How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2008
V.I.P.

has anyone tried their black denim skirt? curious about the cut and how it is sized? thanks in advance.

08-11-2008
front row

is there a different approach to buying the new cures? I bought a 27 in the Standards and they're too big now (both because I lost weight and because I think I should've got the 26). Any ideas? I really want a tight pair of jeans but I'm wondering if I should get the low rise ones in a smaller size or go for the new cures. are they really super skinny? I don't really want them to be like leggings.

08-11-2008
rising star

New cures are skinny, approaching April 77 Joeys' type of skinny. If you didn't want skin-tight jeans, new standards would be the way to go.

You're supposed to size down 2 for your new standards, I size down 2 and found them tad loose in the waist.

So my advice is to size down 2 for a looser fit, 3 for a tighter fit, but no further as you will probably end up with retarded sizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella
just one question: what about cleaning? the "dirty for as long as you can and then sea water and sand rubbing"-thing sounds kinda odd/fun... what's the result really? how do you guys take care of your APCs?
For me it depends on how I want my end product to look like. My new standards are quite clean, I dont wash them but neither do I beat on them. Basically they are my go-to for dressy jeans. For my DH 19cms I trash them to hell and the raw color has bled out from the abused areas, giving them a distressed look now. I use them for my lounging around, "I know I'll get dirt on my hands" jeans.

To show a simple evolution of denim, I borrowed pictures from Superfuture and APC's site. (I hope you don't mind BlackCherry)

You want to go from this:

to this:

But of course the effect is acheived through hard wear. The following were shot after 8 months of wear with 4-5 washes.

Last edited by djflame; 08-11-2008 at 02:20 AM.
08-11-2008
front row

thanks for your help, I'll get the New Standards 3 sizes down. those jeans turned out incredible. I don't really understand how to get away with washing my jeans that little, so the whiskering on mine is much more subtle.

08-11-2008
rising star

Should be a good idea, you should have the Sartorialist's experience where it's initially too tight, then after a few wear the fabric stretches out into 'fitting paradise'.

For washing, just wash whenever you feel like. I think its more appropriate when the jeans are a reflection of the owner's lifestyles, rather than putting up with the dirt and stink for 6 months.
After, I don't think girls should smell like unwashed denim!

09-11-2008
D‘MMkammern

^^ my new standards were initially too tight... but i never quite get to the "fitting paradise" momentum... i almost have to unbutton them to take anything off my front pockets!!

trendsetter

my beaten up rescues.. ripped in the crotch, and heels

ordered a new a pair to beat up this year

04-03-2009
rising star

i got the petit standards this weekend. 3 days wear in the pic, and definitely need to hem them up a bit. as for sizing i went with the size i always wear in jeans (anything smaller doesn't exist for apcs ). can't wait to break these in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apc 002.jpg (34.6 KB, 31 views)

23-11-2009
front row

^what's the difference between petite standards and standards?

23-11-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemence.x View Post
^what's the difference between petite standards and standards?
the petit standards are smaller all around, designed for slimmer builds. also, it's the only style that comes in size 24. the rest are 25 and up. and you're supposed to go down one or 2 sizes because they stretch a lot.

24-11-2009
front row

^thanks!

If i'm looking for something that is something between a straight cut and a small bootcut, what's the one i'm looking at? I'm 5'2 with shorter legs.

how did your pair turn out btw?

24-11-2009
front row

wanted to ask also, what's the rise like for the new standard and the standard petite compared to say, the hipster?

Also, I went to the apc official website and they have new standard and standard petite listed for men as well but they're the same jeans as those listed under the women's section right? Or is there a difference in the rise?

27-11-2009
rising star

mine haven't faded as much as i had hoped. but then again i was just wearing them to work 3-4 times a week, where i just sat at my desk all day. i figure if you're a bit more physically active, you can get better fades. since the jeans are 100% cotton, they will stretch out until you wash them again. the waistband of mine is about 2 inches bigger than when i got them.

i think most of apc jeans are unisex, so there wouldn't be a difference in rise between the ones listed on the women's and men's sections. for a girl i think petit standards or new cures are most flattering, because they're the slimmest cuts. petits are more of a straight cut; i don't think apc does anything bootcut or flared?

i'll try to put up a pic of mine if it'll help

05-12-2009
front row

^that would be really great

I know what you mean, but some straights look like a slightly less tapered skinny because they cut it real tight and use a fabric that has some give so it remains tight at the bottom but got squeezed out a little near the calves and knee area.

I've got biggish calves and wide hips (pear shape!) so most cuts go off on me.

28-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopgirl View Post
i got the petit standards this weekend. 3 days wear in the pic, and definitely need to hem them up a bit. as for sizing i went with the size i always wear in jeans (anything smaller doesn't exist for apcs ). can't wait to break these in.
pcg, these are so adorable! i couldn't find this APC thread on the TFS search so ended up in raw denim.

have they aged well? are you gonna move to the new cures?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans