How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigleto972001
cool pics, caffeine!

also, i love the tank tops as well...looks fab with the other balenciaga clothes

did any of you happen to get anything from the last season, fall 2005? i was obsessed with the coats then (but didn't get one, too small for me )
yeah i loved the coats! unfortunately they looked too boxy on me...and then fortunately I settled with the gorgeous Doo. Ri. coat Hanne has the same coat
Too bad they didn't show any coats in this FW runway show. Looking forward to their FW collections to hit the floor though.

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

thereses, did you take that picture? how brilliant it was to hang the tank on the sculpture!

08-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama

Pigleto: I was planning on getting the coat for F/W 05, but it was too big on me, and long!
don't be sad. you're teeny tiny the jacket works out very very well for you! it's a work of art

09-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
yeah i loved the coats! unfortunately they looked too boxy on me...and then fortunately I settled with the gorgeous Doo. Ri. coat Hanne has the same coat
Too bad they didn't show any coats in this FW runway show. Looking forward to their FW collections to hit the floor though.
Did you see anything you wanted to get at the trunk show???

Although I loved the fall Balenciaga presentation I was disappointed I didn't see any coats that really grabbed me like the ones from the previous fall show. I missed out on the coats because they didn't order any that I liked in my size!!

I told my SA I really loved the look worn by Hana in the show - but he kind of put me off the outerwear part of it. He said that the coats were supervoluminous , were made of 2 separate pieces and had no fastenings. I am curious to see the pre-coll though last year I missed a beautiful jacket and a coat from the pre-coll so hopefully they'll have somethings that are similarly great this time around.

09-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
thereses, did you take that picture? how brilliant it was to hang the tank on the sculpture!
Yes I did. Thanks!
I thought it looked a lot better hanging than just laid out on the table.
Here's a close-up of the black as well:
DSCN1599.JPG

Arturo: Thanks - If I remember correctly I think Grills husband got the striped mens tee with the same print?
Oh, and Grill - you should repost your pics of your beautiful jacket

09-04-2006
trendsetter

Has anyone seen the pearl embellished version in person? If so, what did you think about it?

09-04-2006
fashion insider

^That is beautiful

Here is the men's - I love it. Good thing no one here knows Balenciaga (Except I see handbag rip-offs everywhere..soo...), so I might buy it later.

$240 - a "bit" pricey for a t-shirt, unless it's made of the most marvelous cotton from heaven or something....

Last edited by Arturo21; 09-04-2006 at 09:00 AM.

09-04-2006
V.I.P.

how much do the tanks retail for?

09-04-2006
Frozen irony.

105 they are sold out all over London, and Paris.

Does anyone know anywhere that will be getting them in again?

09-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill
Did you see anything you wanted to get at the trunk show???

Although I loved the fall Balenciaga presentation I was disappointed I didn't see any coats that really grabbed me like the ones from the previous fall show. I missed out on the coats because they didn't order any that I liked in my size!!

I told my SA I really loved the look worn by Hana in the show - but he kind of put me off the outerwear part of it. He said that the coats were supervoluminous , were made of 2 separate pieces and had no fastenings. I am curious to see the pre-coll though last year I missed a beautiful jacket and a coat from the pre-coll so hopefully they'll have somethings that are similarly great this time around.
I didn't go to any trunk shows at all that makes ordering very difficult
I have to wait to see what hit the store eventually...

10-04-2006
Frozen irony.

I'm thinking about getting this jacket for winter.

I love the sharpness of it..

(vogue.co.uk)

10-04-2006
fashion insider

^Please do!

10-04-2006
V.I.P.

pucci -- That and another jacket were 2 I was considering for fall, I love the one you posted. What worries me about it are the short sleeves so it doesn't seem very practical for fall/winter. I could always wear it over a cardigan though. There are quite a few jackets I'm consdiering though so I dont know yet. Too early to start worrying about it!

10-04-2006
Frozen irony.

I know, GG, but I find the arms to be interesting, you know.. it adds something a bit unexpected imo.

And it's never too early to put your name down, my SA recommended me to call asap if there was anything speciafically I was interested in, as they would consider taking in size 34, they have never done that before. *hoping*

The only thing that worries me if, the end of the sleeves on the jacket is actually white?

That would be so impractica!!. I also wonder how the jacket would look on me, is it one of those jacket that it's going to make you look 'big'?

Grill I forgot, you need to post pictures of your beautiful grey jacket!! I love it!!

10-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
I know, GG, but I find the arms to be interesting, you know.. it adds something a bit unexpected imo.

And it's never too early to put your name down, my SA recommended me to call asap if there was anything speciafically I was interested in, as they would consider taking in size 34, they have never done that before. *hoping*

The only thing that worries me if, the end of the sleeves on the jacket is actually white?

That would be so impractica!!. I also wonder how the jacket would look on me, is it one of those jacket that it's going to make you look 'big'?

Grill I forgot, you need to post pictures of your beautiful grey jacket!! I love it!!
Thjose sleeves are part of the jacket? I thought it was a sleeveless jacket worn over a top.

Your right, pucci -- I'm going to call tommorow and put my name down for the one you posted and another one. I definatly can't afford both, but it's not like theres any comitment so it's good just incase

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2012, balenciaga, december, june