i feel soooo fat right now... haha, but the bottom line is that I normally wear a 29/30 in Men's jeans... and a 24/25 in Women's jeans... I thought I got the right size? Now, I heard that if you wear them around the house and sleep in them, they'll stretch out, but I can't have a pair of jeans that don't button all the way... haha, sooooooo... my question is this... if I sleep in them for a week or so, will the top button eventually button or should I just exchange them for a 28? any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

10-07-2006
slow death

how many sizes did you go down? depending on the fit you want 2-3 is pretty ideal. if only the top button won't button then you will be fine. you don't have to sleep in them... just wear them for a week or 2.

Last edited by mass; 10-07-2006 at 11:13 AM.
10-07-2006
windowshopping

I went down 3 sizes... cuz I normally wear 30, but sometimes I take a 29, so I guess that would be considered going down 2 sizes if you factor the 29s in...

10-07-2006
rising star

The first week or so it was the same "problem" for me. Couldn't close the top button. But now i've had them for six months and they are so perfect.:p Always with raw denim, buy "as small size as possible" because they stretch really much after just some wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldude03
okay, I just got my first pair of APCs... they're the Unwashed Indigo New Standard Unisex Jeans... in a size 27... I love them, they feel great everywhere except for the waist, mainly because the top button doesn't button... i feel soooo fat right now... haha, but the bottom line is that I normally wear a 29/30 in Men's jeans... and a 24/25 in Women's jeans... I thought I got the right size? Now, I heard that if you wear them around the house and sleep in them, they'll stretch out, but I can't have a pair of jeans that don't button all the way... haha, sooooooo... my question is this... if I sleep in them for a week or so, will the top button eventually button or should I just exchange them for a 28? any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Last edited by vigge; 10-07-2006 at 11:21 AM.
10-07-2006
slow death

"if it's too tight then it's just right"...

10-07-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldude03
Dudes and their "buying jeans as tight as I can thing" have got to stop, we end up with people not able to button their jeans. I'm about the same size as you, wear APC NS in size 28 and am quite satisfied with the fit, before and after some streching. If you keep the size 27 they will still fit you after a while but you could have bought a size 28, have them fit from the start and end up at pretty much the same size as when your jeans are less tight they stretch less to arrive at a normal fit.

front row

i would have to agree having been in a similar situation, go for the size 28s.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans