How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2005
fashion insider

haha..Brian calls them my 'nuthuggers'.

29-09-2005
fashion icon

ahah usually i don't associate APC New Standards with the phrase nuthugger (i use this term in reference to ACNE jeans, Strip destroyed black denim, etc.) but looking at that pic they do look a lil too snug for ya :p

30-09-2005
fashion icon

I got my cure jeans and have been wearing them all day for two days. They have started to loosen up in the thighs a bit. It's a very good 100% cotton denim weave so it's not going to stretch that easily. (and you wouldn't want it to)

01-10-2005
trendsetter

I just bought my first pairs of APCs at Stel's in Boston.... i love them...

01-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo21
haha..Brian calls them my 'nuthuggers'.

03-10-2005
windowshopping

Okay on the website they have "New Standard Jean" but they only have it in "overdyed black." I want to get the same pair of the raw indigo jeans in the pics posted above. The "Standard Jean," http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=1C000512197M is this the same thing? Do these just call the the different washes/colors "New Standard" while the plain indigo ones are simply "Standard"? This is just confusing because people are praising the New Standard Jean and I think that's what I want: the basic raw indigo that is supposed to mold to your body.

Also, If I wear a 30 in Paper Denim and in AGs (the size I always try on first/order blindly), I should be a 28 in APC?

Sorry to be a pain! But thanks in advance for the help!

03-10-2005
trendsetter

Has anyone tried the denim recipes that come with the APC jeans? I want to try the one with the beach....

04-10-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys
Okay on the website they have "New Standard Jean" but they only have it in "overdyed black." I want to get the same pair of the raw indigo jeans in the pics posted above. The "Standard Jean," http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=1C000512197M is this the same thing? Do these just call the the different washes/colors "New Standard" while the plain indigo ones are simply "Standard"? This is just confusing because people are praising the New Standard Jean and I think that's what I want: the basic raw indigo that is supposed to mold to your body.

Also, If I wear a 30 in Paper Denim and in AGs (the size I always try on first/order blindly), I should be a 28 in APC?

Sorry to be a pain! But thanks in advance for the help!
That confused me a bit as well, but remember not evrything that a company makes goes on to the website for purchase. I ordered them by phone order. Just call and ask for the New Standards in Indigo. And yes, you are probably a 28/29. Remember they'll be very tight when you first try them on though

I want to do the beach treatment as well I'll wait until the end of next summer so that I have sufficient use on them and it's warm enough to go to the beach.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj
Has anyone tried the denim recipes that come with the APC jeans? I want to try the one with the beach....
what is the beach treatment?

my boyfriend just got a pair of APC's and one for me too, i still have to break mine in. he looks so good in them. yum. he refuses to wash them and wants to wear them in the ocean. is that the beach treatment? do tell!

Last edited by Vintage_Addict; 05-10-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typ-oh!-oh!
05-10-2005
trendsetter

^ haha yeah... that sounds like it.. my APCs came with a recipe card for how to treat your jeans... and one of them was to wear them forever and not wash them... and then wear them in the ocean, rub them with sand, rinse them in regular water, and then let them dry out in the sun...

05-10-2005
fashion insider

I posted on a previous page...

fashion icon

My jeans are well broken in now and I am a big fan!

06-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj
I just bought my first pairs of APCs at Stel's in Boston.... i love them...
Whoa! Stel carries APC?

Well... looks like a little stop n shop will have to happen this weekend. I've been meaning to go to that store. I want to stop by Newbury Comics to buy the Keys to the Streets of Fear 45 rpm anyways and it's right by there.

06-10-2005
fashion icon

Whoa something must be wrong with my eyes...Chinorlz when I saw your post I thought you were going to the store Streets of Fear to pick up a pair of 45 RPM jeans, i thought you had been converted to the dark side known as selvedge denim as well

06-10-2005
trendsetter

^ Yeah, they have APC.... apparently only until recently did APC allow other vendors to sell their things... I like stels! but weird location.... next to condomworld.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
apc, jeans