How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-05-2008
catch me if you can

B - I just got a leather jacket from them and it took about a week and a half to receive. Overall the quality is pretty good, better than what I expected. I would definately order from them again.

28-05-2008
tfs star

there's a really cute yellow shirt dress i've put my eyes on

Last edited by shoegal87; 28-05-2008 at 05:33 PM.

29-05-2008
V.I.P.

I like asos .. off topc i know not fahsion but has anyone ordered the nichola roberts pale make up from there ??

I love asos the wya its all different brands and products .. THey always have areally good sale too .. saying that i vary rarely order stuff thinking about it haha .. i should order from them more .. i never online shop im too impatient to wait for stuff to be delivered haha

01-06-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
B - I just got a leather jacket from them and it took about a week and a half to receive. Overall the quality is pretty good, better than what I expected. I would definately order from them again.
My order came on Friday afternoon, sooner than I expected! I didn't have to sign for it, they left it on the doorstep (nobody ever hears people knocking on the door here, the front door is so far away, lol), the packaging and quality is great! I am very happy with the service & will definately be ordering from them again!

02-06-2008
rising star

if the delvery was free i'd be their biggest customer !

03-06-2008
rising star

asos recently sent me a 10pound off voucher for my birthday so i bought a necklace, some urban decay make up and the nicest little brown booties..

asos.com

i have bought from them on several occassions and find their sizing to be slightly on the large side. have bought two size 12 dresses previously which have come up a little big and i am usually a 14. their shoe sizes seem to run in well with the rest of the british high street however.

20-06-2008
backstage pass

Does anyone know if they vanity size? I'm not sure if I should get a size 6 or a size 8. I usually take 00/00P at Banana Republic and Ann Taylor...and we know how their sizes don't match their charts!

Thanks

20-06-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by writergal28 View Post
Does anyone know if they vanity size? I'm not sure if I should get a size 6 or a size 8. I usually take 00/00P at Banana Republic and Ann Taylor...and we know how their sizes don't match their charts!

Thanks
Their sizing is really small..whatever size you'd get at topshop, get a size or two bigger. i'm a 6 in the u.s. (which is a 10 uk), and i ordered a leather jacket in size 12, and it fits ok, but probably would have been a lot more comfortable to zip up in a 14.

20-06-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

haha how strange. I'm a UK size 12, a US size 10, and I actually sized down in the leather jackets

26-06-2008
rising star

So far... I have been an ASOS.com stalker- admiring the pretty clothes and shoes but I haven't made a purchase yet. I want to make this skirt (and a belt) my first purchase.

picture from asos.com

I'm a US size 6-8. I don't know if I should get this skirt in a UK size 10 or 12 since it has an elastic waist with drawstring. Using their size guide chart sounds useless. Emailing them with specific questions about this skirt was also useless because they referred me to the size guide chart.

What size do you think I should get? Thank you all!

26-06-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroxton View Post
So far... I have been an ASOS.com stalker- admiring the pretty clothes and shoes but I haven't made a purchase yet. I want to make this skirt (and a belt) my first purchase.

picture from asos.com

I'm a US size 6-8. I don't know if I should get this skirt in a UK size 10 or 12 since it has an elastic waist with drawstring. Using their size guide chart sounds useless. Emailing them with specific questions about this skirt was also useless because they referred me to the size guide chart.

What size do you think I should get? Thank you all!
I've seen that one, and you can get that exact skirt for so much cheaper at American Apparel!

Last edited by Belowen; 11-07-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | quoting pictures

26-06-2008
rising star

I know which skirt that you are talking about but I like the material and the drawstring of the ASOS skirt which is different from the AA skirt. I've been meaning to buy the AA skirt and will eventually but right now, I want the ASOS one which is a bit dressier.

28-06-2008
tfs star

@wroxton: I'm a German/European size Small/36 (US 6?), according to Asos.com old sizing guide, UK 6 = EU 34/XS, UK 8 = EU36/S etc. I ordered 2 dresses and one leather jacket before. Everything in size UK 8 and it fits perfectly to me. But I never tried skirts before.
I'm not sure what this means for US sizes, but if your hips are not big, I would say, you could go for the smaller size as well because of the elastic waist. And if you prefer a loose look the bigger size would also look nice on you. I guess it depends on your preferences how the skirt should look on you. But UK 12 seems to be huger than needed.

15-08-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I just ordered this dress...

asos

15-08-2008
rising star

I just bought this dress last night:

Have those of you with experience in ordering from ASOS (who live in the states) had to pay customs?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asoscom