How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2005
fashion insider

Thx guys, I feel so much better now, just a minute ago i was cursing myself for eating a bavarian creme turnover

26-09-2005
EdK
trendsetter

yea arturo dont worry man, you should seriously try sleeping in your jeans, sleeping in your clothes stretches them out like no other. it also softens up the denim if you feel that the denim is too stiff.

26-09-2005
Yes, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdK
yea arturo dont worry man, you should seriously try sleeping in your jeans, sleeping in your clothes stretches them out like no other. it also softens up the denim if you feel that the denim is too stiff.
Just be aware, even if I haven't had this problem with APC's denim, since this is unwashed denim, the indigo dye may transfer on to your sheets.

26-09-2005
fashion insider

^Haha, don' worry, I got them at sears

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo21
^Haha, don' worry, I got them at sears
LOL when I first glanced over your post I had to do a double take and ask myself "Is he talking about the APC's or the sheets?" Imagine that, APC jeans at a Sears...

26-09-2005
fashion insider

^

fashion insider

I thought it would be good to post pics of the denim here in this thread for reference. Now that I'm posting the new standards, some of you who have other styles can post those for reference as well The pic with me wearing them are for seeing how they fit before they are stretched:

Last edited by Arturo21; 27-09-2005 at 10:14 PM.
28-09-2005
Yes, please

/\ That looks like the APC fit! I see what you mean about them being tight at the hips and crotch, but give it time Arturo, then report back! I was just wearing my jeans today at our shoot and our model asked me whose they were.

Last edited by baklanyc; 28-09-2005 at 01:18 AM.
28-09-2005
windowshopping

arturo they look really great on you

28-09-2005
fashion insider

Thx thx bakla, well, they're starting to stretch slightly which is good, after two nights sleeping with them (no day wear)

fashion insider

Bakla or Ed, how long did you say it took? I've slept with them for 3 nights in a row (no day wear) and they've barrely stretched...i'm getting worried because I dont' want to just have wasted $140 - I'm thinking I should return them.

fashion icon

Arturo I'm no expert on APC jeans, but I'm guessing give it a full week to get a better picture of how much stretch you're gonna get. They look good on you, btw...also that pair of APC has a much better shade of indigo than the ones I saw when I was in Hong Kong. Does APC New Standards have several colors/shades of indigo within their raw denim line? Because the ones I tried on weren't even close to blue, more like a metallic black/grey, while Arturo's look like a perfect shade of dark blue.

29-09-2005
fashion insider

Really? Well, on their website they have this same pair, but only in black - they don't have it in indigo (I did it by phone order). They don't have a very obvious luster, but a nice bit.

I guess I'll wait a while longer, but if it doesn't work out, APC will probably be cool if I return them since they're not going to know if I wore them or not.

Oh, btw, my jeans included an information sheet with the different denim washing recipes:

Extremist recipe: let your jeans get dirty for as long as possible. First wash: dry clean. Following washes: Soak your jeans for about an hour in water with a little Woolite Black added, rinse, roll in a terrycloth towel and hang up to dry.

Semi-Extremist Recipe: Soak your jeans for about an hour in water with Woolite Black added, don't scrub. Rinse, wring, and hang up to let the water drain.

The boring one - machine recipe..baaah..

machine wash at 30C in deilcate cycle or no spin cycle with woolite black.

Seawater recipe (This one looks really interesting!!!)

let your jeans get dirty for as long as possible, go swimming in the ocean wearing jeans, rub your jeans with dry sand, and repeat several times. Rinse in fresh (not salt) water and let dry in the sun.

I personally like the latter, there's a sort of artistry and artisanal touch to this. Plus it's taking the shape of your body. I'm planning on doing either the extremist or preferrably, seawater Maybe after a year or so ....or next summer when I get a chance to go to the coast.

Last edited by Arturo21; 29-09-2005 at 02:31 PM.
29-09-2005
Yes, please

Arturo, I wore them on and off for a couple of weeks. Be patient. It takes a while to really mold to your body. And you already felt them easing up. Don't try sleeping in them every night and expecting them to fit perfectly asap. Take them off for a couple of days, put them back on at the end of the day and wear them around the house, wear them to pick up groceries or whatnot.

29-09-2005
EdK
trendsetter

Arturo

I didnt wear them every night, I wore them to sleep on and off for like a couple weeks it gets too hot to wear them every night.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans