How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghag21 View Post
I am keen on the jacket with the exaggerated shoulders. Am waiting for it to arrive at a local store.

The jackets are very fitted at the arm holes. I normally wear Balenciaga jackets in sz34 or 36 (if I want it looser or if local store doesnt have a 34). For the Balmain, I may need a 36. Anything bigger, the shoulders will be totally disproportionate as they increase by about 1" or 2cm with every size up.

Very pricey!
I think tops are easier to get a way with in in sizes, whereas jeans are much harder cause they seem tight fitting! I am just having an isssue that its a low rise jeans...and i have a small waist..and some junk in my trunk so i dont want to get a big size and flash the world....and i dont want to get a small size and i wont be able to breathe

14-07-2009
Noblesse oblige

Thanks Dulcisima! I cannot finde it on style.com or anywhere so I have no clue about the season, but I expect it to be from 2007 or early 2008.

14-07-2009
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

baghag, i have two balmain jackets with the shoulders, im like you, a 34 or 36 in balenciaga, and in balmain, my black one is a 34 and my white is a 36, they all fit well. the 34 is tight around the arms but its a cool look...
the thing about those jackets isnt a problem of getting a smaller size, but if you size up , you will end up looking like a football player! the first balmain jacket i tried was in a 38 and a SA tried to convince me on how cool it looks, my husband looked shocked! lol, i didnt like it either, so left the store, went to another , tried on the 34 and wow...my husband loved it and so did it..the shoulders dont look so crazy when the fit snuggly...ill take pics and post them so you get an idea

backstage pass

^UNIQFashionista...thanks for your feedback. Very useful and good to know that I am not the anomaly or am too big to fit into the jackets. Would love to see pics!

You are right! The thing with these jackets are the proportions. I am 5'3". If the shoulders are off by even 2cm, I look off. I will need those super high heels to compliment this jacket.

15-07-2009
fashion elite

UNiQ! u never cease to amuse me with your exiquste taste ,please do post pix of ur jackets
Do you happen to have any idea bout jeans fitting? have you tried their pants or know anything about their fitting? Thanks

dulcis, thanks, right back at you

no, havent tried any pants, since im pregnant, but they have some yummy ones for fall..actually i love their fall collection entirely...but for fall I have to stick with the jackets, but I def want to invest in a pair of jeans after the baby is born, it will be my gift to me and motivate me to lose all this weight!

fashion elite

Your pregrant? aww congrats! I am sure u will lose the weight pretty fast

Side note, I 've been getting mixed recommendations on the jeans fitting, finally a store here in spain recommended that i try a 38 ( and i was like no no 38 FR is too big, plus its low waist!!!) and i am pretty pettite and wear 36 in balenciaga...but they said that the jeans run very very small...skinny people size up one size and normal people two sizes lol
she said unless i am a 12 year old i could probably fit in a 36 or 34

so i am going to wait and try the 38 FR on, I am a bit worried that I might get disappointed...like i did in the past with other designers...like u know how u look at the clothes and u think woow they look amazing..and when u get it and try it on...it looks crap on u ? i hate when that happens..

fashion elite

Ok I got the mottocross pants, size note to those who want to order it online..defintely size up...I am pretty pettite and wear 36 balenciaga..in balmain mottocross jeans i got a 38. and they wear perfect but I am still not used to the low rise effect...its pretty low rise...meaning i cant bend down to pick up my mobile if it dropped!!

but the effect is soo leather like its crazy!!!

& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASHIONLOVA View Post
i don t think u need to be Emmanuellesque to wear that blazer. that s nonsense
yeah she isn't all that.

as promised..pics of me in my jackets

the black is a 34F and the white is a 36F
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0181.JPG (118.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0182.JPG (124.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0183.JPG (128.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0184.JPG (79.5 KB, 13 views)

tfs star

I love Balmain jackets. It would be cool if they had it for men. Although, I'm not sure how that would look like.

12-08-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

You look wonderful Uniq ! Best-dressed pregnant woman I've ever seen

backstage pass

Uniq...thanks for sharing those pics!!! You look simply and absolutely fabulous!!!

13-08-2009
trendsetter

uniq, the balmain jacket fits you perfectly! and congrats on your pregnancy!

14-08-2009
backstage pass

You look amazing!
Love the jackets.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balmain