How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-08-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

but what do you guys think about the accessories bc despite what have to be lackluster sales in both the womenswear and menswear (i mean even yoox.com stays fully stocked)...i have seen a helluva a lot of lariat bags around...they can't ALL be fakes...maybe the girl who can't fit in the balenciaga pant buys the balenciaga bag? and shoe?

11-08-2004
yes

the balenciaga bags are VERY NICE

has anyone got a picture of the Balenciaga Messenger bag?
its being carried by a lot of MEN recently

its REALLY annoying me because i love it and i cant find it anywhere

11-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 10 2004, 09:29 PM
but what do you guys think about the accessories bc despite what have to be lackluster sales in both the womenswear and menswear (i mean even yoox.com stays fully stocked)...i have seen a helluva a lot of lariat bags around...they can't ALL be fakes...maybe the girl who can't fit in the balenciaga pant buys the balenciaga bag? and shoe?
[snapback]327831[/snapback]
But of course. Same goes for LV, Gucci, etc. Especially for the US. I am sure you are all aware of the obesity/overweight problem in the US. It is obvious (and Gucci figured it out first, followed by LV) that since these women can't fit in the clothes but sill want to fit in the image they will go for the bags and other accessories.

I kind of like Balenciaga bags. I like the overall design, it's distinctive without having to have a logo. My motto is, those in the know will know what you are wearing, and those who don't know don't need to know - and a Balenciaga bag represents that quite well.

02-02-2005
fashion insider

Does anyone know if Balenciaga is doing menswear for S/S or A/W? I can't find any pictures...

03-02-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel21
Hey everyone, I was wondering where I can buy Balenciaga menswear other than the boutique. I live in the Boston Area. Thanks. Neimans and Saks here don't carry it.
Louis DID carry the menswear. I dont know if they still do however. According to their website, A-Atelier in NYC carries it as well (along w/ Anne Demeulemeester, Cloak, Carol Christian Poell & Les Hommes--now added to Things To Do list when I go to NY!)

04-02-2005
windowshopping

Looking for a Black peacoat from Balenciaga 2004 F/W collection menswear. it has Big and beautiful lapels. two small epaulets. The length of the coat is short, it looks more like a jacket. Anyone have seen it in store? Thank you all.~~

04-02-2005
& b

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but Intermix in NYC and Miami carries a small selection of Balenciaga

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but Intermix in NYC and Miami carries a small selection of Balenciaga

Are you shmireous?

15-02-2005
rising star

Does anyone know what the ideal sizes are like for balenciaga womenswear? Was planning on ordering a jacket this weekend, won't be able to visit the store in London but after reading this im not so sure about ordering! I'm usually a 36/38 European standards or 8/10 UK. I'm 6" though so sleeves are usually too short, would a jacket fit me?

15-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by have_une_nice_day
Does anyone know what the ideal sizes are like for balenciaga womenswear? Was planning on ordering a jacket this weekend, won't be able to visit the store in London but after reading this im not so sure about ordering! I'm usually a 36/38 European standards or 8/10 UK. I'm 6" though so sleeves are usually too short, would a jacket fit me?
I would NOT buy anything Balenciaga without trying it on, or at least without a good return policy. They are infamous for producing ill-fitting (not just slim) clothes. Generally, you should order 1-2 sizes up.

15-02-2005
Heated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
Does anyone know if Balenciaga is doing menswear for S/S or A/W? I can't find any pictures...
Yes, of course. They just didn't do a show for it like they did for fall 2004. Balenciaga has been doing mens since fall 2002 and but has only included men once in the actual fashion show.

05-04-2005
windowshopping

Balenciaga Men's and bag links
Found some picture and link to Balenciaga Men's Clothing and bags. I don't know if the item is from Spring Summer though.

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/***...balenciaga.htm

05-04-2005
front row

There is a Barney's New York at the Chestnut Hill mall, located in--of all places--Chestnut Hill, which is a western suburb of Boston. Might call first to see if they do carry Balenciaga; it takes about half an hour to get there from downtown Boston, depending on traffic.

05-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
i am 5'11.5 and i am very tiny. i generally get a 30 waist pants which is like a 48, however in balenciaga menswear i can JUST about get into their 52 size which is their largest.also i take a 34 inch leg, but their leg length is more like a 40 its absolutely rediculous as for their jackets........again i am thin but i have quite big shoulders and i take a 48-50......but their size 52 is more like a 48 from any other brand.
Wow. We have the exact same measurements (although I'm 17 and still growing sort of and I take a 28 waist depending on the brand). Are those measurements good enough to try modeling? Sometimes I worry I'm too thin.

06-04-2005
windowshopping

desperate for this one. anyone has seen in the boutique? I saw it once when I came back , it has been sold
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ifzE_00410f[1].jpg (23.5 KB, 7 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2012, balenciaga, december, june