How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullw
I tried the Workers and New Standards, New Standards fit great, but they only had bright red, which isn't my cup of tea, but I know my size so I can order some more confidently now. However, I've just checked my email and they seem to have a new cut, Tight jeans.
Thanks for the report. FYI, The Tight Jeans are what's called The Cure at the store - same jeans, different name, don't know why. If it helps, the APC website for the US just released a worn-finish that I didn't see at the store, which is slim AND not so raw and rigid. Might be what you're looking for. I will check them out this weekend.

Last edited by baklanyc; 01-04-2005 at 03:18 PM.

13-05-2005
rising star

You just answered a couple questions I had posted to the mens denim thread. You're right about the fit of the slim style (cure): mine fit me just like my dior homme 21 cm jeans did through the hip; they're just a little narrower through the leg with 19.5cm opening. They have the same nice low slung fit. I take a 32 in this season's dior, 31 in previous seasons, I take a size 33 in the apc cure which fit just like this seasons dior 32. Subsequently I've sold both pair of my dior jeans because just as happy with the apc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
Then you'll have no problem with APC. Believe you me, their inseams are looooong. Their slimmest style right now (in the raw denim) is called Cure, and when I wore it, it reminded me of the Dior Homme sstyle...but with a LOT more leftover leg. There must have been an inseam of about 40" with that one, or so it seemed.

13-05-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by disstop
You just answered a couple questions I had posted to the mens denim thread. You're right about the fit of the slim style (cure): mine fit me just like my dior homme 21 cm jeans did through the hip; they're just a little narrower through the leg with 19.5cm opening. They have the same nice low slung fit. I take a 32 in this season's dior, 31 in previous seasons, I take a size 33 in the apc cure which fit just like this seasons dior 32. Subsequently I've sold both pair of my dior jeans because just as happy with the apc.
That's great to hear! Glad I was able to steer you in the right direction. And since I can never get my size in Dior since it always runs out, I now know I can just stick to my much more affordable APCs! Thanks!

13-05-2005
front row

Just a question about the 'tight' APC jeans. By the look of the picture on the APC site, it looks like the denim is raw. Is this how it is, or is it just the picture?

14-05-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by enak
Just a question about the 'tight' APC jeans. By the look of the picture on the APC site, it looks like the denim is raw. Is this how it is, or is it just the picture?
It's raw. They have finished ones, but the ones I saw at the store and tried (and own) are raw.

14-05-2005
backstage pass

Does anyone know what size I should get for the New Standards? I picked up my real size today but I asked the girl working if she knew what size I should get but she was clueless so I just picked them up anyway. But I'm a little concerned as these fit pretty well that they might be too big in the long run, should I exchange for a smaller size?

14-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
It's raw. They have finished ones, but the ones I saw at the store and tried (and own) are raw.
Yay, thanks!!

I'll get them when I find the money :p

14-05-2005
about to fall or fly

mouko, did you find them in sf? i could never find a pair i liked in sf. azalea on hayes had some i think but they weren't the fit i wanted.

my boyfriend wears women's hipsters and loves them. he has worn the same raw denim pair for over a year and has only washed them like, 3 times..they are absolutely beautiful now. they fit him perfectly and have amazing wear-patterns...natural ones, from his body, and not those horrible kinds that you buy some new jeans with. i don't own a pair currently but the ones i have tried on have made me feel like a goddess, hee!

14-05-2005
backstage pass

^ Yeah I got them at Azaleas.

14-05-2005
scenester

Quote:
I've just been looking at a few more raw denim brands. I really like the look of all the pictures of worn in nudies ( www.nudiejeans.com ). Presumably the APCs will have a similar look after 6 months without washing, but I'm not sure that I trust the pictures on the nudie site, after all they're trying to sell the jeans, and they could've used all sorts of treatments to get a quick finish for the shoots. Does anyone have pictures of APC or similar raw denims that had about 6 months wear before washing? Baklan, you seemed to know about it, can you get me a picture of your APCs, or just tell me what the look is like after wear?
The pictures of the nudie jeans are adjusted contraste-wise on the computer. Some pictures of worn A.P.C. Jeans are on here: http://www.nurs.or.jp/~ourlem/text/denim_26.html ; They were worn for 7 years though.

21-09-2005
fashion icon

I am thinking about ordering some APC jeans. They are the "tight" ones opposed to the standard. I wear a 32 and sometimes 31 in u.s. sizes, what would you suggest for A.P.C.

Last edited by Mutterlein; 21-09-2005 at 01:14 AM.
21-09-2005
fashion icon

here is the pair...http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=1C018012169H

21-09-2005
front row

There is a lot of info about APC and sizing here: http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...D=1768&start=1

You probably want a 30 or 31 inch.

21-09-2005
Yes, please

Ooh, they've got overdyed black ones this season... must get! Prices are climbing, eh?

21-09-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
There is a lot of info about APC and sizing here: http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...D=1768&start=1

You probably want a 30 or 31 inch.
Hey thanks so much. I am going to go with a 31 I think, if that doesn't work out I'll just return it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans