How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ionn24@Nov 15 2004, 11:35 AM
One problem.. I can't make it to the store.. have to do phone order!!!

Bagutta should have gone the 25% sale already during early November right????
[snapback]432702[/snapback]
more like 50

15-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Nov 15 2004, 11:38 AM
more like 50
[snapback]432709[/snapback]
They are now at 50%???? Really???

Damn why am I not in town

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ionn24@Nov 15 2004, 11:46 AM
They are now at 50%???? Really???

Damn why am I not in town
[snapback]432722[/snapback]
well, i don't think it's on yet, i usually get an invitation.

15-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

there are some beautiful shoes this season...but a lot of the good stuff sold this season at full price...i found that many of the things i really loved were already gone in my size...boo hoo...

15-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 15 2004, 12:17 PM
there are some beautiful shoes this season...but a lot of the good stuff sold this season at full price...i found that many of the things i really loved were already gone in my size...boo hoo...
[snapback]432748[/snapback]
I heard the luxury department store did really well this season...

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

So what's the rationalle behind such early sales? Is it because that everybody who wanted to buy the coveted items bought them and the rest can't justify such high prices? (remember, the prices went up 6% last season, and 20% this season, that's 26% ).

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

Prices went up 20% this season? You've gotta be kidding me. That's absolutely insane.

15-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 15 2004, 12:41 PM
Prices went up 20% this season? You've gotta be kidding me. That's absolutely insane.
[snapback]432779[/snapback]
$ sucks a$$ against the Euro. Thank your President.

15-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

thanks for nuthin' gw...

15-11-2004
backstage pass

I'm really not too sure what's with the early sales. Neimans having First Call in early Nov is very early, especially given they have had oustanding sales performance for quite some time. I can't recall if this is early for Barneys given that I don't usually even check out the sales rack until round 2, but it does seem a bit early. First Call was pretty much crap, I think it may be an incentive to draw the early holiday shoppers in and then they know they need a gift and will buy a full priced item...not everyone is as psycho as me and visits the same store on a weekly basis....

Most luxury dept. stores have been doing well of late, its the middle of the road dept stores that have struggled. For awhile Neimans was putting up some insane same store sales growth rates....

And Soft, what you experienced is sadly becoming the truth. Remember 2 or 3 XMas seasons ago when retailers were left with a glut of merchandise that they couldn't give away...well these increased margins are due to a more streamlined ordering/buying process, so stock is a bit more limited, heightening demand and having people say OMG I better buy it now full price as there are only 5 of them...its worked quite well for luxury retailers and I have defintely seem a thinner/crappier sales rack of late...I've had to buy a few pants at full retail because I knew they wouldn't last......

15-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Nov 15 2004, 08:19 PM
And Soft, what you experienced is sadly becoming the truth. Remember 2 or 3 XMas seasons ago when retailers were left with a glut of merchandise that they couldn't give away...well these increased margins are due to a more streamlined ordering/buying process, so stock is a bit more limited, heightening demand and having people say OMG I better buy it now full price as there are only 5 of them...its worked quite well for luxury retailers and I have defintely seem a thinner/crappier sales rack of late...
[snapback]433504[/snapback]
ah yes...i knew it was just temporary..which is why i was shopping like a lunatic...i knew i had better get the stuff while i could...

17-11-2004
V.I.P.

Does anyone know if they will be having their Marc Jacobs bags on sale & how much the discount will be? Im not talking about the Stella or any of the regular bags that seem to be out every year... Im not interested in them.

Thanks.

17-11-2004
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany7@Nov 18 2004, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know if they will be having their Marc Jacobs bags on sale & how much the discount will be? Im not talking about the Stella or any of the regular bags that seem to be out every year... Im not interested in them.

Thanks.

[snapback]436177[/snapback]
i love those bags, do u have photos of the ones u want?

17-11-2004
rising star

And Soft, what you experienced is sadly becoming the truth. Remember 2 or 3 XMas seasons ago when retailers were left with a glut of merchandise that they couldn't give away...well these increased margins are due to a more streamlined ordering/buying process, so stock is a bit more limited, heightening demand and having people say OMG I better buy it now full price as there are only 5 of them...its worked quite well for luxury retailers and I have defintely seem a thinner/crappier sales rack of late...I've had to buy a few pants at full retail because I knew they wouldn't last......
[snapback]433504[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well.. I think it goes in cycles... when retailers see they have a glut of merchandise they cut back.. but once they cut back.. people swarm to buy it.. and so it looks like the merchandise did really well.. so they may double the amount they buy from previous season, and then left with another glut of merchandise they can't sell.. plus it also depend on the asthetic of the season if it will sell or not right???

Plus I think that Lux department store are become more savvy now that they are doing all these private sale and family and friends sale etc to lure the top 10% big spenders, offering them whimsical discount(ie 20%) but since those big spenders are going to buy it at full price anyway.. any discount would be good enough for them!!!!

18-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany7@Nov 17 2004, 03:54 PM

Thanks.

[snapback]436177[/snapback]
there are some mj bgs on sale now...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
barneys, reinvention, underway, york