How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-12-2008
tfs star

can you show me which leather jacket you mean? Mine is similar like this one which is currently available at ASOS and it is black not off-black. Well at least to my definition.
Here you can see how I wear it: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

29-12-2008
tfs star

This one right here.

29-12-2008
tfs star

well according to the website the leather jacket which you have choosen is brown and not black. So I guess, you wouldn't get something blackish or so.

29-12-2008
tfs star

I didn't even notice that.

29-12-2008
In Bloom

DAMN. I just saw these, they are PERFECT, and only left in size 4 I need a size 3...asos' shoe sizes are often small, and I'm a IT 35.5, so 3 fits the best.

asos.com
I need over the knee-boots and I have no money.

we were in love

09-01-2009
rising star

Okay so, I recently placed an order with them (like 10 days ago), and in that order is a pair of shoes. Of course, I live in the States, so they haven't arrived yet, and I have no idea if I did well with the sizing. They are these Steve Madden heels:

I ended up ordering them in a size 4, which the site described them as a US size 6 or European size 37. Honestly, I'm horrible with my shoe sizing in U.S. sizes (I used to buy my heels in 7 and a half before I even had a clue, and they were always too big and killed my feet. Duh, there's a problem there), but I've found that for heels, 6 and a half fits me best - and I know for a fact that European 37 fits me like a glove.

What is everyone's experiences with their shoes? I'm eyeing some boots that I really want to buy before the sales are over because they're a steal, but I don't want to order a 4 again, and then have them both be too small!

Also, they keep sending me e-mails saying that these are the final few days for the sale...is stuff just going to go back to regular price then, or what?? Thanks!

09-01-2009
front row

personally i feel that asos.com is really not worth the money, its poorly made and caters to the same woman who shop at say topshop/river island/ forever 21. they recently ripped off balmain which is so close to my heart. its one thing to rip off gucci or prada, but dont start on the small fashion houses or at least the ones trying to rescue themselves!

10-01-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scivolare View Post
What is everyone's experiences with their shoes? I'm eyeing some boots that I really want to buy before the sales are over because they're a steal, but I don't want to order a 4 again, and then have them both be too small!

Also, they keep sending me e-mails saying that these are the final few days for the sale...is stuff just going to go back to regular price then, or what?? Thanks!
I have ordered a couple of shoes and I'm EU 37 and ordered everytime UK 4 as Asos suggested. From 4 pairs I kept 3, the fitted perfectly to me. Just one pair of pointy flats were too big. Besides that their ankle booties, sandals and Mary Janes were perfect to me. But I ordered shoes from their own label "Asos" and never from a different brand such as Steve Madden.

About the e-mails, I really don't know if they will stop the sale next monday. They could the sale but on the other hand, what should they do with the unsold stuff? So I'm really clueless.

10-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruchtzwerg View Post
I have ordered a couple of shoes and I'm EU 37 and ordered everytime UK 4 as Asos suggested. From 4 pairs I kept 3, the fitted perfectly to me. Just one pair of pointy flats were too big. Besides that their ankle booties, sandals and Mary Janes were perfect to me. But I ordered shoes from their own label "Asos" and never from a different brand such as Steve Madden.

About the e-mails, I really don't know if they will stop the sale next monday. They could the sale but on the other hand, what should they do with the unsold stuff? So I'm really clueless.
Ohh, thank you so much!

10-01-2009
tfs star

Yesterday finally my Christmas present by the bf arrived:
It's a very cool leather jacket with an asymmetrical zipper by Muu Baa. It's so gorgous! I love it.

Pic via Asos.com

10-01-2009
tfs star

^I love the zipper placement!

11-01-2009
windowshopping

I also really want to order a boots from ASOS, but I'm confused with their sizing. Although I'm usually a US Size 7 in most brands, which ASOS states on its sizing chart as equivalent to a UK Size 5, I'm also a EU Size 37 at Aldo, which ASOS states as being a UK Size 4.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone can give me suggestions as to whether I'd be a UK Size 4 or 5? I'm a UK Size 4 for my Hunter boots, but I've also been told that these boots run large.

Oy, I'm so confused!

11-01-2009
tfs star

I think generally a UK 5 is a US 7.5 and a EU 38. If the Hunter boots run large I would go with the UK 4.

11-01-2009
windowshopping

Darn! The boots that I want say that they are no longer available in UK Size 4 - I was about to buy them last night and chickened out because of the shipping costs. But I'm definitely regretting it right now. That's why I was hoping I was wrong and was a UK Size 5!

Thanks though!

11-01-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniec View Post
Darn! The boots that I want say that they are no longer available in UK Size 4 - I was about to buy them last night and chickened out because of the shipping costs. But I'm definitely regretting it right now. That's why I was hoping I was wrong and was a UK Size 5!

Thanks though!

Yes, I was hesitating about some boots as well - and I'm a UK size 4. I decided to buy them, and they sold out before I could purchase them. I ordered a size 5 and am hoping for the best :/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asoscom