How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-10-2006
Soviet Camaro

^ I bought the New Standards and went down one size from my usual; I could easily have gone down two. They have stretched quite a bit.

If you like to wear them slouchy, go down one size; I doubt they will be skin-tight after stretching if you go down two sizes, but they will be pretty tight at first. They stretch quickly, though.

26-10-2006
princely

thanks tang, I ended up ordering them 2 sizes down, so I guess we'll see how it goes...

*waits for package*

13-01-2007
rising star

I found out the smallest size in the New Standards is still too big for me, since they stretch out so much and all. But they're the only jeans that I've liked the look of in a long while (NOT low rise, no worn-in effects, sort of a tomboyish fit). Does anyone know of any other brands that might be similar with smaller sizes? I've tried Levi's as well, but they also run big.

18-01-2007
princely

APC SS07 is on their website now...

www.apc.fr

19-01-2007
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopgirl
I found out the smallest size in the New Standards is still too big for me, since they stretch out so much and all. But they're the only jeans that I've liked the look of in a long while (NOT low rise, no worn-in effects, sort of a tomboyish fit). Does anyone know of any other brands that might be similar with smaller sizes? I've tried Levi's as well, but they also run big.
If you can find Geisha jeans you might like them; Blue in Green is out of stock now, but you could contact them and see when/if they are getting a new shipment. They are excellent quality jeans that meet your specs.

V.I.P.

Do they fit like acne?

19-01-2007
illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
If you can find Geisha jeans you might like them; Blue in Green is out of stock now, but you could contact them and see when/if they are getting a new shipment. They are excellent quality jeans that meet your specs.
oooo, the samurai line looks very interesting! love the shadow thread for the back pockets - how they stand out more the older the jeans get! any advice on how these shrink?

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHeels
oooo, the samurai line looks very interesting! love the shadow thread for the back pockets - how they stand out more the older the jeans get! any advice on how these shrink?
If I remember correctly, my Samurais did not shrink much, and they shrank to tag size, so you should get your "regular" size.

Word is that Levi's has sued a number of companies for trademark infringement and there is at least a fair chance that the next batch of Samurai/Geisha imported into the US will not have the same back pocket design. FYI...

illustrator

Quote:
If I remember correctly, my Samurais did not shrink much, and they shrank to tag size, so you should get your "regular" size.

Word is that Levi's has sued a number of companies for trademark infringement and there is at least a fair chance that the next batch of Samurai/Geisha imported into the US will not have the same back pocket design. FYI...
really? the website made a pt. to mention that the dimensions for a size were given pre-wash, so i expected that the jeans would shrink significantly. have you washed them more than once?

levis oh they are fools. these back pocket designs are all in hommage, granted they are to the levis of old, but still, it keeps the brand alive if anything. regardless of what the actual design is, i still think it's very cool that it was a dark stitch - seeing the pic of how they will age, where everything fades but that dark stitching - that was brilliant.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_jealous
for girls the sizes for the slim jeans only go to size 25. I'm either a 25 or 26 so what does that mean? or do girls even need to buy a smaller size because we have curves? and why does APC cost so much now? didn't they used to be cheaper like pieces for around $100 + because it's become $150-250 price range.
I wear a size 26 in "regular" jeans (which usually measure a 28" waist in vanity sizing). I bought a New Cure 25, which has an exact 25" waist. So technically, I went down three sizes. Just take the waist measurement of one of your perfectly fitted pair of jeans and then go down two or three sizes. Three sizes is rather painful the first couple of weeks.... but they fit pretty well now.

APC raised their prices at lot.

20-01-2007
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
really? the website made a pt. to mention that the dimensions for a size were given pre-wash, so i expected that the jeans would shrink significantly. have you washed them more than once?

levis oh they are fools. these back pocket designs are all in hommage, granted they are to the levis of old, but still, it keeps the brand alive if anything. regardless of what the actual design is, i still think it's very cool that it was a dark stitch - seeing the pic of how they will age, where everything fades but that dark stitching - that was brilliant.
I have only washed mine once so far. They might have shrunk 2 inches in length and one in the waist, but in any case, I ordered the same size I wear in most brands.

I have been told, though, that the Geishas run one size small, and you should order one size larger than usual.

The Geishas I have seen all had gold thread on blue denim; I haven't seen the dark stitch ones.

illustrator

Quote:
I have only washed mine once so far. They might have shrunk 2 inches in length and one in the waist, but in any case, I ordered the same size I wear in most brands.

I have been told, though, that the Geishas run one size small, and you should order one size larger than usual.

The Geishas I have seen all had gold thread on blue denim; I haven't seen the dark stitch ones.
hmm, apc keep shrinking it seems in each wash - even if those washes are spaced years apart, lol. same for the levis shrink-to-fit. i assumed it was true of any unwashed denim.
i guess the pair i was talking about was the samurai s710xx 19oz. jean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s710xx19oz. samurai.jpg (138.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg s710xx19oz. samurai old.jpg (46.2 KB, 2 views)

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
hmm, apc keep shrinking it seems in each wash - even if those washes are spaced years apart, lol. same for the levis shrink-to-fit. i assumed it was true of any unwashed denim.
i guess the pair i was talking about was the samurai s710xx 19oz. jean.
It may very well be that they continue to shrink; I have not washed any of mine many times, and they stretch out again when I wear them, so I can't really say with authority.

Samurais are nice jeans, too.

Please credit those photos, HiHeels, thanks!

illustrator

photos from http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=10&Itemid=28

windowshopping

Hipster
hey any males have experience with the hipster jeans available on the US website? i've read a horrifying testimony of crushed testicles and a "my boyfriend wears them and he loves them" type testimony. the sale and the bleached black available in what i'm assuming would fit me is causing me to consider cross dressing. some wisdom would be great. thanks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans